User Tag List

First 6141516

Results 151 to 157 of 157

  1. #151
    Senior Member helen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Just thought I'd chip in with some free advice. He should definitely marry an ISFJ, if he finds one and she's willing. INTPs and ISFJs are very cute together.

    Also, is he religious? Not asking for myself, but it seems like something people might like to know.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

  2. #152
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    Just thought I'd chip in with some free advice. He should definitely marry an ISFJ, if he finds one and she's willing. INTPs and ISFJs are very cute together.
    ISFJs are usually on my short list. So, I've given it a fair amount of though.

    Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    Also, is he religious? Not asking for myself, but it seems like something people might like to know.
    I am not religious. I consider myself agnostic, because I believe the ultimate answers to the working of the universe are unknowable, that trying to objectively understand them is a waste of time, and no one has any right claiming authority on the subject.

    On a lot of more specific, detailed issues, I'm a secular skeptic. I am, in the propper sense, athiestic, in that I don't believe in a God as some singular and conscious entity. I also have no tolerance for stuff like intelligent design.

    Aside from beliefs that are egregiously unscientific and unobjective(creationism, the earth being shaped by the deluge, etc.) I can handle a religious partner. The only problem is if she feels it's really important to debate and analyze the subject of religion with me. Most of the time my answers will be something to the effect of "I don't know. I don't care". If a person isn't comfortable with answers like that, then they may not want me.

    For me, an intimate relationship really should put no emphasis on existential beliefs.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  3. #153
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    That's definitely a distinguishing characteristic then, since I know other people who think the existential beliefs have the most important impact in the relationship. Funny how everyone is so different.

    Really, though, you're still suggesting you need someone with a similar belief as you -- which is basically that people can "live and let live" and connect with you as an individual regardless of one's held beliefs. That's a belief in itself.

    I know one couple where one is an atheist and another is a Christian (Unity church). I know other couples where they could not handle that, they expect more conformity in shared beliefs...

    ISFJs often do have a set way of looking at things. INTP and ISFJ can work well if both can compromise; if the compromise can't be reached, it could get hellish.


    * * * *

    So if Obie hooks you up (laugh), where are you gonna go for lunch?

    Cafe Fresco's pretty rocking, and the food is varied and good.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #154
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    So if Obie hooks you up (laugh), where are you gonna go for lunch?
    Obie's opting out.

  5. #155
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Obie's opting out.


    But... but... but...
    ENTPs never say die!!!!!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  6. #156
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's definitely a distinguishing characteristic then, since I know other people who think the existential beliefs have the most important impact in the relationship. Funny how everyone is so different.

    Really, though, you're still suggesting you need someone with a similar belief as you -- which is basically that people can "live and let live" and connect with you as an individual regardless of one's held beliefs. That's a belief in itself.

    I know one couple where one is an atheist and another is a Christian (Unity church). I know other couples where they could not handle that, they expect more conformity in shared beliefs...

    Well, I know that's a belief unto itself, but it isn't really a matter of existential philosophy, it's just personal conduct, determined for no other reason than that I don't want to be frustrated. But yeah, the most important thing is that the other person doesn't make me have to think about their own religion much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ISFJs often do have a set way of looking at things. INTP and ISFJ can work well if both can compromise; if the compromise can't be reached, it could get hellish.
    Well, aside from compromise, there is the slim chance that I'd find an ISFJ who is set in the belief of things I happen to agree with in the first place. In such a case, I'm sure things would go very smoothly.



    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    So if Obie hooks you up (laugh), where are you gonna go for lunch?

    Cafe Fresco's pretty rocking, and the food is varied and good.
    I haven't been there. I personally like places dim and quiet. I'd probably defer to the girl in this case. I'd ask her what kind of food she likes and we'd go from there(hopefully, she likes far or middle eastern food).
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  7. #157
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post


    But... but... but...
    ENTPs never say die!!!!!
    If it was for a great cause, sure... but if the sponge's heart's not in it, why should mine be?

    This thread has been fun, and run its course. I'd like to say a great big "Thanks!" to all the participants.

Similar Threads

  1. The Great Blog Transplant - Sign up now!
    By cafe in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 10:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO