First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i mean...it's kind of funny. i like ridiculous things i guess....but i sort of really hope they're making fun of them selves.
    It's so relative to me. Like, my ten years ago self would have rolled her eyes at my so-called problems now. And almost all the problems I've had my entire life have been First World problems. I mean, I've never had to watch my child shit herself to death because I don't have access to clean water. I dunno. I think I just dislike the concept of invalidating other people's experiences? Not that I never do it, but it doesn't matter whether you're loaded or scraping by or any of your other circumstances: when you stub your toe, it hurts like a mofo. Most stuff is like that, really.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    It's so relative to me. Like, my ten years ago self would have rolled her eyes at my so-called problems now. And almost all the problems I've had my entire life have been First World problems. I mean, I've never had to watch my child shit herself to death because I don't have access to clean water. I dunno. I think I just dislike the concept of invalidating other people's experiences? Not that I never do it, but it doesn't matter whether you're loaded or scraping by or any of your other circumstances: when you stub your toe, it hurts like a mofo. Most stuff is like that, really.
    haha yeah you're totally right cafe. shit still sucks.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

On a serious note, I think 'first world problems' are a healthy and natural phenomenon.

If we would be absolutely content, there would no longer be any progress, we would not be able to strive towards anything anymore, if anything, we should avoid being completely content like it is the plague itself.

Sure our problems may pale in comparison to the third world problems, but such is human nature. It is okay to feel discontent now and then, such is our new age evolution.

Live long and prosper. \\//_
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I think more than a few of them are self-satirizing. I occasionally think horrible thoughts and get a kick out of saying them out loud. It's just a way to make fun of myself.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    On a serious note, I think 'first world problems' are a healthy and natural phenomenon.

If we would be absolutely content, there would no longer be any progress, we would not be able to strive towards anything anymore, if anything, we should avoid being completely content like it is the plague itself.

Sure our problems may pale in comparison to the third world problems, but such is human nature. It is okay to feel discontent now and then, such is our new age evolution.

Live long and prosper. \\//_
    hey that's a good point.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

ndovjtjcaqidthi

This is new and exciting.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    This is new and exciting.
    haha shush
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Why is sushi the official meal of the first world? It's not even cooked!!!

figsfiggyfigs

I don't understand what you're referring to., the people making fun of others' posts or the people with the posts themselves. Either way, I think a lot of those posts are quite funny. I'm sure most of them weren't being serious.

garbage

Moral of the story: when happiness and contentment comes from outside of oneself, it looks pretty damn ridiculous.

There are two types of complaints in the article: the 'self-aware' and the .. well, not self-aware. They're entertaining for different reasons.

Also -- The iPad finger tweet is clearly sarcastic. But the full text of the iPad finger tweet makes it even more clear:
    I have a papercut on my iPad finger. Every tweet is agony, but i persist bravely. #middleclassproblems

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Now I mention 'first world problems' in comments like that. Because people will believe, all evidence to the contrary, that I am really that prissy and spoiled if I don't.
    I've deliberated over whether to clarify things like that or not. Not doing so tends to win out; as for me it separates the wheat (those who actually get me) from the chaff in my life--and I get the added benefit of having confused the hell out of the chaff.