http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    No, they're really butt ugly.
    My thing is, fine, you want a hunk? You appreciate X physical quality? Makes sense to me, we want what we want, whatever makes you happy, but at least have the "balls" to own it and call it like it is.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

No, they're really butt ugly.
    I've learned from my female acquaintances that there are really a lot of losers on OKcupid.

On the other hand, I do genuinely think women on OKcupid have extremely high standards.

I think somehow the environment of a dating site strongly exaggerates gender norms and stereotypes.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    My thing is, fine, you want a hunk? You appreciate X physical quality? Makes sense to me, we want what we want, whatever makes you happy, but at least have the "balls" to own it and call it like it is.
    Everyone is attracted to a certain type physically and, by the same token, turned off by certain things physically. You're not less of a decent person for being human. I'd never tell them that they're ugly though because one, that's just useless cruelty and two, my ugly is most assuredly someone else's nummynumnum.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I've learned from my female acquaintances that there are really a lot of losers on OKcupid.

On the other hand, I do genuinely think women on OKcupid have extremely high standards.

I think somehow the environment of a dating site strongly exaggerates gender norms and stereotypes.
    Yeah, I imagine females are judged more harshly there too for the same reason. It's different than in real life where you have a back and forth with someone and have chemistry to judge with as well. The pictures end up having to pick up the slack for lack of that and a lot more hangs on them because of it.

I deliberately went through profiles with that in mind too, and if I hadn't, I wouldn't have found my present boyfriend. His profile pics were horrid. Like he was daring someone to date him.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

I think online dating groups are different than non ones, agreed. I mean if you're hot looking, do you really need "help" in finding a date? Really? That would make the men and women "equal" in this regards. Why then the difference? Expectations.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

I chose online dating because I wanted an introvert. Hard to find those in the wild.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

I chose online dating because I wanted an introvert. Hard to find those in the wild.
    *nod* I've considered it myself as well, eehh (ambivalent and not really in a hurry). Hidden expectations tend to annoy me, which btw, causes me to really really appreciate people who are honest/sincere/authentic. Go figure!

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I joined when I was 17. I lied about my age. I did it in part because I am an introvert. But I also did it for the very naive reason that I hated the way people played elaborate games to meet people and court one another, and I thought the way dating sites worked cut to the chase. Looks like a pretty silly thing to believe now. People play just as many if not more games on dating sites.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    *nod* I've considered it myself as well, eehh (ambivalent and not really in a hurry). Hidden expectations tend to annoy me, which btw, causes me to really really appreciate people who are honest/sincere/authentic. Go figure!
    I feel you. I really do.

I just can't do the whole bar scene. Fakest, worst place to find what I need in a person. And, waiting for someone to set me up with the right guy wasn't working either. I'm too private about what I want and sometimes you just don't know until you meet them.

Oh, and now I find out that a HUGE percentage are using these apps that change how you look. Like plastic surgery apps that are so good you can't tell! Ugh, people.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    ENTP

I joined when I was 17. I lied about my age. I did it in part because I am an introvert. But I also did it for the very naive reason that I hated the way people played elaborate games to meet people and court one another, and I thought the way dating sites worked cut to the chase. Looks like a pretty silly thing to believe now. People play just as many if not more games on dating sites.
    People are people everywhere. Bastards.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery