User Tag List

First 1234 Last

When I was kid at my old house I envisioned myself digging a tunnel from the flower bed in my back yard which would extend through the Earth's core and come out the other side. I think I got about 30cm (12 inches) down before I went off and did something else. I think I was digging for no more than 30 minutes. Had I persisted I could have achieved something. Story of my life in fact.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Web design, piano, guitar, horseback riding (although I only did it at summer camp anyway so haven't had the opportunity)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I started taking classes in Kathak (a traditional Indian dance) when I was 11, stayed with it for a while, and then left it during my high school years. It wasn't because I was no longer interested in the art form, but because halfway through that period I had gotten a new teacher - and she was terrible! She would get frustrated with every mistake that I'd make during class, plus she was so arrogant! I would sometimes feel like this (which is rare for me nowadays):
    I couldn't handle all that, and soon after I completed my 4th year exam I made the decision to leave.

If I had continued learning, however, then maybe I would've learned so much more about how to add more expression and make my movements less "stiff". At least the lessons I learned weren't in vain, though - I have developed a good sense of rhythm, which I use to my full advantage when singing. Plus, I still have Pt. Birju Maharaj's autograph from one of the two workshops I had attended (for those of you who don't know him, he's among the most renowned Kathak dancers in the world).
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I tend to wonder if it's MBTI that derailed me from the passions I once had? Anyone relate?

Okay, so maybe it isn't the only factor, but I'm pretty sure it didn't help...

WhoCares

Tipi building. Its the only thing I didnt pursue to its natural conclusion.

Soccer. My main sport is somewhat obscure in this country.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

What's your main sport, @gromit?

I wish I'd stuck with piano and maybe branched out to some other instruments. I wish I hadn't been such a Daria Morgendorffer when it came to sports/PE in school. I wish I hadn't quit roller derby.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    What's your main sport, @gromit?

I wish I'd stuck with piano and maybe branched out to some other instruments. I wish I hadn't been such a Daria Morgendorffer when it came to sports/PE in school. I wish I hadn't quit roller derby.
    hehe, i was the same way.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Clarinet.

And for a brief period I wanted to be a veterinary surgeon....got as far as the local college for animal stuffs, of course it wasn't called that, but then I didn't like the look of it after the open day.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I always wanted to dance but I was clumsy.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison