User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    So you have called me a dick and a twat in this post. Who has poor social skills, me or you?
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    I will desperately try to care.

Also, whats interesting to me: You get upset when the girl reacts badly to your attempts at educating her and feel the need to come stomping over here and gripe about it, and yet you seem to be reacting the same way to MY attempts at educating YOU!

How do you not see this??
    I'll tell you how I do not see this.

While I transmitted an entirely factual message to this girl that was partly based on her clear marking of its importance, you have given to me little more than a profanity-laced negative/destructive opinion.

Do I need to continue?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The investment wasn't big on either end, as I've said. If a conversation can start from a message like that, great, it's the kind of conversation I want to have. If it can't, oh well. I don't see why everyone is trying to tell me I should have worked harder to cajole this person into responding. If the chemistry isn't there, I'm not hell-bent on forcing it. I actually disdain men who try too hard to please women, and I feel women probably do too from what I've seen.
    People are giving you the advice they do because you express you are lonely and unhappy, to the degree of feeling bitter (as per your title). You're the one expressing disappointment at how things are (not) working out, so they're letting you know what approaches might provide better success.

Basically, it comes down to priorities, like I said earlier. You can either approach it the way you have been and accept your lot with contentment and make the best of it, or you can change your approach and maybe get some different results but still have to be content with your own decision either way. We all make choices. I've made some choices in my life that have made it harder for me to find a partner, but i made my own choices based on what I thought was best for me, and so I accepted both the positive and negative aspects of that choice.

it sounds like you've already decided to continue your approach as stated, so at this stage, it's a matter of learning to accept the outcome of that choice while not letting it embitter you towards life or ruin your productivity.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I'll tell you how I do not see this.

While I transmitted an entirely factual message to this girl that was partly based on her clear marking of its importance, you have given to me little more than a profanity-laced negative/destructive opinion.

Do I need to continue?
    I will tell you how *I* do not see this.

I was informing you that you choosing to correct a complete stranger on a completely superflous matter on a medium designed to meet romantic partners is a dick move as such a medium is an inappropriate place to do such a thing. I suggested to you that you might want to reconsider your approach.

You responded with general panty-twisting and butt hurt rather than consider that I might actually have a point.

I then illustrated that I was speaking to you in much the same fashion in which you were speaking to this young lady.

You can either continue to get butt hurt and drive your head further up your own butt or you can learn something and consider that acting like a giant cock to the world and then turning around and crying about how nobody likes you is pretty god damned stupid. Your choice.

Do I need to continue?
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    People are giving you the advice they do because you express you are lonely and unhappy, to the degree of feeling bitter (as per your title). You're the one expressing disappointment at how things are (not) working out, so they're letting you know what approaches might provide better success.

Basically, it comes down to priorities, like I said earlier. You can either approach it the way you have been and accept your lot with contentment and make the best of it, or you can change your approach and maybe get some different results but still have to be content with your own decision either way. We all make choices. I've made some choices in my life that have made it harder for me to find a partner, but i made my own choices based on what I thought was best for me, and so I accepted both the positive and negative aspects of that choice.

it sounds like you've already decided to continue your approach as stated, so at this stage, it's a matter of learning to accept the outcome of that choice while not letting it embitter you towards life or ruin your productivity.
    We are just repeating ourselves at this point......

I see a third option. I've said this, I know. I don't have to just sit there and just 'accept my lot with contentment and make the best of it' and I don't have to be someone I'm not.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    I will tell you how *I* do not see this.

I was informing you that you choosing to correct a complete stranger on a completely superflous matter on a medium designed to meet romantic partners is a dick move as such a medium is an inappropriate place to do such a thing. I suggested to you that you might want to reconsider your approach.

You responded with general panty-twisting and butt hurt rather than consider that I might actually have a point.

I then illustrated that I was speaking to you in much the same fashion in which you were speaking to this young lady.

You can either continue to get butt hurt and drive your head further up your own butt or you can learn something and consider that acting like a giant cock to the world and then turning around and crying about how nobody likes you is pretty god damned stupid. Your choice.

Do I need to continue?
    Ok, I'm done with you. Can't say I didn't try. Please stop talking to me, in this thread and forever. I'd like to be left alone. I'll continue to do the same for you. Thanks.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Ok, I'm done with you. Can't say I didn't try. Please stop talking to me, in this thread and forever. I'd like to be left alone. I'll continue to do the same for you. Thanks.
    As you wish
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

We are just repeating ourselves at this point......

I see a third option. I've said this, I know. I don't have to just sit there and just 'accept my lot with contentment and make the best of it' and I don't have to be someone I'm not.
    No. That's not one anyone is suggesting, in fact it's the total opposite. If you keep doing the same thing and expecting different results well..I'm sure you know the rest. That's exactly what you're doing so instead of trying something that may have a different outcome, you just dig in deeper being the same bitter person whining - I'm not going to be someone I'm not! and I won't make the best of it!. That's fine but stop bitching about it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    No. That's not one anyone is suggesting, in fact it's the total opposite. If you keep doing the same thing and expecting different results well..I'm sure you know the rest. That's exactly what you're doing so instead of trying something that may have a different outcome, you just dig in deeper being the same bitter person whining - I'm not going to be someone I'm not! and I won't make the best of it!. That's fine but stop bitching about it.
    Na. I've seen what I need to see. There's always going to be people who criticize and tell you you're wrong. I have absolutely, definitely, without a doubt tried for the majority of my life to be less of who I am and more palatable to people. THAT is what 'doing the same thing' was.

Ironically, in the culmination of that mindset being dominant in my life, I made a thread about how I was going about it on this very forum called "Robert Greene's 48 Laws of Power - Let's Master Them." In case you don't know, they are exactly what you are talking about. I clearly stated in that thread that the most important laws were "work on the hearts and minds of others" and "always play the perfect courtier." My #1 rule in life during that period was "Always Be Charming."

Turns out, though, I hated it. Doing what you think won't offend others is not a fruitful way to live.

And no I will not stop bitching about it. I created this thread to bitch about it. This is where I will bitch about it, and if you don't like it, don't read it. People who say "stop bitching about it" are just the ones on top who don't want to change or adjust their way of seeing things. History shows us.

FIGHT THE MAN.