Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
What are your thoughts?

so... which equality are we going for?
do we want men issues to be acknowledged & placed on the big stage, the various ways in which we are psychologically shaped and victimized by society probed and investigated and asking for your open political support / create them if we don't have them (which we totally don't btw - and anyone who tells you otherwise isn't a real man!), or...
do we want women to stop being psychologically abused by society in ways which are destructive to their esteem, expectations and sense of identity / encouraged towards a collective victim mentality (presumably a collective decision started from their conspiracy headquarters and/or the estrogen activated whiny-trigger gene discovered in imaginationland)...

my wager is option C: neither. instead we'll end up giving women the equivalent social pressures against openly admitting to having any such issues in the first place that men currently have. why you ask, or didn't ask and are just compelled to read... why...
  • ...maybe because mothers and role models currently learning their life's lessons through positions of power and responsibility within our generation might find value in teaching their daughters a sense of responsibility and self-ownership a lot more important than telling them how pretty, thus shifting female self esteem from what you are to what you can do, and changing the idea of femininity thought of by the fathers who grow up dating those daughters, etc...
  • ...maybe because the need for feminism will be a somewhat laughable pill when more women then men will have the basic academic requirements for higher paying jobs, as seems to be the current trend according to that tedtalk a few years ago that i am way too tired to look for.
  • ...maybe, if for no better reason, because there are billions of dollars going into researching as many ways to give women the ability to look hotter if they happen to be successful enough to afford it.. and no matter how hot you think you are, you are going to be butt ugly when the female entrepreneur gets the real life photoshop treatment (an Aeon flux hips and anime eyes and sweat glands that smell like perfume and that glow in the dark gene we'll think is sexy in 30 years... glow for me baby... glow! brighter! make my wood photosynthesize!). how about that for equality? men ending up looking for what might essentially become signs of more successful women...
  • ...and also because it worked with pants, and voting... but mostly pants (which was stupid btw. we could have had the option of man-toga's. and i don't mean hippy toga's, i mean cool toga's, like business suit toga's! where are our mandresses toga's?!).