User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 157

  1. #61
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    People are fixated with your love life here because you're a gentleman and often talk about wanting to be in a relationship.
    I am aware that I started talking about relationships first, because I felt a need to vent. I wasn't fishing for attenton, though, and I'm a bit suprised that the response to my talk of relationships has taken on the aspect it has.

    Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    Well it's not always the case, but I can become aggressive and assertive to compensate for an introvert if the situation requires it. I think INTPs can be surprising.
    Well, if I follow my usual creed that typing can't be used for match making, then it is true that INTPs or about any other type is viable. However, if I were to go on archetypes then an INTP probably isn't what I'm looking for.

    Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    This, I completely understand. However, I also think it's something that you appreciate in yourself that you'd like to experience more of.
    True, some consideration has been put into how sensitive I am. I have very unusually high Fi for an INTP. The problem is that my Fe is incredibly low, and actually responding to peoples' feelings and expressing my own is hard for me. For some reason or another, I can open up here more than most places. I pretty much haven't opened up like this face to face, with anyone I know particularly well. I do believe that someone emotionally sensitive and gentle, etc. will actually be able to bring it out of me.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  2. #62
    señor member colmena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    1,550

    Default

    I am aware that I started talking about relationships first, because I felt a need to vent. I wasn't fishing for attenton, though, and I'm a bit suprised that the response to my talk of relationships has taken on the aspect it has.
    I don't think anyone would accuse you of fishing, MP. I certainly never inferred that. And I still wouldn't, even if another 20 similar threads came up.

    I'm not surprised of the response. You come across as innocent and naive about relationships, yet you know, and air, your desire for one.

    Well, if I follow my usual creed that typing can't be used for match making, then it is true that INTPs or about any other type is viable. However, if I were to go on archetypes then an INTP probably isn't what I'm looking for.
    You're probably right, but as you comment below, I don't think other INTPs with the love agenda would be as scared off by this sort of talking than perhaps other types.

    True, some consideration has been put into how sensitive I am. I have very unusually high Fi for an INTP. The problem is that my Fe is incredibly low, and actually responding to peoples' feelings and expressing my own is hard for me. For some reason or another, I can open up here more than most places. I pretty much haven't opened up like this face to face, with anyone I know particularly well. I do believe that someone emotionally sensitive and gentle, etc. will actually be able to bring it out of me.
    I, too, have a high Fi. It was the second highest result, apparently (Ti, Fi, Ne, Ni). I only put it third in my sig because the site said Ne was my secondary function. I'm still an amateur.

    I'm quite certain you are a more intelligent, less crazy version of me. Perhaps we've got nothing to learn from each other, but the familiarity is nice.
    I do believe that someone emotionally sensitive and gentle, etc. will actually be able to bring it out of me.
    A rare fish, but I think you'll find it, eventually.

    How do you feel about yourself? Are you confident in your ability to maintain a relationship? (whether you're experienced or not)
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

    -How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    I'm quite certain you are a more intelligent, less crazy version of me. Perhaps we've got nothing to learn from each other, but the familiarity is nice.
    Colmena, you have made me laugh out loud and smile, at some of your quite clever/amusing/eccentric posts. Don't underestimate your grey matter.

    Everyone likes the sponge. ^_^ Your a well rounded fellow. Your doubts about your eligibility are silly. The proof is obvious and irrefutable by the continued interest of this forum. Ideally, university really seems the best place to meet potential partners, at your age.

  4. #64
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minako-bot View Post
    Everyone likes the sponge. ^_^ Your a well rounded fellow. Your doubts about your eligibility are silly.
    Well, thanks. I must say how amused I am by the fact that I am inevitably refered to as "the sponge". My name is Magic Poriferan, but soon enough, every new user starts calling me the sponge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Minako-bot View Post
    The proof is obvious and irrefutable by the continued interest of this forum.
    Actually... There's an opening for an important subject here.
    Getting compliments online just isn't quite the same as being complimented in person, for a lot of reasons.

    For one thing, people online can't necessarily know you as well as people you know in person. They'll have an especially hard time knowing you in physical, material, and active ways.

    The way I act online is definitely not the same as the way I act normally. It's partly because of insecurity. In person, there are so many more factors to worry about, and that changes my attitude. I can be more laid-back online.

