User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell me about your weaknesses

Default Tell me about your weaknesses

To accompany the strengths thread...

My weaknesses:

*Sometimes I lose sight of who I want to be/how I see myself and become a very stubborn asshole who WAAAY overanalyzes things/make excuses/blames others/projects anger. Almost like a conspiracy against myself. I have to do a lot of reflection about how I'm spending my time and whats going on around me to avoid this, but sometimes I still slip through the cracks.
    *Sometimes I let little things get to my head more than they should
    *Sometimes I let others (mostly elders) almost convince me that I want to do something I don't actually want to do or don't believe in.
    *Math. I can't do math, and it was the most stressful thing on earth because I thought for a long time math was superimportant. I don't have to do it anymore, but I still suck at it hardcore.

Also, feel free to talk about any weaknesses you've overcome. I'd love to hear about that.

No me digas, che! Array Recoleta's Avatar

*I have a really hard time saying no to people, so then I end up with too much responsibility. (I have been getting better about this though).
    *I can complain about stuff a lot, and sound like a broken record when I feel like people aren't really listening to what I'm saying.
    *When I get really angry or stressed I can become very impatient and blunt, to the point of being tactless
    *I feel like I'm always future-oriented, and I often find myself in the rut of "Right now I just gotta get through this, and afterward I can have fun and relax" (the whole putting off temporary pleasure for long-term gain)...I have been working on this though...I force myself to chill out and goof off daily.
    *I suck at romantic relationships...I think I'm awkward (or maybe I just haven't met the right kind of guy yet?...the kind with patience, but also initiative)

Senior Member Array

1. I have a tendency to solve problems for people close to me when they explain a complication. Sometimes, they simply want me to listen and dispense empathy.

2. I have difficulty appearing natural and comfortable in social situations that I don't have control of.

3. I'm quick to dismiss information that I think I already know.

4. I get visibly irritated when prompted to repeat myself more than twice, in a face to face conversation. Exceptions for elderly, mentally challenged, and children.

veteran attention whore Array Jeffster's Avatar
    7w6 sx
    SEE Fi

I'm clumsy, messy, forgetful of short-term obligations, lose track of time, lose patience way too easily. I have a real hard time relaxing, I'm a total spazz, always have to be moving in some way, I don't ever stop moving, even when I sleep. I can get wrapped up in one activity or one person or one hobby so much that I lose track of nearly everything else. I take things too personally sometimes, and take things as insults even when they're not intended to be. I can be too stubborn and resistant to change. I have trouble concentrating on things that I don't find fun, get distracted easily. Sometimes I can get stuck in regrets, constantly re-thinking how I could have handled a situation better, instead of letting it go and moving on. I can have emotional outbursts and say things I regret because I don't stop and assess a situation long enough before reacting. I can feel hurt when I don't get immediate recognition for things I've done, and come off as "flaky" to some people.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

That damn 'P'!!!

* I'm a coward
    * I can have trouble getting grounded, confident, and calm. I focuse WAAAAAAYYY too much on other people, the vibe, suspicions, hunches, other people, etc.
    * I'm lazy. Very lazy.

That pretty much sums up my major weaknesses. If and when I get a handle on those three things I'll like, be on fiah or something, that's how hot I'll be.

For the moment, I meander.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

My negatives:

* too cold - no showing enough empathy. I think it take me a bit longer to process events and I have to understand them, then I can feel my emotions and be more empathetic.
    * not say the right thing because of my need to understand. When my BIL recently committed suicide the the first words I said to my husband were ' horrible......where did he get a gun from?.'
    * can be blunt with others but not particularly good at taking it
    * go into 'problem solving mode' when all someone wants is to tell me their problems
    * get preoccupied with what I'm doing and have trouble shifting gears
    * start lots of projects that I don't finish
    * have trouble imagining how something will be without actually being there/doing it. I think this is why it's been hard for me to find a good career.

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

only fair since I listed my strengths...

I'm horribly disorganized and rather messy... pointed out when I lived with 2 Js

I'm magnetically attracted to almost any vice and hate myself throughoughly for that (as the sponge could point out let's hear it for an enneagram 7 with a 1 connection!)

I'm irresponsible and let it slide since I tend to charm my way out of bad situations

I could probably be described as a terrible person from a Christian Moral viewpoint, which is the prevailing viewpoint where I am

I'm so blissfully unaware of danger that I do stupidly dangerous things on a regular basis

I'm dreadfully self centered- though I try and hide that fact

I compuslively read any printed material that I run across- even if it's just restraunt menues

I can't spell for the life of me
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Red face

I generally parade mine around the forum

Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

Do you have all day?

I'm not very resilient and I'm insecure. I'm not very good at reading people's body language and I have to really concentrate on basic people skills, like tone of voice. I'm pretty unobservant. I have trouble articulating what I'm actually thinking and I tend to assume people know more than they actually do. I'm messy and I procrastinate a lot. I'm not as calm as people tend to think I am. much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.