User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

"You're perceptive for a man." I've heard this more than once.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    What is the most memorable compliment you've ever received?
    This is a great topic, and I'm glad you created a post about it as it brings back fond memories.
    The most memorable compliment I've ever received is from my friend J.T.
    In 1999 my wife and I were at a night club; it was a weekend where everyone we knew in town was going out, and many friends from out of town were back and doing the same.
    There was really no way to pre-determine a rendezvous point; the dance floor was liquid - people moved in waves as the D.J.'s set perpetually evolved; and the bar was a cheerful riot zone at it's calmest moment. You simply had to show up, and somehow bump into people to meet up with them to enjoy each others' company for the evening.
    Well, my wife and I got there before most everyone else. We hit the bar; my best friend Mark was working the bar that night so we had super-size cocktails that we were able to nurture on the dance floor while we waited to bump into everyone else.
    After about half and hour, I saw a few people I knew and started chatting with them on the dance floor. In no more than a few minutes I had them gathered up while telling some silly story in my usual very animated way of communicating. Once I hit the punchline my friends had this hysterical look of shock/mirth/disbelief on their faces that casued me to bellow out in laughter.
    Then out of nowhere, out of the fog cloud of hypnotic tunes, my friend J.T., grabbed my shoulder and spun me around yelling "Surprise!!!!" - and within a few seconds more about half a dozen of all the people we wished to see most that evening were right there in front of us.
    I was elated. I grabbed J.T. and gave him a massive ESTP bear hug and said "How did you find us, Bro?!" - and he said: "Alex, your voice, and your laughter is a beacon of joy - when we walked in here the first thing we heard over the music was you, and we knew exactly where you were, and now we're all together. Thank you for that."

Many times in my life I've been told to quiet down, that I'm too loud, that I need to contain myself - it was that evening that I was able to cast all that non-sense aside and be at peace with my gregarious nature, and the volume of my ways.

-Halla74
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

"You want to go to the senior prom with me?" <------ one of the hottest girls in high school asked me. Only problem was that she asked me in front of the whole class. Me being the shy guy couldn't say anything, lol. Wonder what would of happened if I'd say yes. I think I mentioned this in another thread about being more nuanced about asking people out.

Felt like both a compliment and a confidence booster... it was one of the most memorable things that occurred in high school so many years back. Sort of like, you never know who seems to take a liking to you when you aren't even looking at them.

You're so reasonable, you're like an anchor for other people.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

Glycerine

"Your unique experiences and your mind will come together to create something beautiful."

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

One of my friends told me I'm one of the few people she can be completely honest with. (I don't believe that she's 100% honest with me, but that comment meant a lot to me.)

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    This is a great topic, and I'm glad you created a post about it as it brings back fond memories.
    The most memorable compliment I've ever received is from my friend J.T.
    In 1999 my wife and I were at a night club; it was a weekend where everyone we knew in town was going out, and many friends from out of town were back and doing the same.
    There was really no way to pre-determine a rendezvous point; the dance floor was liquid - people moved in waves as the D.J.'s set perpetually evolved; and the bar was a cheerful riot zone at it's calmest moment. You simply had to show up, and somehow bump into people to meet up with them to enjoy each others' company for the evening.
    Well, my wife and I got there before most everyone else. We hit the bar; my best friend Mark was working the bar that night so we had super-size cocktails that we were able to nurture on the dance floor while we waited to bump into everyone else.
    After about half and hour, I saw a few people I knew and started chatting with them on the dance floor. In no more than a few minutes I had them gathered up while telling some silly story in my usual very animated way of communicating. Once I hit the punchline my friends had this hysterical look of shock/mirth/disbelief on their faces that casued me to bellow out in laughter.
    Then out of nowhere, out of the fog cloud of hypnotic tunes, my friend J.T., grabbed my shoulder and spun me around yelling "Surprise!!!!" - and within a few seconds more about half a dozen of all the people we wished to see most that evening were right there in front of us.
    I was elated. I grabbed J.T. and gave him a massive ESTP bear hug and said "How did you find us, Bro?!" - and he said: "Alex, your voice, and your laughter is a beacon of joy - when we walked in here the first thing we heard over the music was you, and we knew exactly where you were, and now we're all together. Thank you for that."

Many times in my life I've been told to quiet down, that I'm too loud, that I need to contain myself - it was that evening that I was able to cast all that non-sense aside and be at peace with my gregarious nature, and the volume of my ways.

-Halla74
    Thanks for reviving this thread, Halla!

Yes. The reason I created this thread was because the best compliments validate aspects of ourselves that go unvalidated or unnoticed. Amazing story!

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Default Wise entp

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    @Honor - You could say that. I'm not a professional or anything. But I can't dance at parties. Other people find this hilarious, but it really is completely different than what I'd normally do.
    The subject has been analysed some month ago, but I felt like answering.

The best compliment for me was : "You are very wise".

Most of the time I am wise but... I rather seem crazy, so people can think I'm odd, rebellious, and unconventional.

And I love playing with those two sides within myself.

People who help me with my sometimes hidden wisedom are INTJ/INTP.

Most of my best friends are INTJ.
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sp/sx

When I was in a hotel room with my gf and we planned to go get breakfast but she said to me: "I would rather stay here with you"

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    864 sx/so

My mom said I was wise. I'm not, but it felt really good.

She also tells me from time to time that I remind her of her dad. He died over a decade ago, and she's still grieving the loss. She loved him more than anyone for most of her life. The idea that I remind her of him is bittersweet and gratifying. I also like it because my grandpa was laid-back and cool. He never asked me the familiar questions like "How are you doing in school?" and he didn't take part in family drama or gossiping. At get-togethers, he wasn't obnoxiously loud and drunk like most of my mom's family. He engaged with me on a level of silliness and cleverness that no other adult did. In all of my extended family, there's no one I'd rather be compared with.