User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Magic, I read the words, and I know the meaning of each individual word... but as for the content of the paragraphs, you might as well have been explaining architecture to a snail.

My native approach to everything in life, even the important things... hell, especially the important things... is to poke at them and see what they do. I try this, I try that, I see what works, I see what I like. I explore.

Because as wise as I might be, if I don't lay something on the line I'm never going to end up with any more than I've got... and the clock is ticking.

I respect how seriously you take the idea of relationship. That's appropriate. It's extremely rare in a man of your age, and... if I may be so bold... it's what makes you a catch. But...

If you never take a risk, you've already lost.

[looks at MP's type]

You're an INTP. I should have known.

Okay, here goes... I learned this by working with Jennifer:

You are never going to have all the information you require to make a fully informed decision. Sometimes the best you can do with crucial life-changing decisions is take your best educated guess.

Sorry.
    That's all well and good, but there's a matter of moderation to consider. Little risks are little expermiments. And the more experiments that yield positive results, the more positive my perception is of the whole subject.

I have been single all my life. I am well aware that this is partly caused by my lack of initiative, and my apprehension. But on the other hand, to continue with the theme here, if I had my first relationship with Whatever(or someone like her) that would be pretty wild. I don't know if it makes sense to throw oneself so completely into such a radical proposition, especially as the first attempt.

And what's your Enneagram type? I suspect there's more at work here than ENTP and INTP.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Oberon

Dude... it's lunch.

MBTI
    INxJ

Would you prefer I call you Magic Poriferan? ^.~

Also, maybe it would help bring others out if you gave a description of yourself. Maybe a brief rundown. Like Interests and expectations in a partner.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Minako-bot View Post
    Would you prefer I call you Magic Poriferan? ^.~
    It doesn't really matter. You can call me the sponge, spongie, Magic, MP, spongeling(as Whatever often calls me) or any other name so long as it has some corellation to my name. I think it's funny.

Also, maybe it would help bring others out if you gave a description of yourself. Maybe a brief rundown. Like Interests and expectations in a partner.
    I've had to do stuff like that before. I suppose I could just copy any paste my OKcupid profile, hah. But I generally find them stuffy, because I'm supposed to write everything out in advance. It's not like I can read peoples' minds. How should I know what it is they want to know?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I've had to do stuff like that before. I suppose I could just copy any paste my OKcupid profile, hah. But I generally find them stuffy, because I'm supposed to write everything out in advance. It's not like I can read peoples' minds. How should I know what it is they want to know?
    I see. Well, it would help to start somewhere. If I were interested, those are things I would ask someone. People may already like your personality, but aren't privy to the day to day stuff. Which is usually a gauge for compatibility.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I see. Well, it would help to start somewhere. If I were interested, those are things I would ask someone. People may already like your personality, but aren't privy to the day to day stuff. Which is usually a gauge for compatibility.
    Ah. Errrmm... my average day is pretty boring. I spend most of it in my head.

Sometimes, I honestly find my self in certain parts of the house, perhaps carrying and object, and not even able to remember how I got there because I was so engrossed in my thoughts.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Ah. Errrmm... my average day is pretty boring. I spend most of it in my head.
    lol Your so silly. O.k. Hobbies? Interests? What are you studying at school?

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

lol Your so silly.
    Of course I am.

O.k. Hobbies? Interests? What are you studying at school?
    I like to read. I don't read much fiction, but I do occasionally. Aside from just reading books, I have a tendency to suddenly think of something and then look it up online.

I think a lot. Some other people are surprised at how much time I spend doing "nothing", because I'm sitting, laying, or pacing. But that time is spent thinking. I forget about the world around me and lose track of time. It's so intensive that I think it qualifies as an activity.

I like to talk. I guess that might sound bland, but it's one of the things I most enjoy doing(unless I'm talking to someone insufferable, of course).

I play games. Video games and board games. Most people take note of the fact that I like designing and modding games at least as much as I enjoy playing them. Most of all, I like it if I can make something that other people are actually interested in playing.

As you might have guessed, I don't go out much. I like to walk though. If I go out, I don't want it to be about seeing a movie, or going to a party, or anything like that. I want to travel for its own sake. I especially like it at night, when the weather is rainy and foggy(gloomy, I know).

But I think, all in all, I spend a lot of spare time doing random silly things. There's a store in this city that has a ton of mythical figurines for sale. Every time I'm there, I start messing around with them until somebody else drags me away.

Interests are important to mention indeed, since I said I do so much thinking.
    I think a lot about politics, psychology, and philosophy. Pretty much anything that comes under those or is a mix between those is interesting to me. It often goes in phases though. A short time ago I had a big epistemological phase, and I think it's still slightly in effect.

I also think about games, naturally. I think about how to design them. I approach it both from a point of concrete details and over-riding principles.

I'm a curious creature though, and I can get interested in most things. I think it's evident in little facts, like my unusual knowledge of geography or animal taxanomy. Gossipy things, and talk about mechanics(like how a bike works and what makes a "good bike") is the kind of stuff that bores me. I usually hate sports.

My current college attendance is in the early stages, so I'm only doing basic stuff, but I aim to major(or possibly master) in either Political Science or Social Psychology. I have a hard time imagining how I could get a "real" career as anything other than a professor. I personally don't care about careers very much, though.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Does this boy arrive with ketchup and a bag of chips?!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Does this boy arrive with ketchup and a bag of chips?!
    Those are pretty cheap items. I can arrive with them, if so desired. I can't promise that I'll have more every time I appear, though.
    Go to sleep, iguana.