User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    9w8

That, too, @
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

WALMART

I am very self-aware of this problem.

I always tell myself I am going to invest time to respond to everyone who has posted in one of my threads, but I never do. I'll even think up good responses while at work or something, but they never get a chance to touch paper. Just thinking them is perhaps enough, by the time I am in a place to write they are long gone, and I am usually okay with that. I've wondered of the ego thing you mention, in relation. The truth is, I can't handle as much information as is usually presented in one go, or it doesn't really "do" anything for me upon an initial glance. I must osmose. I have threads from a year ago I still visit to absorb information from. I do the same with books.

I think, like you said, it would be nice to say "Good information, can't think of anything to say right now." I would like that to be known to anyone that directs attention in or at my vicinity that never gets a response.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    ...I take time to really think about someone's post and give them an honest response or life experience to answer their questions in an effort to help them with what I preceived to be a legitimate question, and they never even come back to the thread to say, "thanks" or "that sucks" or "kiss my behind" or anything. It makes me not want to respond to that person's posts anymore. Once, I think it's an oversight. Twice, I think they're absent-minded. Three times, I think maybe they're just really busy. Beyond that, I think they must be a self-absorbed, arrogant jerk of a person. haha...sorry, but sometimes I think that. At the very least, they could say, "Hey, saw the post, can't think of anything to say right now."
    Been there. I usually give up after the first or second time... Too much of an energy drain, to give that much and get nothing back, especially with someone you don't know that well.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Been there. I usually give up after the first or second time... Too much of an energy drain, to give that much and get nothing back, especially with someone you don't know that well.

I feel special now.

Edit: Oh I misread this. I saw this as "especially with someone you don't want to know that well." It's okay I know that's what you really meant.

Anyway, yeah I kind of find this annoying. Doesn't bother me that much since I get people are probably either busy with their lives or just probably left the post off for a better time and then forgot about it. I wouldn't be surprised if I forgot about a post addressed to me that I intended to reply to when I first saw it. But I agree it sucks putting so much energy into something and not even being met with recognition.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post

I feel special now.
    That's as much you as it is me -- you're so good about replying in detail, and generally about listening and being receptive.

Also: I take this moment to everyone who I forgot to reply to, after promising to reply. I do that sometimes, and it's always because either
    1) Replying requires me to confront feelings (gasp), or
    2) No time initially, then forgot about it.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Absolutely! Thanks
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    ...I take time to really think about someone's post and give them an honest response or life experience to answer their questions in an effort to help them with what I preceived to be a legitimate question, and they never even come back to the thread to say, "thanks" or "that sucks" or "kiss my behind" or anything. It makes me not want to respond to that person's posts anymore. Once, I think it's an oversight. Twice, I think they're absent-minded. Three times, I think maybe they're just really busy. Beyond that, I think they must be a self-absorbed, arrogant jerk of a person. haha...sorry, but sometimes I think that. At the very least, they could say, "Hey, saw the post, can't think of anything to say right now."
    Did you quote them?

Personally I can't remember to go and look up every thread I like...therefore I don't expect others to do so either, so I hope if someone is responding to me, that they quote or mention me.

Unless it's their own thread that they just made yesterday?

If all of the above applies then yea...I don't like that either when someone doesn't respond. I don't like to waste energy.

Enneagram
    9w8

@Inari LoveI almost always quote or mention, so yes.

Yeah, and that's my thing, too. I don't like to waste the energy.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Wait a minute, this isn't a trick to make a never ending undying thread, is it?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    I am very self-aware of this problem.

I always tell myself I am going to invest time to respond to everyone who has posted in one of my threads, but I never do. I'll even think up good responses while at work or something, but they never get a chance to touch paper. Just thinking them is perhaps enough, by the time I am in a place to write they are long gone, and I am usually okay with that. I've wondered of the ego thing you mention, in relation. The truth is, I can't handle as much information as is usually presented in one go, or it doesn't really "do" anything for me upon an initial glance. I must osmose. I have threads from a year ago I still visit to absorb information from. I do the same with books.

I think, like you said, it would be nice to say "Good information, can't think of anything to say right now." I would like that to be known to anyone that directs attention in or at my vicinity that never gets a response.
    Thanks @superunknown that is really awesome of you. Although, I never noticed you making a habit of not responding to people