User Tag List

First 1234 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

my best friend did this for years. Tent in my back yard for weeks, then off somewhere else. slept on my couch for 6 weeks one time...now he lives in a garage.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I read a darwinawards entry about a reporter that submitted himself to a homeless experience and ended up dying of cold.

Don't be that guy. Take your precautions.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I'm not sure I really understand your situation, but it sounds like you know what you're doing well enough. Essentially all you really need is a place to sleep at night. Everything else can be taken care of at public facilities. I did it for a couple nights on a roadtrip and was uncomfortable but totally fine.
    yeah, i've been homeless before...for a couple weeks. gave in and went to my mom's house...then went and finished the degree, and now i'm back here.

but my mom raised us all on her own, she doesn't need me burdening her...i'm a man, if i can't take care of myself...then maybe i should die? it's evolution, after all..

i'll make it back...i mean, i expect to.

i love libraries...you can spend the whole day there and never get bored.

it's sad you'll never read all that has been written. that's what keeps me up at night...

lol

i expect to learn what i want. i'm tired of not knowing. i'm just forcing myself to know what i need.

the cold...will be the hardest part. i'll buy loads of blankets.

MBTI
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    i expect to learn what i want. i'm tired of not knowing. i'm just forcing myself to know what i need.
    Well, you should certainly find out if a comfortable place to live is among your wants. I'm going to predict you will conclude "yes" before too long. We shall see.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah, i've been homeless before...for a couple weeks. gave in and went to my mom's house...then went and finished the degree, and now i'm back here.

but my mom raised us all on her own, she doesn't need me burdening her...i'm a man, if i can't take care of myself...then maybe i should die? it's evolution, after all..

i'll make it back...i mean, i expect to.

i love libraries...you can spend the whole day there and never get bored.

it's sad you'll never read all that has been written. that's what keeps me up at night...

lol

the cold...will be the hardest part. i'll buy loads of blankets.
    could you just drive somewhere warm? or are you tied to the city?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

I mean I've gotten pissed before and said I'm gonna go live on the beach and had this elaborate plan of packing a suitcase and just leaving, but I don't think I'd ever actually do that.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

This is the dumbest thread I have ever seen.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Winds of Thor View Post
    This is the dumbest thread I have ever seen.
    you sure about that? I mean maybe the actions that the OP is going to take might not be wise, but content wise it's not the dumbest. I say this cuz I've made some pretty retarded threads

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    you sure about that? I mean maybe the actions that the OP is going to take might not be wise, but content wise it's not the dumbest. I say this cuz I've made some pretty retarded threads
    Yea Uhh, it goes into the same range of dumb that any of these people chose to do when they decided to do these things too! Some graphic btw.

This is why you don't wear loose clothing while working with an industrial lathe.
    http://m.imgur.com/lKqwplM

Snowboard jump crash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk8ZU...e_gdata_player

Paraglider Takeoff GoneWrong
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZtdM...e_gdata_player

Downhill Longboard Hits Guard Rail
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlUQe...e_gdata_player

Kite Surfing Gone Wrong
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR9US...e_gdata_player
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Because, come next week...I am.

Well, just living out of my car.

I had two jobs...will still have one...and I finished my degree some time ago...it's neat, actually, while I won't be working...I'll be 'employed'. So, I don't really lose out on experience to employers. Just letting the experience build itself, at this point. Same with my 'non-business' business. I've been running a business for the last three years now...never mind the fact that I've done absolutely nothing. But, if and when I decide to rejoin expected society...I'll just say I was working on my business while working part time. 3 years entrepreneurial experience, a couple years working experience, an internship even and a degree. I should be hireable, even if I am homeless. It'll be a matter of cleaning myself up and interviewing until something breaks. And the more I wait, the more experience I get.

Still, I'm lost in the world, paralyzed with indecision, on the verge of insanity it seems sometimes...so I'll go find myself, my sanity...something that will make me happy. If I'm so unhappy so as to be ok with potentially starving...well, I guess I'll potentially starve if it may then mean I might be potentially happy. You know?

Would you?

Tips, or advice?
    Sounds like treading water.

Is your "non business" business ever going to turn into something tangible?

Why are you focusing on part time employment? (resume` issues, personal flexibility etc.) I would highly recommend one full time job.

It sounds like you have been sacrificing real opportunity to continue to work on your side business. If that side business isn't liable to ever pay you back for the effort you've been putting into it, I would recommend putting it on the back burner and trying to find one full time job.

Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years? If you see yourself still working multiple part time jobs with not much to show for it, then certainly keep doing what you're doing.

If on the other hand you want a little bit more stability I recommend getting off the fence and getting serious about full time employment.