User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default have you ever been in a fight (physical)

if so what was the out come? if not why not?

no one besides my brother(he doesn't count) has ever hit me or physically harmes me. I'm grateful, but there's been times where I've gotten in someone's face and kept verbally pushing their buttons and they say if you don't back off I'm going to fuck you up. but I keep going I'm surprised that I've never been beat up.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Yeah, I've been in a fight a couple of times. I am heavily resistant to intimidation (this means that I will shout at you: I will not do what you tell me!) and to any kind of verbal pushiness. Thus I often end up getting on the nerves of ESTJs and ESTPs, which are typically the kind of people who will easily start a physical fight. However, I'm also known by the "general populace" as an innocuous, intellectual and fun loving guy, so people try to restrain the "other" when he starts shouting that he wants to kill me.

You may argue that ESTPs are clever and won't really push you openly, but I'm also a somewhat paranoid and try to resist even indirect pressure. I can truly get on the nerves of ESxP people with this behavior. I'm not saying this does me any good over the long term, by the way - merely describing what happened so far. I've purposefully been trying to make my personality slightly milder and calmer, but it takes time.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    if so what was the out come? if not why not?

no one besides my brother(he doesn't count) has ever hit me or physically harmes me. I'm grateful, but there's been times where I've gotten in someone's face and kept verbally pushing their buttons and they say if you don't back off I'm going to fuck you up. but I keep going I'm surprised that I've never been beat up.
    There were a couple around middle school age. I absolutely hated that shit and was forced into them (by the other person). I thought it was barbaric and both situations were completely unprovoked. The worst one was when I was 13, across from the school on the grass by a church. This kid went out with a girl that apparently liked me and that might have been the origin of the hostility. Anyway, I pretty much kicked his ass. I will always remember sitting on the kid and punching him in the face as he started to go limp and this guy pulling me off, saying "that's enough". The principal stopped by my house afterwards because he wanted to make sure I was ok. I was a good student and not prone to getting into trouble. He told me I "got some good punches in." The kid's face was a little messed up the next day.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

My mouth was poisonous when I was younger and I got beaten up most of the time.

Ginkgo

Yes. A couple. I regretted winning in both cases, but now I really don't care because I've evaluated the fact that the guy held a knife to my neck days prior to the fights. He was my roommate. I should have moved out.

Besides siblings, as a kid, no.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yeah. A few in middle school. Two in high school and a few in early adulthood. Only one of those fights was ever with a girl...the rest were with guys. It wasn't so bad but it's not fun being grabbed or pushed around by someone much stronger. They ended quickly enough because I used to carry a knife on me (thanks Dad!) and knew how to use it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Not since elementary school, except with my brother.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Not since I was a kid. A couple years ago, I was walking home with my roommate, and long story short this teen girl tried to steal her cell phone. The girl had a friend with her who when I tried to intervene started coming at me, and pulled my hair. I face mushed her and thought that'd start a fight but weirdly enough that caused her to back off. Probably because I'm tall. That's the closest I've gotten though.

Not since junior high, thankfully. I grew up in a semi-rough neighborhood, and I'd get bullies who decided they were going to fight whether I wanted to or not. After a few bloody noses/lips, I started learning some martial arts in 5th grade. Using that to flip bullies onto the ground solved things quickly, especially since they usually timed their attack to be on a hard surface. I only had one person actually get back up after that and still want to fight. He had tried to hit me over the head with a piece of metal tubing, I stepped into it, grabbed his hand, pivoted, threw him over my shoulder onto the grass. Stupidly, I overconfidently threw the weapon about 20 feet away and just walked away. I could hear stealthy footsteps behind me, and I waited until I knew they were close, turned, and fended off the exact same attack using the same throw, except this time on the concrete sidewalk. Some people never learn.