User Tag List

First 1523242526 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Here was our last chat couple days ago.. may explain the offensive nature of what I've been referring to. This is all sarcasm, btw... guess I'll hide it and say, it's insanely inappropriate, just to warn ya.
    Wow. I'm very surprised, not by any inappropriateness or offensiveness, but by how completely insubstantial it is. In that respect it is not that different from what passes for conversation among most people around.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I've heard worse.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Wow. I'm very surprised, not by any inappropriateness or offensiveness, but by how completely insubstantial it is.
    You're too serious. People like to joke, they aren't always having substantial conversations. I find them both refreshing in their own time.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I've heard worse.
    I could do worse but it would get me in trouble. And the thing is, when we used to hang out, it was a constant stream of this kind of babble. People were dumbfounded. Then again, we talked so much that we were able to hold whole conversations by just implying things when other people were around and more discretion was needed. It was all references that no one knew about. It would be like:

Him: Airport sheep?
    Me: No.
    Him: Fucker.
    Me: McGrueger.
    Him: AWWW, dude, really? REALLY? That's just wrong man.

etc.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Agreed. If I might jump in, I would compare it to someone asking you to detail why you bought a particular shirt. "I liked it" isn't going to be very informative and might sound snarky, but the whole process of thinking about the color, cut, size, price, etc. happens subconsciously and might not even be recoverable.
    Actually I would be able to talk about that just fine. Yeah I might take a few seconds wording all that but fine.

I did get the idea though, about what both of you were talking about how Ni works Cool stuff actually :p

That might be accurate. I remember the first semester of college being awesome for that reason. Everyone was equally new and alone at first, so everyone was super cool and nice, and I seriously had the best 6 months of my entire life. Once the winter came I noticed that people had clumped together like drops of water and there were petty conflicts between people. I couldn't understand it, everything had been so good. I was never like that, I dunno.
    God yeah that's the part I don't get. Wear nice cool social masks in front of the group and talk petty shit behind the backs of people.

Yeah, I guess I do hate most people. But sometimes the right ones get together and beautiful things happen.
    Decide already if you love or hate them hahahah. Anyway stick to the right ones and problem solved I guess?

Don't mind discobiscuit. He has a rabbit problem.
    Bunny problem, I see, yes :P

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    Well on this topic and being an outlier in society, a little social experiement happened in my world today. I didnt engineer it but maybe is thread has given me some insight into myself I didnt previously possess.

So I was at work, and I was approached by a random for conversation (pretty typical in my job). So we start chatting away, we find a common topic, social behaviour and share our general views on various situations. I am making an effort here to be benign and not too opinionated, I have to reflect well on my company and choose my words carefully. The conversation goes on for 6 or so minutes and it seems this person is really comfortable and enjoying our conversation. So far so good. Then I make another general statement that I believe to be entirely benign and on topic. The other person suddenly makes an excuse and leaves.
    What was this "another general statement"? If it's possible for you to answer that.

More like sports (professional or college) as an indicator of social trends, barometer of popular culture, etc. It's why I like the sports commentator Frank DeFord even though I have no real interest in sports. He always goes far beyond the superficial in discussing sports, to see what it says about the broader human condition and our society.
    I see, oh well, this does sound pretty "abstract shit". That's not to say I wouldn't enjoy hearing a bit about this sort of stuff. I do wish people would be somewhat more tolerant of "weirdness".

This is all sarcasm, btw... guess I'll hide it and say, it's insanely inappropriate, just to warn ya.

That is typical and unremarkable for us. Just may go to show you how much I clean up my act when I talk to normal people.
    I've actually heard normal people banter pretty offensively as well. Though in public not THIS inappropriately. But it seems like offensive jokes are quite the norm at least where I go see people. And again, they're normal people, being friends with each other is a prerequisite of course. And in private some of them get just as this offensive as you and your friend

Wow. I'm very surprised, not by any inappropriateness or offensiveness, but by how completely insubstantial it is. In that respect it is not that different from what passes for conversation among most people around.
    Do you never do any "insubstantial" talk / banter?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    I see, oh well, this does sound pretty "abstract shit". That's not to say I wouldn't enjoy hearing a bit about this sort of stuff. I do wish people would be somewhat more tolerant of "weirdness".
    Abstract - maybe. I just find facts and specifics get dull very fast if one cannot go beyond that to what it all means. I'm not so much complaining about people's line of chatter, more simply explaining why I lost interest in trying to get invited to the party.

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Do you never do any "insubstantial" talk / banter?
    I do the usual "chore-talk": setting up appointments, dealing with customer service people, administrative stuff at work, etc. All rather insubstantial, uninteresting, and kept as brief as possible. I banter often, but it's usually full of puns, wordplay, double-entendres, inside jokes, off-the-wall references, and other multilayered stuff. And yes - sometimes people just don't get it.
    Last edited by Coriolis; 02-07-2014 at 12:56 AM.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

WhoCares

@valaki, I'd have to relate the entire conversation. But it was pretty much just reflecting back to her, her own already expressed attitudes. Something along the lines of why people lack patience these days. Its always tricky when customers start talking about the bad behaviours of other customers. As the mouthpiece of the company I have to indulge their statements while remaning non-committal and understanding. You can easily into a situation where you just don't know what to say. Or at least I do. Perhaps this was one of those times when I should have just expressioned interested acknowledgement and nodded knowingly.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Abstract - maybe. I just find facts and specifics get dull very fast if one cannot go beyond that to what it all means. I'm not so much complaining about people's line of chatter, more simply explaining why I lost interest in trying to get invited to the party.
    I do the usual "chore-talk": setting up appointments, dealing with customer service people, administrative stuff at work, etc. All rather insubstantial, uninteresting, and kept as brief as possible. I banter often, but it's usually full of puns, wordplay, double-entendres, inside jokes, off-the-wall references, and other multilayered stuff. And yes - sometimes people just don't get it.
    ...yes I see your N there ;P

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    @valaki, I'd have to relate the entire conversation. But it was pretty much just reflecting back to her, her own already expressed attitudes. Something along the lines of why people lack patience these days. Its always tricky when customers start talking about the bad behaviours of other customers. As the mouthpiece of the company I have to indulge their statements while remaning non-committal and understanding. You can easily into a situation where you just don't know what to say. Or at least I do. Perhaps this was one of those times when I should have just expressioned interested acknowledgement and nodded knowingly.
    Mind relating as much as needed? I guess it wouldn't necessarily miraculously solve all the issues but I would be willing to try and analyse it

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

Thumbs down

How could you possibly not see it as helpful and kind? I honestly think that is an important thing to know. That quote is one of the most famous of the English language. I certainly would want to know what it actually meant. I'm so dead serious right now. Like I said, there was 1% of me that refused to believe I would just get told off but would actually be appreciated. I would appreciate such a correction myself. Actually for a while I had the "if you turn a left handed glove inside out" question wrong. No one ever corrected me on it, but I wish they had! Once I realized it I was truly embarrassed.
    FFS, INTPs are really some of the most socially inept retards. It wasn't that difficult to understand, and it certainly didn't warrant a 25+ page thread. You're bitter and cynical because you've failed to acquire the mass admiration of your assumed superior intelligence, not because some harlot accurately summed you up.

In fact, your head is so far up your ass that I'm surprised you haven't passed out from the smell of compacted feces. She clearly didn't give two shits about what you thought was "helpful" or "kind". Google exists for a reason, so if she really cared about being correct she most likely would've Googled the answer herself.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by 5231311252 View Post
    FFS, INTPs are really some of the most socially inept retards. It wasn't that difficult to understand, and it certainly didn't warrant a 25+ page thread. You're bitter and cynical because you've failed to acquire the mass admiration of your assumed superior intelligence, not because some harlot accurately summed you up.

In fact, your head is so far up your ass that I'm surprised you haven't passed out from the smell of compacted feces. She clearly didn't give two shits about what you thought was "helpful" or "kind". Google exists for a reason, so if she really cared about being correct she most likely would've Googled the answer herself.
    Did you miss your morning coffee?

@WhoCares I'm still interested. Do let me know if you don't want to spend time on this, though.