User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Oh dear, @OrangeAppled. I don't think he's enjoying your gift of knowledge.

I hope you kept the receipt.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTP

I hope she did too.

Else I'm going Miss Piddlin again (starts at 0:50)

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    I cook meth

This made my day
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INTP

Yes, as it is clear to see, my acerbic wit applies equally to all genders. ALL of them.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

You confuse wit with spite.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    You confuse wit with spite.
    Now you're on my personal ban list too, congrats. Please never reply to any of my threads or posts again. And I would very much appreciate it if you didn't refer to me at all. I'll do the same for you! BYE.

God, why didn't I think of this brilliant idea earlier?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    While I agree with you that answering the question wrong and classifying the wrong answer as mandatory/very important is extremely dumb, and should be pointed out by default, verbalizing that without a decent pretext for it demonstrates very weak social skills (which hints low social status, incidentally). Know-it-alls aren't sexy, and that's a first impression you wanna avoid.
    Pretty much. It was a case where Zago was technically correct, but socially, typically, it comes off as obnoxious/OCD to grammar-correct someone you don't even know, on a dating site, and show no other interest.

It did, however, serve the purpose of screening out people who would not be compatible. So in that, it was a successful strategy.

Reading the rest of the thread: Yes, that's it, you're doing well. You will soon screen out everyone who is not compatible with your personality on this site and elsewhere, and soon you'll be left with the perfect match. Good luck!

Weren't you on INTPc? I guess I missed the memo where you moved over here, or I forgot I read the memo, or something...

Thumbs up on the meth lab.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Pretty much. It was a case where Zago was technically correct, but socially, typically, it comes off as obnoxious/OCD to grammar-correct someone you don't even know, on a dating site, and show no other interest.
    "Comes off as" is the key phrase. I guess I don't care much how I come off. People gotta be who they are, even if it is different. I thought you were supposed to be a champion of that--does it only apply in cases that are near and dear to you? Are you one of the ones who won't listen? This is my personality. If people got a problem with it, they should know I often have a problem with them too, but I keep my mouth shut.

I have already made a thread about how I feel about haters in general.

In how many ways must I show interest? I don't know her equally as she doesn't know me. For me to throw a line out there isn't a big deal, and as I told urariev, I wouldn't have minded a brief reply that didn't lead anywhere or to even be ignored (although I still maintain, this wasn't merely a grammar correction. I basically let her know she had a big fat stain on her shirt), but my main problem is with the extra dismissal. I'm like, damn, I was only trying to help/maybe start a conversation. This is why I feel such isolation.

It did, however, serve the purpose of screening out people who would not be compatible. So in that, it was a successful strategy.

Reading the rest of the thread: Yes, that's it, you're doing well. You will soon screen out everyone who is not compatible with your personality on this site and elsewhere, and soon you'll be left with the perfect match. Good luck!
    Hey, as long as people are respectful I don't care who they are or what they're into.

Weren't you on INTPc? I guess I missed the memo where you moved over here, or I forgot I read the memo, or something...

Thumbs up on the meth lab.
    INTPc did not meet my selection standards. I banned them. By banning myself. Ya.

MBTI
    INTP

This is like What About Bob?

Bob comes off as odd to many people, even offensive. He uses a kleenex as a barrier to shake hands with people and such; he is generally paranoid and quirky but ultimately friendly. Dr. Marvin becomes the villain in the story by not only identifying Bob as someone who has problems, despite being essentially harmless, but by also failing to listen to everyone, mainly his family.

His daughter says it best when Dr. Marvin furiously demands to know why his family is so obsessed with Bob now - "BECAUSE HE LISTENS!" she says.

I just want to be listened to. And that was all Bob needed as well. In the end he is still the nut he always was, but he has found people who embrace it. Ya gotta find the people who are willing to embrace you and get rid of the ones who aren't. End of story.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

"Comes off as" is the key phrase. I guess I don't care much how I come off. People gotta be who they are, even if it is different. I thought you were supposed to be a champion of that--does it only apply in cases that are near and dear to you? Are you one of the ones who won't listen? This is my personality. If people got a problem with it, they should know I often have a problem with them too, but I keep my mouth shut.
    Is the "you" here addressed to me?

And if so, why? I made an impersonal compliment to explain why someone on that site might be bothered by your approach, so I'm not sure why you're directly criticizing me (if you are) and making this personal.

My personal feelings about what you're doing have no relevance here, so I'm simply addressing how people typically respond to your style of posting.

If you are happy with what you're doing and can live with the results, by all means continue. But you seem to be unhappy with the results, and simultaneously irked that the people in question have different rules than you do.

In how many ways must I show interest? I don't know her equally as she doesn't know me. For me to throw a line out there isn't a big deal, and as I told urariev, I wouldn't have minded a brief reply that didn't lead anywhere or to even be ignored (although I still maintain, this wasn't merely a grammar correction. I basically let her know she had a big fat stain on her shirt), but my main problem is with the extra dismissal. I'm like, damn, I was only trying to help/maybe start a conversation. This is why I feel such isolation.
    Well, as I said, your approach is like a slap in the face for most people. Sorry that people can't accept your approach, but the reality is that the response you got pretty seems par for the course, it doesn't surprise me. And now you're lonely. Well, sorry that people don't play by your rules. If you want them to respect you and your approach, then you have to accept that they might have a different approach as well.

I've found I typically don't get to have my cake and eat it too, I have to make hard choices about how much compromise I can live with in order to make a connection.

INTPc did not meet my selection standards. I banned them. By banning myself. Ya.
    I think everyone left there anyway. They're all over at INTPComplex now.

This is like What About Bob?

Bob comes off as odd to many people, even offensive. He uses a kleenex as a barrier to shake hands with people and such; he is generally paranoid and quirky but ultimately friendly. Dr. Marvin becomes the villain in the story by not only identifying Bob as someone who has problems, despite being essentially harmless, but by also failing to listen to everyone, mainly his family.

His daughter says it best when Dr. Marvin furiously demands to know why his family is so obsessed with Bob now - "BECAUSE HE LISTENS!" she says.

I just want to be listened to. And that was all Bob needed as well. In the end he is still the nut he always was, but he has found people who embrace it. Ya gotta find the people who are willing to embrace you and get rid of the ones who aren't. End of story.
    I like that movie a lot.

But ironically, if you look at how Bob acted, well, I don't think he would have sent that same message that you did on that dating site. If you are honest, he would have said something non-critical and inclusive. Note his style of interaction -- it was open, embracing, and receptive. That is why people liked him, despite his eccentricities. Dr. Marvin was far more critical and expecting people to fall into his line of thinking, and he's the one who was rejected.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft