User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Wherefore art thou, Zago?

Prepare for a long, bitter, cynical life if you're going to keep being this way.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    Wherefore art thou, Zago?

Prepare for a long, bitter, cynical life if you're going to keep being this way.
    Scare tactics? Really?

It is what it is, everybody. You can't polish a turd. If society is full of jerks, it's full of jerks. My trying to meet them on their level will not change the bitterness of life. I have swallowed this pill. I am living in reality. That's why I promote change, and I believe in it too. And I feel better than ever. That doesn't mean everything is peachy, though. Just callin' it as I see it.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who don't have it". - George Bernard Shaw

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Scare tactics? Really?

It is what it is, everybody. You can't polish a turd. If society is full of jerks, it's full of jerks. My trying to meet them on their level will not change the bitterness of life. I have swallowed this pill. I am living in reality. That's why I promote change, and I believe in it too. And I feel better than ever. That doesn't mean everything is peachy, though. Just callin' it as I see it.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who don't have it". - George Bernard Shaw
    I wasn't trying to scare you. I couldn't care less what you do, but I assumed by making this thread you were looking for some advice or input, so I gave it. What you're refusing to acknowledge is that maybe you're the one acting like a jerk, and not the rest of the world. But I have a feeling you're not ready to accept that, so good luck to you.

This forum has really soured me on INTP men though. Someone prove me wrong, please.

MBTI
    INTP

I wasn't trying to scare you. I couldn't care less what you do, but I assumed by making this thread you were looking for some advice or input, so I gave it. What you're refusing to acknowledge is that maybe you're the one acting like a jerk, and not the rest of the world. But I have a feeling you're not ready to accept that, so good luck to you.

This forum has really soured me on INTP men though. Someone prove me wrong, please.
    WOAH that is starting to sound discriminatory.... I'm about to call up the INTP men attack brigade on you. They're gonna not care all over your ass.

And no I was not asking for advice. If I had been asking for advice I would have asked for advice.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    WOAH that is starting to sound discriminatory.... I'm about to call up the INTP men attack brigade on you. They're gonna not care all over your ass.

And no I was not asking for advice. If I had been asking for advice I would have asked for advice.
    That's why I said "or input." You seemed very confused as to why the girl responded the way she did, when her thought process seemed very obvious and natural to me.

MBTI
    INTP

That's why I said "or input." You seemed very confused as to why the girl responded the way she did, when her thought process seemed very obvious and natural to me.
    How is saying that I was 99% sure what her answer would be "confused" at all? It was the least surprising or confusing thing ever. Everything is perfectly clear to me. She doesn't want to be right, she wants to be charmed. Nothing new. People are like that. I do speak out about it from time to time, though, and make fun of it. Especially when they shake their heads disapprovingly at me as if my value of right answers is "being an asshole."

MBTI
    INTP

Here's how this is from my perspective:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Being correct =\= being "right"

MBTI
    INTP

Being correct =\= being "right"
    I agree. I'm both correct and right. My explanation of Shakespeare was obviously spot-on, but now let's take a look at that message I sent...

I noticed you answered that the "wherefore" in "wherefore art thou Romeo" means "where" and not "why." Thought you might want to know that it actually does mean "why." Juliet isn't asking Romeo where he is. She is asking him why he has to be who he is, such that their love is forbidden. I wouldn't have mentioned it, but you put it as mandatory or very important that your match say "where" and that would be incorrect.
    Obviously there is nothing overtly offensive in this message, but I'll grant you that this could be called a technicality. Tone matters. That's the problem with your argument, though:

I wouldn't have mentioned it, but you put it as mandatory or very important that your match say "where" and that would be incorrect.
    Clearly I am addressing my tone here, and explaining why I thought she would care to hear from me. I wouldn't have sent this message to any old random innocent person, I'm saying. She was of particular interest because of her emphasis on the question.

Considering various far more inflammatory possible alternatives to what I actually sent, I think it is extremely difficult for you to defend your position. Maybe I just wanted to send her a simple message. Maybe there is no conspiracy here. Think about it.

MBTI
    INTP

By the way everyone, the view that we should all just "shut up and deal with it" is particularly egregious in light of that Dawkins video above. He is admirable for not shutting up, as are so many other scientists and activists throughout the times. People who didn't just shut up are responsible for the freedom and equality we see today. Not comparing myself to them by any means, but highlighting something I see as a dangerous belief. We should not be fatalistic and just accept the status quo or change ourselves when we believe something is true.