User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    TiNi
    Enneagram
    5 sp/so

Assuming I met him/her somehow:

I think it would depend excessively greatly on the context of how we met. I could see myself as being either extremely threatened by my clone (we both occupy the same niche in life, "there can only be one," what if she takes over my spot, etc.) but also feeling the desire to connect and join forces and explore the multiplayer parts of life/society that had been 'off limits' to me due to lack of a friend group whose thinking was more similar to my own. I definitely project in this case, since it's my clone: if I think s/he is a threat, isn't it likely that s/he feels the same way about me? Thus there is no way for me to be able to trust the other person, no matter how desperately I wish I could.

If they are a clone in every way (including gender, hobbies, interests, personality etc.) then that is the scenario in which I would be the least likely to get along with them. Of course, that would also be the scenario where I would most likely meet a clone in the first place. A clone with similar thought process but different/adjacent interests would still invoke the same anxiety and threatened feelings, but it wouldn't be overt and would possibly be manageable enough for me to consider them a 'frenemy.'

Most crucially there would need to be some believable reason for good will at the initial meeting. If our goals aligned and we had a reason to cooperate then great things could happen. If not.. then we'll hate each other. Hissing behind bars, wishing the other person would go away (but.. not actually doing anything to make them go away..). Just being miserable and further retreating into myself and pursuing competence in a mutual field in the hopes that I can one-up the clone enough for them to give up and go away, or at least alter their area of focus so that we're not stepping on each other's toes. In the latter case I think things would then settle into an uneasy truce of mutual respect.

Being both distant and quiet people I would find it incredibly hard to approach/speak to my clone, especially with so many fears just beneath the surface.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Had a conversation about this at work today, and someone else's idea that I liked would be to collaborate with the clone on projects so you'd only have to do half as much work.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
    Had a conversation about this at work today, and someone else's idea that I liked would be to collaborate with the clone on projects so you'd only have to do half as much work.
    this is a pretty common scenerio when clones come into the picture.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ

Yeah I'd defs be friends with him, that would be awesome. Would have mad conversations. Beats having conversations in my head.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    I dated my clone. For anyone who doesn't believe me I have photos to prove it. Every nuance of our body language and posture was identical, along with our overall outfit and hair. We were exactly alike inside and out. Our favorite bands were identical along with our favorite album and song by that band. We could read each other's mind musically and when we improvised it sounded like we practiced that song together for years. Even before we met, people mistook us on the street for one another despite that he's male and I'm female, and he's 5'10 and I'm 5'4. It was crazy.

He completely shattered my world, turned me inside out. I am not the same person I was before, though I am much more similar to the person I was born to be, who I was originally before a lot of trauma had lead me away from myself. At the same time, he broke me into a billion pieces. The phoenix burst and was reborn.

The thought of going through this again is utterly terrifying, but I keep coming back to it because something about it is compelling. I used to dream of meeting someone like him. "When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed" says Marilyn Manson. He was a clone of my ideal to the point where friends, and even my parents, saw him walking on the street and texted me "I saw a guy who is exactly your type in town" and I wrote "I know, I saw him already." Having an experience like this, proves that what you think you want is not always what you believe it will be. What you think you want is not always what you need. At that time, meeting him was exactly what I needed because I was traumatized, in a dark place, had lost myself, and needed that mirror to remind me who I was. But after going through that and being so jealous that he was "more me than me" and tormenting myself so badly, I realize that it wasn't what I imagined it would be if I met someone like that. The things that happened were profound, but nothing like I imagined in my fantasies. You never really know what you will do in a situation until it happens and you do it.

So all that being said. If I had met that clone but she were female I would probably hate her. Either we would form a band togetheR (since I always wish I had four hands to play two instruments at once) or we would destroy each other, or both. I can't imagine being more competitive with anyone than someone just like me. There is still a small part of me that would enjoy it however.. because I would be understood. I just think two of me would have a hard time being on the same team without wanting to kill each other and compete for everything.
    Interesting psychoanalysis
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes Animal liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Yes. Best friends. It would get boring after a while because she'd be predictable as hell, because, you know, we're the same person.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by lil_Red View Post
    Yes. Best friends. It would get boring after a while because she'd be predictable as hell, because, you know, we're the same person.
    i'm you i'm your clone we didn't want to tell you, but we think it's time you know
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i'm you i'm your clone we didn't want to tell you, but we think it's time you know
    Oh boy. So you really know everything about me?

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by lil_Red View Post
    Oh boy. So you really know everything about me?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Shit. Ah well, you're my clone. It's not like you'd tell anyone......Right?