    There isn't focus being put on my looks or my voice. There's no concern about the enviroment we're in, or what I'm doing. Emotions are harder to deal with. And perhaps most importantly of all, everything goes much faster. I get so much time to respond online. In regular life, the amount of time it takes me to respond comfortably is usually more time than people will give me. They either don't pause that long, or they start looking at me funny because I haven't responded yet.

    So in general, just because I may be respectable/charming online, doesn't mean I am in a more realistic environment.

    Putting all that subject aside, I would like to say that I'm not totally ignoring the commentary I get online. My exposure to people on the internet has improved my confidence over time, just very slowly. It's easier to rationalize away compliments received online, so they aren't as potent. Still, they do make some difference, and I want people to know that I do appreciate it.
    In other words, I'm not like Wolf(sorry, I had to throw that in there).

    Quote Originally Posted by Minako-bot View Post
    Ideally, university really seems the best place to meet potential partners, at your age.
    Well, that's where I'm headed.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  5. #65
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    I can see that someone is going to have to simply take the bull by the horns here.

    First Opportunity

    Date: Saturday, August 2nd, 2008
    Time: 1:00 p.m.
    Venue: Harrisburg, PA
    Activity: Lunch date, followed by the activity of your choice.

    I hope you've got this day open on your calendar, MP, because you'll be getting a visitor that day. The only question is, who?

    Sign up here, ladies. Arranging transportation (and, if necessary, lodging) will be entirely up to you. The Sponge will, assuming he is feeling cooperative, provide you with directions to his physical location, or a mutually agreeable meeting point.

    First acceptable choice gets the nod!

  6. #66
    señor member colmena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    1,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I do believe that someone emotionally sensitive and gentle, etc. will actually be able to bring it out of me.
    That's the fucking pickle, right there.

    If we are to stay as we are, that is exactly what we need. But why should they put up with us? Are we good enough for people like that? I wouldn't want to feel like charity, or that I'm being humoured. Now maybe others think I'm delusional being this insecure, but doesn't the neediness of it solidify it anyway?

    Perhaps we would be emotional equals on account of Fi (not you and me, INTP and 'emotionally sensitive and gentle' person).

    This is the paradox. Our fervent desire for love; what keeps me awake at night. Why I did 30 jumping fingertip tricep-press ups this morning. Why I used to hug my pillow whilst listening to Paul Simon records. There is a battle of internal conflict going on between our logical ideals and our need for love; and then to add to the mix, you've got the seemingly rediculous way everyone else seems to be living their lives. The paradox. If this inferiority complex and irrational ideals can be striven through, the INTP can be unstoppable in life and love.

    Gngh. Today I feel empowered, but have vehement disdain for the world.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

    -How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

  7. #67
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    colmena, you don't qualify. The August 2nd date is still available. What straight single girl wants a crack at the Poriferan Enchanted?

  8. #68
    señor member colmena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    1,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    colmena, you don't qualify. The August 2nd date is still available. What straight single girl wants a crack at the Poriferan Enchanted?
    Damn and blast your soul, good sir!
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

    -How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

  9. #69
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I can see that someone is going to have to simply take the bull by the horns here.

    First Opportunity

    Date: Saturday, August 2nd, 2008
    Time: 1:00 p.m.
    Venue: Harrisburg, PA
    Activity: Lunch date, followed by the activity of your choice.

    I hope you've got this day open on your calendar, MP, because you'll be getting a visitor that day. The only question is, who?

    Sign up here, ladies. Arranging transportation (and, if necessary, lodging) will be entirely up to you. The Sponge will, assuming he is feeling cooperative, provide you with directions to his physical location, or a mutually agreeable meeting point.

    First acceptable choice gets the nod!
    What?
    Okay, I know you have no actual power to make this happen, but I'm still baffled at your presumptuousness. You don't know whether or not that day is open, and this probably means I'm supposed to be paying for a bunch of things, like dinner. And then you say "first acceptable choice". How is that decided anyhow?

    You're a madman.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  10. #70
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    What?
    Okay, I know you have no actual power to make this happen, but I'm still baffled at your presumptuousness. You don't know whether or not that day is open, and this probably means I'm supposed to be paying for a bunch of things, like dinner. And then you say "first acceptable choice". How is that decided anyhow?

    You're a madman.
    Damn ENTPs.
    (See the "How to Catch an ENTP Man" thread.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Similar Threads

  1. The Great Blog Transplant - Sign up now!
    By cafe in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 10:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO