User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does one ignore background noises?

I put this on in headphones if I need to cancel background noise while I'm working (usually if it's a dull noise, no matter how loud, I can tune it out on my own, but if there are distinct conversations or something like that, it is harder, so then I use some "white noise" to cancel it).

I esp like that website bc you can slide the little toggles to adjust to one that sounds best to you!
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    5w6 sp/so
    LII Ne

I've always had a problem with sudden loud noises. Interestingly, constant loud noises don't bother me nearly as much. It's like the sudden loud noise, suddenly interrupts my thought process and demands that I pay attention to it.

Today at work in the library, there was someone who was coughing loudly every minute or so for five hours. It was just torture for me. I work with the public, so I can't wear earplugs or headphones. I have to be attuned to what's going on around me. Nor can I just make him leave. He didn't look sick or anything although I did ask him if he was alright and he said yes. I know that people can't help it when they cough but it still bothers me for some reason.
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Neutral Good