User Tag List

12 Last

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Default Not your typical prejudice.

I think it is funny how people will tell me I am so non-judmental-
    I don't care if a person is GAY, I don't care what a person's skin color is- I don't care what their religion is, I don't care if a person has tatoo's and piercings etc.

What is interesting to me is that it isn't that I am not judgmental- I am just not judgy wudgy of the typical things-
    I am very judgmental of cheerlearders for example and hard core Friends fans

my fear is not that my daughter will come up to me one day and say - hey mom- I'm a lesbian- no- I fear my daughter will one day come up to me and say I want to be a cheerleader- to which I have a reply already ready in which I will say- why couldn't you have said something I could deal with better like hey mom I am a lesbian- not a cheerleader! oh the horror and humanity- I thought I raised you right but apparently I failed as a mother.

now I don't know what I will say if she says she wants to be a cheerleader and is a lesbian- I need to prep a response for that- and if she is a Friend's fan to boost then I'll just have to shoot myself

but anyway- does anyone else relate to this-
    a more quirky way to discriminate or look down on people?
    do you have an unusual prejudice?
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    ESFJ

What do you have against cheerleaders?

And yes, I'd have a major problem if my children turned out to be certain things, like fascists or communists. I'd much rather have a freedom-loving lesbian or gay child than a super-hetero totalitarian.

P.S. I never understood the appeal of Friends, but it wasn't bad enough to be upset about. I know several very intelligent people who really liked that show.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INFJ

Haven't you heard? Cheerleading skips a generation. You'll probably get along fine with your bluestocking granddaughter.

Many a fine person has been a cheerleader in high school, then taken up birdwatching, opera, Italian or other less rah-rah pursuits. The important thing is not to go nuts when she announces she's on the squad. She'll tire of it sooner and go back to studying calculus. A caveat: teenaged girls love to shock their moms and if they can do it by becoming cheerleaders, by gum, that's what they'll do.

My daughter is 15 and likes to watch Project Runway. She also an avid reader of The New Yorker, Atlantic, Esquire, Women's Health and numerous other magazines, some to do with fashion, photography, art & design, others about current events. I figure she'll probably grow out of being fascinated by couture but will retain her interest in reading. Many kids her age don't read any magazines, so I don't flip out about her reading material.

Can't help you with Friends. My daughter loves The Office and keeps showing me skits from it on YouTube. Some are amusing.

Good luck
    Last edited by Jae Rae; 07-10-2008 at 11:37 PM. Reason: clarification
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Cheerleading would definitely be pushing my tolerance threshold, but I think I could deal with it.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Cheerleaders rock.

Ready? O-Kay!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Cheerleaders rock.

Ready? O-Kay!
    Probably not winning any points with that pic in this thread, but I share the sentiment, to an extent. I am also just a huge sports fan, and cheerleaders are a nice tradition in them, I think.

I'm not proud of it, but I'm prejudiced against senior citizens in many situations. And yes, I realize that my punishment someday will be to become one.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I'm not proud of it, but I'm prejudiced against senior citizens in many situations. And yes, I realize that my punishment someday will be to become one.
    Senior citizens rock.

Jam on, Grandpa!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I'm not totally prejudiced against senior citizens, but I don't buy into the whole "older and wiser" line. Old people have about the same ratio of intelligence and wisdom as every other age group. Some of them are downright stupid. I don't mean "intolerant," either. I mean "offensively, mindbogglingly stupid/how did they get to be this old?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Not all cheerleaders are dumb, bubbly, superficial beings. I was a cheerleader in high school, for a year.The cheerleading coach actually recruited me from the gymnastics team, because they didn't have any tumblers. When i first was asked to be on the team, i laughed because i as well had this prejudice toward cheerleaders, but after joining the squad i learned that i was mistaken about a lot of the things i had originally thought about them. i gave up cheerleading, because theater interested me more and i ended up being a much better actress than the clumsy cheerleader i was.

Anyway, the only prejudice i can think that i have is my aversion to drug dealers/hardcore users oh and parents who bring all 10 of their kids to go shopping at wal mart.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.