User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Default 3 Things People don't really know about you.

This game has been circulating on FB lately.. so I thought it'd be fun to do it here. The premise is precisely as it sounds: just state 3 (or more if you'd like! I'm not going to ban you.*) things people typically don't know/would probably never notice on their own about you. It can get as personal or light-hearted as you wish.

1. I have two fairly prominent flaws on my face that no one notices: A bent nose from when I broke it, and a scar along the right side of my cheek near my mouth that looks suspiciously like a laugh line. I learned to smile a lot and have a really expressive face as a teenager because when I did it hid those things so much better without hiding my whole face. While smiling now-a-days has nothing to do with those scars, I still have a habit of smiling a crooked, one-sided smile on my right side as a result of this.

2. While people DO tend to know this about me, they usually find out the wrong way--I'm one of the few girls I've ever met that has no desire to be called skinny, thin, or petite as an observation by anyone. Ever. I'm short--and can handle being called that all day--but anything else is just dangerous quick-defriend-zone territory.

3. I put a lot of heart and soul into music--songs that I decided were awful, once I've heard the actual lyrics, can become good for me quickly. I've actually had my heart semi-broken a couple times by guys because I would play a song with the intentions of communicating through the lyrics, and they've made fun of the song and started laughing about it despite the fact I felt it was really awesome music. So, I tend to play the radio and generic things with other people in my car.

:3
    * I lack the power right now.. But one day... ooh one day..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Hey, my nose is slightly moved to the side as a result of a broken nose as well!

Most people know it though. I tend to show it all the time. Just like I show my scar on my chin and how I can dislocate my left thumb without using pressure, even just by using the muscles in the thumb itself.

Anyhow. Three things hmm. There's one that comes to mind.

1. I have slight phimosis, my skin is a bit too small for the flesh within, nothing too worrysome to get surgery over though, and obviously this is not something that would get up in a topic much either. So I think only a couple of people know it. But tbh, if someone would ask (but why would they) I wouldnt mind telling either. It's one of those things that just is but adds nothing to any conversation.

2. When I was young, I sometimes sneaked out of the house and headed into the forest to a place with sand and dunes. I enjoyed the silence and the darkness immensely as I've laid there on my back just looking up at the sky for no apparant reason.

3. Hmm.. I can't think of anything else at the moment. Although in a sense I guess I'm a withdrawn person, I can't say I'm very secretive about it.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

1. I also have plenty of scars on my face. It is not really that noticeable, but if I point it out, or if you run your fingers over, you can feel the scar tissue. Total of over 52 stitches from various incidents in my childhood (I was a very precocious child - maybe a bit of a klutz, but more about doing stuff that I shouldn't, like jumping off things on a dare, etc! ). Frankenstein, I am. Peculiarly, I do not have stitches on anywhere else on my body and have never broken any bones. As my mother likes to point out, "you always have to do it a different way! Most people use their bum, knees or hands to break their fall, you, no, you use your face!"
    2. I have some peculiar tastes, things/ideas that turn me on. *zips lips*
    3. I can touch my nose with my tongue :P (I mean.... :q, thanks for the astute correction @Udog)

Glycerine

1. I evaluate myself much lower than people seem to think I do. Not necessarily a bad thing but it's funny to hear other people try to tell me how I view myself.

2. I am not sentimental or traditional in the least.

3. My sense of humor and amusement is kind of out there.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

1. I was born tongue tied, but my mother had it corrected when I was a baby. My older son was also born tongue tied, but I left his alone because he was a very sick newborn and I couldn't bear for them to do anything else to him. It looks a little weird when he sticks his tongue out, but he can talk and eat fine.

2. I have cute feet, IMO.

3. I was hit by a car when I was twelve and landed on my face. I have only one thin scar less than an inch long on my forehead because of it, but I scar white and my skin is light, so it usually doesn't show much.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

1. I usually single-cough, rather than double-cough. It's common for people to say "bless you" or "gesundheit" after I cough, because they think I have sneezed. I actually have consciously double-coughed at times when I would have single-coughed, just to avoid having to say thank you for all the needless "bless you's" I'd get. Interestingly, my dad had the same cough.

2. I'm enough of a wallflower / socially anxious that the first year i tried to go to summer camp (fourth grade), I bawled uncontrollably for 45 minutes in the line, until my parents gave up and took me home. The next year i tried again and stuck it out through a heroic effort on my part, but the first few days were miserable.

3. I didn't start drinking coffee until the summer between my junior and senior year in high school, but since then rarely a day passes where I don't have a cup.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I can hear things like my own thoughts, music, or anything from my imagination, really, as if it's coming from an outside source into my ears. I guess they're hallucinations. I can't control it though, and it's pretty rare.

I can lucid dream.

I know more about serial killers than anyone you know.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

1. I never went through a stage where I found girls to be "icky". I just pretended to in order to avoid the wrath of my parents.

2. I've worked for the same company for 11 years.

3. Tragedy and sadness almost never makes me cry. Yet, stories of hard earned and unexpected triumph cut to the center of me, as do stories of teamwork. I have developed a great many tricks to avoid being caught tearing up at random places, such as during a certain action scene in The Incredibles.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    I know more about serial killers than anyone you know.
    But that's cheating; you've killed everyone I know.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

1. I am massively soft-hearted....

2. Under the right conditions, I can work myself into a state of giddiness that is very much like being drunk or high.

3. I haven't worked at a regular job for 20 years.

Gosh....