User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default what are you having/had for Christmas dinner?

I love talking about food more then I like eating it, anyways

We're having ham,green bean casserole, scallop potatoes spoon bread cranberry jello.salad, scallop potatoes, and sweet potatoes

Oh and my dad got an ice cream maker for Christmas so we might be making ice cream later.

MBTI
    ENTp

My family always used to have Christmas breakfast with eggs, bacon, the whole shabang. Ever since my grandpa died, though, we stopped doing it. My grandma doesn't like preparing breakfast. So now, we eat Papa Murphy's pizza as an early lunch.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Made blueberry pancakes & spent most of the day cuddling/watching cartoons (& some Red Dwarf) in bed.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Cream of mushroom soup.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

I ate a lot of sweet potatoes tonight. Definitely need to hit the treadmill before bed.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

We had ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, wilted lettuce salad(not like it sounds) cranberry sauce, rolls and for dessert we had peanut butter pie, dutch apple pie and lemon meringue pie. I kept it pretty simple this year. Oh, and lest I forget, my son's awesome baked beans.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

We had potroast, turkey breast, pork loin, coleslaw, rolls, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, stuffed celery, mac & cheese, key lime pie, pumpkin pie, and some kind of crazy orange dreamsicle cake.

OMG I made the mistake of asking my aunt how she made the green bean casserole. I wish I hadn't. I just kept getting a little more nauseated with every word of it. First you butter the pan. Then you put in a big can of french cut green beans. Then TWO CANS of cream of mushroom soup. TWO CANS. Then another can of green beans. Then TWO MORE CANS of soup, this time cream of celery. That's very important. Then a buttload of cheese and a whole can of those onion thingies. Bake for an hour and then you die of a heart attack from something that started out as a vegetable.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I had a scheduling mix-up and invited people over then was reminded my husband wasn't going to available to make the Christmas lasagna. Had to search the freezer for something.

Ended up making a pork roast (with bacon). Mom brought over green bean casserole (not as elaborate a version as @ describes). Found a box of Red Lobster cheddar biscuit mix, which my mom made. And we had a couple of cake mixes and some pineapple, so I made pineapple upside down cake. It was all pretty good.

Hubby will make the Christmas lasagna this weekend.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Turkey, stuffing, roasted vegetables, green beans, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin cake. Yes, basically the same as we eat at Thanksgiving. We like turkey, and make many tasty meals from the leftovers.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Pre-ordered a turkey dinner: http://www.hotelblackfoot.com/media/...eaDeal2013.pdf

Traditionally my grandma would have made a dinner but she's getting older (she'll be 78 in a couple weeks) and in fact she's in hospital right now. Ordering a dinner has become a new Christmas tradition (last year we had Chinese ).

I don't think anyone in the family is really up for the hassle of making a full meal anymore. It's just such a pain in the ass... This way there's basically no prep work at all and clean-up is very easy.