Thread: Haters

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Are you a hater?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Are you a hater?
    More of a shit-talker than a hater, but probably.

The issue I have with the OP, and overuse of that word in general, is that I don't think haters only hate on successful people or people they're jealous of. Some, but there's also a higher percentage of assholes/attention whores among successful people. Thus, haters.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    More of a shit-talker than a hater, but probably.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    What bothers me more now is that I may have grown up to be an actual useless person. Now there's something to lose sleep over.
    Agreed. No I don't encounter too many haters. If they exist I'm not aware of it and I wouldn't care if I was. I know what I'm good at and I know the people who work in my field who suck at it. I don't hate them either but they still suck at it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    This is also why I kind of hate The Big Bang Theory. I feel like has too much of a hater's perception towards people like Sheldon. Sheldon makes an incredible contribution to society, and he is "the goofy nerd". Wow, how respectful our society feels about scientists. Howard is basically an astronaut, which is insanely awesome, but his stereotype to fill is more along the lines of "creepy little nerd who lives in mom's basement." What a great impression to make on school kids, BBT. Smart people are social rejects.
    Agreed. It also has serious inconsistencies and even technical errors, but that is another matter. Hate is an emotional response. Either we feel it toward something, whether justified or not, or we don't. I'm more concerned about how we evaluate these entities rationally, and ultimately act toward them.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ESTP

So true, haters often do it because some only do it to cover up the fact that they fear having an audience if they showed independence of thought so their first instinct is hey, if I throw someone else under the proverbial bus, I'll look cool no matter what I do and someone else will take the fall for my weaknesses. Actually I decided that I'm quitting the forum for good because I see a lot of positive topics, but then there are lots that are like does such and such type exhibit this or that trait and it can make you paranoid that you'll be ostracized for your type, or ostracized if you don't agree with some random person in a topic.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Sorry for not reading the entire thread, but I think people who hate others for achieving help prove a point I've been considering. I think that competition may be constructively channeled anger/rage. I've always struggled to understand it from a rational point of view, why would someone focus on an outcome rather than just try to understand the true nature of self and others. The anger theory makes a lot of sense because it provides motivation to one-up others.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Sorry for not reading the entire thread, but I think people who hate others for achieving help prove a point I've been considering. I think that competition may be constructively channeled anger/rage. I've always struggled to understand it from a rational point of view, why would someone focus on an outcome rather than just try to understand the true nature of self and others. The anger theory makes a lot of sense because it provides motivation to one-up others.
    That would explain it neatly for me.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]