Thread: Children

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Default Children

Are you good with children? Do you like them? Do they like you? Do you want children?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm generally very good with children.

I like many of them, but do not want to exert energy caring for them.

They usually like me.

I wanted children. I had children. I don't want any more children, but grandchildren sound like fun if my kids are someday so inclined.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm very good with them but I have a lot of experience.
    I usually do like them but I don't know that I would have the energy for little ones all the time anymore.
    They do like me but they are far more drawn to my husband or my grown sons.
    I have them. I'm looking forward to grandchildren at this stage of my life, no rush though.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

- I am definitely getting better with children, used to feel quite awkward. But, I volunteer at a children's hospital twice a week so I would like to think I do okay with them.

- I generally like them. I have a very hard time with kids who have been raised by permissive parents though.

- In general, yes. Although, if there is someone more animated and less inhibited present they tend to flock to them instead.

- Maybe. I'm only 21, have lots of time to make this decision. I am quite good at "mothering," so I will probably end up with children. Even though the idea of being responsible for a tiny human is absolutely terrifying.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I've raised three of them to high school and/or beyond.

I wouldn't say I'm brilliant with kids, mostly because of the introversion. They draw a lot of energy out of me, depending on age. Kids don't dislike me, but I'm not a child magnet.

I'm sufficiently aware of their needs, at least, to care for them adequately and keep them on a schedule and hold life together. Where I'm better is that I'm flexible and like to let them explore, while monitoring what is going on. I enjoy watching them learn about life, and I enjoy sharing ideas with them to see what they do with them. My kids also think I'm funny, and we have a lot of fun together. They know they can bring anything to me and I won't dismiss it out of hand, I'll be interested in what they're thinking and explore it with them.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

i don't want kids...not really.
    but i usually like them. i like teenagers, which is odd because i had a shitty time in HS myself.
    Last edited by Stanton Moore; 12-05-2013 at 11:36 AM.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Are you good with children? Do you like them? Do they like you? Do you want children?
    Hmm, I'm very empathic, and I've found that kids can tell instinctively that you're nice. When I volunteered at an elementary school in college, some of the kids would run around the playground screaming with the other kids and other kids would cling to me tightly. I think they usually like me. I'm not one of those strict disciplinarian types of adults, and I'm not an overly serious person.

Yup, a couple of kids would be great someday if I'm lucky enough.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm good enough with them. I remember what it's like to be a child, too.

They're okay. I do not want anymore and if I had been in a better frame of mind, I wouldn't have had any at all (I certainly do not wish mine away though). They are a massive drain on creative energy and that's pretty painful.

My kids and nephew like me because I listen and take what they say seriously. My nieces respect me more than like me. I don't draw children to me.

I have four.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm a child photographer and spend my days playing with them...it's a lot of fun.

it requires a lot of coffee tho.

i have two and might one day have another.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I like dogs and children so naturally dogs and children like me.

Of course it is a terrible thing to say but dogs and children have some similarity: they like order, and they like to be understood, and they love attention. In fact dogs and children are a bit like me.