User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    Yeah. My main thing is this...swimming pools, with showers, that you can get into for a couple bucks. I know of at least one.

But, gyms? Buy a membership, even get a locker? Most gyms have showers, right?
    Campgrounds?
    Beach showers?

Those all seem like relatively cheap options.

I'm sure I'll think of some more.

I did the nomad thing for a chunk of time when I was younger- had a van I slept in the back of. Cheap gym membership for showers, used laundromats for, well, laundry. Parked overnight in the waaay back of Walmart lots occasionally. Mostly parked in apartment complex parking lots or behind churches overnight (less light/disturbance). Welcome Centers and Park & Ride lots are also typically good spots to sleep if you have them nearby. Worked odd jobs, & left when I hated them. As long as you're safe about it, I think it can be an enriching experience, and perhaps help you along to discover what really drives you. We sometimes box those old passions away- they get buried in life's "obligations." You pare away some of what you truly do not need, and uncover lost treasures you may have never realized you had, or set aside.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Don't forget HP boxes. They come in handy.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

No, definitely wouldn't. Its warm enough where my parents live that it could definitely be done. But, just no. I shower every day and would die after two days of packaged/fast food. Not even an option.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Permabanned

So, tomorrow is D-day. I'll either be doing something drastic tomorrow, or sleeping in my car.
    Should be an interesting day tomorrow. Have no idea where I'll end up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I might do it if it was a van or something roomier. But you may also face issues of parking.... Some places have laws about living out of cars. You have to move it around a lot and not park in the same places too much.

I knew some guy in this evening art class I took who lived out of his VW van (never admitted it; likely for legal reasons). Very much a hippie. He showered at gyms. Book stores & libraries were his living room. He BBQ'd at parks for dinner sometimes. The VW had a pull-out bed and likely a kitchenette - not such a bad deal. It's as if the WORLD was his house & his van just a relatively small bedroom. This was a small city too, so it's not even like it has the freebies other cities may have.

I lived out of a guest rooms and living rooms before...probably a total of 2 years in my life (not at once). All my stuff was in boxes at my parents. It wasn't due to joblessness at the time. I could afford rent, but I just didn't want to at the time. Since I wasn't on my own, the lease-free lifestyle did not feel so free after a bit, and so I locked myself into a year at an apartment to have sweet, sweet isolation once again.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

One of my greatest fears...so no way. "shiver"
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INTP

er.. no.

I don't get why people hate the homeless, but then meh we're not a rational bunch.