User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Dogs never lie.
    It's true, dogs never lie about love. But this is only to be expected in a species that is not inter-subjective.

And a species that is not inter-subjective has no reason to hide their mind, because, in the first instance, they can't share their mind like an inter-subjective species like us, so dogs have nothing to hide.

Of course we project our inter-subjectivity onto dogs so we fool ourselves into thinking they are also inter-subjective and have minds they can share. But dogs can't share and can't lie.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Holy crap those are some awful lies!
    @highlander When I look back on it all the exes I had that were total liars were those that I had not known at all prior to dating them. I really cannot imagine dealing with someone you've known a long time like that just doing that out of the blue. Complete lack of respect--both for herself, the guy she married, and you. Did her husband know about you two?
    @Ene I imagine the best thing to do is to keep checking up on him. That's pretty awful too..
    @Amargith You know, I have had something similar but the opposite way--a guy was overly nice, sentimental, and complimentary, then later grew cold and distant and said he only wanted to be friends. I felt like everything he had ever told me was just an over the top lie just to be nice and keep me off of the suspicion that he wasn't that interested in me. I'm still very wary of men complimenting me from the start as a result. I really liked the guy, so it sort of hit me out of no where.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

The worst lie I have ever been told is that God loves me and wants me to adore Him.

As this is precisely the lie child sexual abusers tell children.

It is natural for parents to adore their children, but child sexual abusers tell children to adore them.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    @highlander were you ever able to trust people again? That's a pretty big blow and a friend of mine is right this minute going through something similar. He went into a grocery store to grab a few things. When he came back out, his wife of four years was not in the car. She had left the door open and was GONE. When he finally tracked her down and realized she hadn't been abducted, she refused to talk to him. It's been two weeks. He was completely blindsided and right now is in some sort of spiral where he has shut himself off from everybody and won't answer the phone or a text or anything. I really don't know how to help him and I am very concerned for him.
    It's a good question. That thing did affect me pretty severely. I was never able to completely trust or let my guard down like that again. It's not a good thing. I think maybe the first time you're in love, there is a blissful naïveté and after those relationships end, you kind of never get that innocence back. Generally, I try to be a pretty trusting person because I found in life how critically important trust is and that in order to have a trusting relationship with others, you have to extend it towards them - often being the one to go first. It's not blind trust though because I've been burned a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Holy crap those are some awful lies!
    @highlander When I look back on it all the exes I had that were total liars were those that I had not known at all prior to dating them. I really cannot imagine dealing with someone you've known a long time like that just doing that out of the blue. Complete lack of respect--both for herself, the guy she married, and you. Did her husband know about you two?
    I have no idea what he knew. That would have been a good question to ask back then but I didn't think of it. I asked a lot of other ones on that day, most of which I seem to remember . Sometimes, I wish my crappy memory could be applied more effectively.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Hmmm... "I'm single" was a pretty bad one... As was "I'm not sleeping with her"

And not from the same person either... People are really quite dreadful

"you have to do ___, you're family" would be the worst though... Buy into that bullshit and buy into a lot of guilt
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Oh, oh. I remember the one time in my life when I was enraged by a lie. It was a Saturday morning, and I must have been 10. I was preparing for an amazing start of cartoons and generic golden puffs. I went into the fridge and poured the 'milk' into my cereal bowl, it turns out my mom had attempted to deceive me and circumvent my previous decline of reconstituted powdered milk and refill the jug with the stuff anyway. I was livid, there were words to be had.

WALMART

"I love you."

Heh. Heh. Heh.

Seriously, I've never been lied to. And if I have, I either didn't find out or didn't give any more fucks than zero.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I will love you forever.

Before I learned that forever changes.

MBTI
    INtP

worst type of lie:

when someone makes up a totally absurd fact (lie) as the idea of them thinking they are correct is more important than putting forth a true fact as to why they are correct. and more often than not, the reason that a true fact can not be put forth by said person, there isn't one (edit - apart from a fact along the lines "i just want you to"). leaving one to conclude that, said person is under the assumption that i should just go along with what idea has been verbalised out of persons mouth. i have observed most absurd facts (lies) are orchestrated when reasons or facts can not be made to justify ideas which are commonly and unquestionable agreed upon on a large scale. example idea's: which burnings, war's, money, work etc etc. I find this behaviour very frustrating.

this has happened too many times for me to recall a specific example sorry

also, just to put it out there
    i have concluded previously, mankind has become imprisoned by its own ideas
    or, mankind's own ideas are imprisoning them
    or, instead of mankind using their ideas, their ideas are using them
    or the idea of man has enslaved man
    disagree? then i ask: why do corporations exhibit self preservation strategies detrimental to the human race?
    If you see Eve, tell her I'm growing tired of walking the ends of the earth in trying to tell her no

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't think I've been directly lied to and didn't know that something was really wrong. It literally feels wrong, has the wrong tone maybe? I'm not sure how to explain it. I had a bad habit of dismissing what my instincts were telling me. I'd want to confront and because I lacked "proof", I'd hesitate to do it even though I was 99.99% certain I was right. I wasn't good at defending how I felt without proof so quite often I'd say nothing.

My ex cheated quite a bit on me quite a bit but I never suspected it until the proof blew the f**k up in my face. He couldn't really lie about doing it but he did lie about the circumstances around it. I can't really think of anything else...maybe lies about the religion I was in? That was pretty devastating.