User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Default What's the worst lie someone has ever told you?

Let's hear how disgusting people in your life have gotten! I'm having far too much faith in humanity today.

Worst lies someone(s) ever told you. And why if there's a back story.

For me: My ex told me his girlfriend that he loved dearly was murdered. What made it really disgusting is that I found out about it on our first date, which probably influenced my decision for a second date, and the story was TRUE. But it wasn't HIS story. It was the actual story of (a once mutual, now my) friend who had to deal with that tragedy. I found out by telling the guy. It wasn't a good day for any of us.

(Or you can get really scandalous and say the worst lies you ever told!)
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Step-dad told me he was my dad. I liked him and wanted to believe it, especially after he died. But I don't look anything like him, so eventually I couldn't make myself believe it anymore. I did finally meet my dad when I was twenty-seven and he's pretty obviously my dad.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I've never really been devastated by a deception. But it was a seriously WTF moment when my mother got remarried and didn't tell me about it.

This is more a lie by omission. An ex once acted very mature for his age (8 or so years younger) but each time anything of import was discussed, his reaction said otherwise. Post breakup, he fessed up to the fact that he tried so hard to be mature, in order to convince me to get involved with him. It must have been exhausting for him since it took six months of daily communications to even get involved. Then it was a year of long distance relationship until it imploded when he couldn't hold it together anymore.

Must admit that was my first and last foray into younger men. It started against my better judgment so the biggest fail was on my part. That said, it was also a lot of fun so in many ways so I don't regret the experience. A lesson learned with good upsides.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Someone told me that the intense connection we'd shared that weekend was something he could have with any other girl, that it didn't mean a thing - 6 months before he caved and decided to give in to his feelings. Broke my heart at the time.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Dogs never lie, so God always lies.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

When I was a kid. That vacations were right around the corner.
    3 months is never right around the corner.

Parents. Terrible people.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

A deal I've made when opening my business didn't go through after many promises and contracts.

Had to change the whole strategy several times, work insane hours etc. to "make up for it".
    Mhh but frankly i dont really hold grudges. So I dont mind, what is done is done.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

As we move into the Thanksgiving holidays in the U.S., I am reminded of one situation that stands out during a time when I was in college. There was a girl I went out with for a few years in school. She was my first girlfriend. We were with each other almost every day during the school year for about three years. Towards the end of things, we were 21 years old, physically separated and living in separate cities due to requirements of her degree program. It was just before Thanksgiving that she sent me a note providing some updates. In that note, she talked about what was going on that week, tossed out ideas on what we would do that coming weekend, said she didn’t know what to get me for Christmas and please could I give her some ideas. She told me how much she loved me. We talked afterwards and I asked her if she wanted to come over for Thanksgiving because her parents were out of the country. She said no – that she was having dinner with her roommate’s family but we agreed to see each other after Thanksgiving.

When I saw her just after Thanksgiving, ten days after receiving that note, she broke up with me. Apparently, she had been with this other guy for some time - probably a couple months. She had a picture of the two of them together on her desk that she put away before I came over. I was completely blindsided and it left me very confused. Afterwards, I must have read that note and other communications we had around that timeframe dozens of times, deconstructing our conversations over the prior couple of months, looking for the slightest clues as to what was going on. I realized years afterwards that it was likely she was having Thanksgiving dinner with his family and not her roommate’s. Before that day, I trusted this person completely. The fact that she never wanted to talk to me or see me ever again after that didn’t help. I never got over that breach of loyalty and trust or understood how a person who I was that close to for that long could deceive me in such a way. It’s the most hurt I’ve ever been. They say loyalty is a big thing for Enneagram 6s and maybe it’s a good illustration of that – when it’s breached, it can affect you pretty strongly.

I haven’t seen this person since that day. It’s amusing that this Thanksgiving she will likely be having dinner close by. It turns out she married the guy and his brother, with the big house, lives in my small little town.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    9w8

@highlander were you ever able to trust people again? That's a pretty big blow and a friend of mine is right this minute going through something similar. He went into a grocery store to grab a few things. When he came back out, his wife of four years was not in the car. She had left the door open and was GONE. When he finally tracked her down and realized she hadn't been abducted, she refused to talk to him. It's been two weeks. He was completely blindsided and right now is in some sort of spiral where he has shut himself off from everybody and won't answer the phone or a text or anything. I really don't know how to help him and I am very concerned for him.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14