User Tag List

First 1234 Last

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Best of Birthdays to the Palm Warrior!

teehee...I just read you've got your family "captured" at home with you because of the snow! Awesome...everybody's gonna have a good time now!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    The writer Rudyard Kipling wrote the poem 'If' as an instructional really...for his young son on just what it takes to become an adult... capable of thriving in a harsh reality while simultaneously shining like the sun (<--okay that's my own creation that sun part. I'm pretty sure Kipling meant 'a man with what it takes to reach his full potential.') I believe you absolutely epitomize these excerpts/passages. Happy Birthday Halla.
    Sister Starry!!
    The awesome readings you find and share here are a constant source of joy and enlightenment for me.

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    Then stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more… You'll be a Man, my son.

This poem by Kipling is nothing short of amazing.
    That you've given this to me on my birthday is priceless.
    Thank you so much for your kind words, and for giving me a chance to shed some tears of joy.

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Happy Birthday Alex!!! You are such a gem and the epitome of a true man, strong and ambitious but also caring, humble and a great communicator. Thanks for sharing so freely of your wisdom and thoughts. I hope your birthday is as awesome as you are, and your 40th year the best yet!
    Ahhhhhh, hi there small.wonder!! Thank you so much for these wonderful well wishes, and kind, supportive words! I am so glad we've had a chance to talk and share life perspectives on recent events. You surely came out of nowhere, and have just blown my mind with how well you're able to integrate book-smarts with life experience and so casually deliver the best of both in such a direct, clear and sincere way. Thank you so much for your friendship and for giving me such great advice - I'm very thankful for you!!

Oh whoops...and I also wanted to include a picture of baby Hercules since baby Hercules is one of my all-time favorite Disney characters (Hades too from this movie)...

I kinda imagine newborn Halla on his original birthday to be nearly identical in looks and disposition to baby Hercules haha.
    In the spirit of full disclosure, I cannot take credit for looking like Baby Hercules.

My beginnings were much more humble, like most ESTP 7w8 Sx/So male children - please see below:

By age 3 I was defiantly standing with my arms crossed, in my underwear, and uttering my favorite expression: "You can't conquer me."

By age 5 I knew that Adidas track suits were the preferred garb of modern barbarian children...

And thus - photographic evidence of my true, humble beginnings is above for the truth of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    Happy Birthday!!
    Thanks, Bro!
    I will send you those articles, I haven't forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you, Falcarius!!
    I am very grateful to hear from you, and hope you are doing well!!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelLight2012 View Post
    @Halla74 Awesome! Thanks for the compliments (and the tracks)!
    You are very welcome, and very welcome again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Best of Birthdays to the Palm Warrior!
    Thank you very much, Sister Redbone!! May the fronds of a thousand palms shield you from the elements this winter!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    teehee...I just read you've got your family "captured" at home with you because of the snow! Awesome...everybody's gonna have a good time now!
    I hope so! All I know is that I've been having fun chasing them throughout the house all day!

If I could fly you all to Las Vegas right now we'd be having one hell of a party in short order. Believe it!!

Thank you so much my dear friends!!

-Halla74

P.S. Steaks about to be on the grill, margarita in hand, red wine at the ready, garlic bread in the oven, and in a bit festivity pictures will be ready - YIPPEE!!!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Happy Birthday Halla. Welcome to the forties club.

Happy birthday good sir

Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

you are a class act, sir!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Happy 40th dude! Remember you're always young at heart, just another milestone to indicate your sheer resilience. One of the genuinely coolest people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Happy Birthday Halla. Welcome to the forties club.
    Thank you very much, Brother Wolfy! You are a good friend, you given me so much guidance about so many things over the years. I swear your brain is like freaking nuclear-good-idea factory!
    I appreciate you very much, and grateful for your presence in my life. We will climb Mount Fuji one day, and drink much Sake afterward. Have a great day, Sir!!

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Happy birthday good sir

Thank you, fair lady! Your kind wishes make me glad! And now I shall go have some fun - and be a little bit bad.
    Have a great evening, Gromit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    you are a class act, sir!
    Thank you very much, Sir! It takes one to know one. So glad to be in such good company.
    Take care and have a fantastic evening, Brother Stanton Moore!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Happy 40th dude!
    Thank you, Chandler!!

Remember you're always young at heart, just another milestone to indicate your sheer resilience.
    I will always be young at heart; I was not built to be jaded.
    Your mention of resilience is a good one.
    I have some goals set for this year that if properly executed will reduce my physiological age by almost a decade.
    For the most part I live a very clean lifestyle, but I've been busy for awhile, and found comfort in good food and drink as 7s often do.
    At 25 my body incinerated the calories. At 40 I have to bust my ass just to break even.
    In a few days I will be going on a Paleo + Cyclic Ketogenic Diet, and doubling my cardiovascular work at the gym.
    Resilience of mind and resilience of body are the closest things we have to the fountain of youth.
    Thank you for keeping my thoughts where they need to be, Chandler.

One of the genuinely coolest people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.
    WOW. Thank you very much, Bro. That goes both ways. You are WAY smarter about life and more self aware than I ever was at your age.
    Thank you for being so cool and good natured. It's always great to hear from you.

Have fun!

--------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

garbage

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    Lol..

Happy Birthday!

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield