User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Ginkgo

This thread is giving me some perspective about what sorts of people I oughta hang out with in the future, considering the fact that most of you folks haven't been involved in a physical altercation since long before adulthood.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Yes

figsfiggyfigs

Constantly, when I was younger; much less in high school. I try to stay clear of them now, no matter how much I wanna smack a bitch; don't want to ruin my blouse.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Nuh uh. Though I've punched a guy once.

Honestly, it probably hurt me more than him. But he was incredibly pissed and acted like a baby about it. So... tough titties to him.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    This thread is giving me some perspective about what sorts of people I oughta hang out with in the future, considering the fact that most of you folks haven't been involved in a physical altercation since long before adulthood.
    As in spending more time with people like the ones on here?

Or less?

As for the topic at hand. Well I haven't been in any for a long time, most likely I would get the living shite beaten out of me, but who knows?

Depends on the circumstance at hand. Oddly enough one of my greatest fears is that I am susceptible to intimidation and that I am a coward, so I tend to be really tense and on guard a lot of the time to compensate. If someone is going to threaten me or others I like, then I would want to be in a mindset conditioned to react and take action to it.

I do wonder if I shouldn't take up some form of physical training or martial art, but to what end I don't know. And I suspect that a lot of that strength must also come from inside my own mind first.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    As in spending more time with people like the ones on here?

Or less?
    More time with people more like the ones who've posted in this thread so far.

The fights I was in were prompted by a mutual friend of my roommate's. We were egged on while tipsy. Not only that, but I resented my roommate for reasons already mentioned.

It wasn't going to end well.

So you can see why someone might not want to chill with people who like to turn petty differences into gladiatorial matches.

-----------

As a side note- you may as well go the whole nine yards and dawn a Mr. Mime avatar. Join the cool kids, brah.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Nope, occasionally at some of the metal shows I've been to there have been confrontations, it's interesting how much you can move people's space around without actually hitting them in that situation. I think when you get that many guys together, things are only superficially violent, it's like wolf-pack instincts. It's about establishing a pecking order, not a blood bath.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    More time with people more like the ones who've posted in this thread so far.

The fights I was in were prompted by a mutual friend of my roommate's. We were egged on while tipsy. Not only that, but I resented my roommate for reasons already mentioned.

It wasn't going to end well.

So you can see why someone might not want to chill with people who like to turn petty differences into gladiatorial matches.

-----------

As a side note- you may as well go the whole nine yards and dawn a Mr. Mime avatar. Join the cool kids, brah.
    Yeah that sounds like some upsetting crap. I would have probably been the same in your position.

As for Mr Mime can't you see that my avatar is senior Mr Mime?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Yes, back in middle school. Not serious fights though (i.e. no blood was shed).

I won about 75% of those.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Nope.

Edit: I kiiiinda fought my mom once. Well she was hitting me and I was like 15 and I decided to fight back. We rolled around for a while. Nothing major.

Twice girls have tried to start fights with me, yelling and threatening physical violence, but I just did my best to talk them down and express a complete disinterest in fighting with them in any way. I guess you could say I kicked their asses lol.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.