User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    9w8

Default I Get Aggravated When...

...I take time to really think about someone's post and give them an honest response or life experience to answer their questions in an effort to help them with what I preceived to be a legitimate question, and they never even come back to the thread to say, "thanks" or "that sucks" or "kiss my behind" or anything. It makes me not want to respond to that person's posts anymore. Once, I think it's an oversight. Twice, I think they're absent-minded. Three times, I think maybe they're just really busy. Beyond that, I think they must be a self-absorbed, arrogant jerk of a person. haha...sorry, but sometimes I think that. At the very least, they could say, "Hey, saw the post, can't think of anything to say right now."
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

ndovjtjcaqidthi

If someone does that to me I just don't bother trying to help them again.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    If someone does that to me I just don't bother trying to help them again.
    That's the place I've come to as well, because I feel like it's a waste of time.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

Yeah it is kind of annoying. I feel like I might do it sometimes unfortunately. But I've also experienced it from your perspective as well.

One thing that occurred to me is that sometimes other people might read what you post and get something out of it, too. So if you have something you think is worthwhile to say, it's not always a waste even if the one person is not so responsive.

But of course you shouldn't post if you don't want to. Just saying that the person you are responding to isn't the only person who may benefit from what you post
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Enneagram
    9w8

good point, @gromit but "some" kind of response [a smiley, a rep comment, a PM, a kiss my butt...anything] is beneficial to the poster. haha.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Uff. I am likely only to respond if I have issues with your post, or if I have anything to add. Generally I dont reply to posts I agree on.

In rare cases if it made me laugh or if it has information I wouldnt have thought about, then I might rep or make an agreed post.

Please dont hate me if you respond to one of my posts and I dont respond back. It just means I like your post.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Uff. I am likely only to respond if I have issues with your post, or if I have anything to add. Generally I dont reply to posts I agree on.

In rare cases if it made me laugh or if it has information I wouldnt have thought about, then I might rep or make an agreed post.

Please dont hate me if you respond to one of my posts and I dont respond back. It just means I like your post.
    I think OP is talking about when people are asking for help specifically. Or am I wrong?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I think OP is talking about when people are asking for help specifically. Or am I wrong?
    I dont ask for much anymore I guess. But still I think Ive not responded to answers for my questions if they were sufficiently satisfying.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Enneagram
    9w8

No, you are 100% RIGHT.

I mean when someone asks for advice or an opinion and goes into detail about it then when people respond they never get back to them. To me that is rude and inconsiderate, if a person does it repeatedly. I understand that sometimes people miss things or get really busy in real life but if it happens on an ongoing basis then it gives off the impression that the one asking for help places no value on other's or their time and efforts, because responding to posts takes time and effort. @Fluffywolf you're fine. I don't expect everybody to respond to a post, but let's say I got on here and asked, "Can anyone tell me how to keep from hurting my ISTJ friend's feelings when she asked me to watch a movie that I think is so boring that I want to cry?" [that is an entirely hypothetical question] And let's say two, three or more people get on here and actually try to help me with the issue and I am on here starting new threads and so forth, but I never even go back to them or acknowlege their replies. To me, that sucks! haha.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

The only time I get aggravated is when someone asks for help, get's a lot of good information and advice then totally blows it all off and does something else. Which almost always end up being a bad decision. It makes me want to strangle them.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.