User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Haters

WhoCares

Yes well. I was mistaken by thinking this was just my mother, its pretty widespread actually. I got my first full taste of it by becoming part of 'management' at work. I had no idea that everyone would now rally around the general cause of you being the enemy. How naieve I was to think I would be judged by my actual deeds, rather than tarred with a somewhat broad brush.

Now I realise judging people is just the most popular hobby on the planet I kind of take it for a given and worry less about it. What bothers me more now is that I may have grown up to be an actual useless person. Now there's something to lose sleep over.

Stansmith

I'll stop.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Hater and loser are usually interconnected attributes.

Ironically, many haters end up making the hated person even more popular, because they can't just keep it to themselves - they'll visit a number of videos on youtube just to express how much that sucks. Meanwhile, the hated person profits.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    First of all my favorite show is The Big Bang Theory. I feel normal when Sheldon's talking.

Second of all...I knew about this when I was younger.

I was an outcast in high school cause I cared. "Cool" kids don't care. (But they really do care, they just don't show they care. Cause showing that they care would make them feel vulnerable. Nobody likes that feeling.)

I used to be angered by this. Still am but not as much, I have come to peace with it, and feel sorry for those dopes now. I still don't associate with people that don't care. They're shitty. And need to take look at their shadows. I feel bad for them cause they'll always be miserable in life cause they wont ever deal with any of their shadows.

Also I am pretty confident that this problem is solving itself naturally....or I'm just a blind optimist. Either one is good for me.

I think it's being solved, because I am seeing more and more people that are the types of kids that were picked last in gym or what not. And these people are growing up and will someday be adults that will teach their kids better. I really think it's a generation thing. Just my opinion I guess.
    Admittedly I have a love-hate relationship with BBT. Sheldon is truly funny and I also feel he is right most of the time.

I feel sorry for haters too a lot of the time because they are miserable. I also think things are getting better, though. Still a long way from perfect, but as the world grows so does our diversity and ways of communicating about it. And I do think people tend to live their lives with the belief "what happened to me won't happen to my kids." That is a driving force for change.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    Yes well. I was mistaken by thinking this was just my mother, its pretty widespread actually. I got my first full taste of it by becoming part of 'management' at work. I had no idea that everyone would now rally around the general cause of you being the enemy. How naieve I was to think I would be judged by my actual deeds, rather than tarred with a somewhat broad brush.

Now I realise judging people is just the most popular hobby on the planet I kind of take it for a given and worry less about it. What bothers me more now is that I may have grown up to be an actual useless person. Now there's something to lose sleep over.
    I worry about that too. Teaching wasn't my thing--it just wasn't. Now that I don't have a job I am stuck at home all the time. I still want to lead and contribute, but I can't find the opportunity that seems to fit who I am. I'm gambling that I'm going to find that opportunity, though. If I didn't believe this, I would go out and find myself a job. For now, I think the best thing for me is to stop and take inventory of life and the world and figure out where I stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Hater and loser are usually interconnected attributes.

Ironically, many haters end up making the hated person even more popular, because they can't just keep it to themselves - they'll visit a number of videos on youtube just to express how much that sucks. Meanwhile, the hated person profits.
    Yeah, and that's how Miley Cyrus is so popular. If everyone weren't talking about her twerking Robin Thicke, who would care? Plus, kids are attracted to what is prohibited of them like it's the forbidden fruit. There's definitely a way to profit off this, if done correctly.

I wonder if people aren't just hiding a craving for that sort of thing when they say they hate it, though. It's the kind of thing people love to hate. After all, it wouldn't really be appropriate for a grown parent to daftly go around singing Miley Cyrus's praise. So many times do we mean the opposite of what we say... it's confusing as hell to live in this world.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    Sometimes people have "haters" because they genuinely suck though.
    Stop looking in my diary!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Stop looking in my diary!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

I learned this a long time ago...there will always be people who will hate you...applies to everything...everything you do, say, and represent...and some people will go as far as to kill you for it...simply for your own philosophy...

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I pretty much assume this is what is happening whenever anyone dismisses me (or anyone else for that matter) as pretentious. It's not always true, but it's a good rule of thumb.

And what you described as why I could never go into teaching grade school. I'd probably insult them and then get fired. Instead, I guess I'd be asked to pretend that I didn't know that was what was going on.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

"Hater" has become a throwaway word to describe anyone who dislikes or disagrees with something.