Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    The brain is the sexiest organ in the human body. It's what one does with it that is interesting - not a number.
    Big, bigger, biggest, never let it shrink, until your big is bigger, and your bigger is biggest

My brains do that, and it's a pretty dang big number.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    People's IQs have been proven to fluctuate as well, especially around adolescence and childhood (where hilariously they test us in schools). It's been proven that everyone's IQ fluctuates about 30 points or more in most people's lifetimes.

I'm completely against IQ, for it doesn't accurately measure g (especially in your case if you only tested 114, for when I first read your threads I thought more along the lines of genius level understanding), but it is a fun little test to see how well you can find patterns and solve some ridiculous problems that you would never encounter in real life.
    The question of what constitutes true intelligence or IQ is more complicated than most enthusiasts of IQ tests presume. Not only laymen, but also public policy often make unwarranted assumptions about IQ testing, and the American Psychological Association was compelled to issue a publication summarizing the essential findings on this concept. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...58187178,d.cWc

While it is possible that one's IQ scores can fluctuate by 30 points, it is far from clear if the intellectual abilities IQ tests evaluate constitute general intelligence.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    yupp

iq-103
    left-49
    right-34

Your IQ Score puts you in the Average range of intelligence (90 - 110). The vast majority of people fall in this range and you are perfectly normal. You have poor memory skills and are not able to memorise and recall more than a few items at a time. Practising memory games will help to significantly boost your memory ability and enhance your intelligence score, however you have good word comprehension skills and perform well at language based tasks such as writing an article or understanding written works.

As a moderately non creative individual you will not do well at tasks that require creativity. You should focus some energy on increasing your creativity through brainstorming and exposing yourself to new situations. This will assist you in coming up with ne
    new ideas or finding better ways to solve existing problems.

meh it used to be higher I swear, maybe I've caught stupidity. I dunno

Glycerine

I would say that my iQ is pretty close to average but I am able to grasp things fairly well. Most people who say I am highly intelligent are typically the people who exaggerate things or want things from me.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    The question of what constitutes true intelligence or IQ is more complicated than most enthusiasts of IQ tests presume. Not only laymen, but also public policy often make unwarranted assumptions about IQ testing, and the American Psychological Association was compelled to issue a publication summarizing the essential findings on this concept. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...58187178,d.cWc

While it is possible that one's IQ scores can fluctuate by 30 points, it is far from clear if the intellectual abilities IQ tests evaluate constitute general intelligence.
    Yeah, my quote was to show how unreliable it really is. I even mentioned that it doesn't accurately measure general intelligence (g) in that statement. It has been proven that IQ fluctuates, but it is thought that true g doesn't.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

What's your iQ?
    Enough.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    We did an experiment at INTPc where we administered an actual IQ test to all the folks that professed to have high IQs. Guess what? 95% of them were wrong.
    heh. I remember that.

There was no joy in Mudville that day.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

You have superb spatial relations abilities that give you a huge advantage when undertaking such activities as estimating space or parking a car.
    I found this to be particularly true for me. Other than that, I found the creative test to be very hard since english isn't my main language. I only scored 34 on that one. Apparantly I'm not creative.
    The spatial thingy was a bit annoying as well, I didn't get to do the last one due to time spent clearing and redoing lines that messed up. But only one drawing so should be close enough to home. :P

IQ 149
    Left 74
    Right 60

Left brain logic highest, 88
    right brain visual designs highest, 89

I took an official IQ test once when I was 18 and had 142 back then. But I never gave IQ tests much stock, or rather find the relation to intelligence dubious.

Intelligence quotient my ass, it should be "intuitive quotient". :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    We did an experiment at INTPc where we administered an actual IQ test to all the folks that professed to have high IQs. Guess what? 95% of them were wrong.
    Can we do that here. Some of the smart people don't seem as intelligent as they claim. I'm no genius so the fact I pick up on that means something.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

My IQ is like a million

You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.