MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    That glorious INFJ mind.
    Yeah. It's kinda sad, isn't it? I could daydream enough to pretend that I'm more interesting than I am or smarter or theoretical, but meh.

IME, Ne folks seem to be a lot better at daydreaming and imagination and I envy and admire that. Generally if my poor mind is left to it's own devices it just starts planning or figuring out how to tweak things to make my life easier. Nothing really cool. It's why I hate being bored and why I never leave home without a book.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Usually really boring stuff like the family budget or where I want to go on date night or what sex acts I want to engage in next time I have my husband naked and horizontal.
    Budgets can be fun though in that it's like winning at the game of Life. Tweaking it until it's perfect. It is a system after all and the payoff is extremely satisfying. Bolded what I did so you'd know why I'm high-fiving you right now, muh sistah.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I pretty much have ongoing novels/movies & characters in my head (often including real people too). I may choose to enter one of those worlds before I fall asleep, often using them as some venue to explore some real thing plaguing or enthralling me. I shift easily into dream doing this.

Daydreaming is not the word for me so much as "fantasize", there's too much desire in it to just be daydreaming. I fantasize a lot about some ideal version of myself & various lives I'd like to lead.

I LOL'd when another 4 I know said she fantasizes about WINNING a lot, and basically, I'd say that's true of me if you reduce it to the simplest desire. I fantasize about being a very highly developed person (extremely creative, brilliant, altruistic, etc), conquering/seducing others (whether sexual or not, but mostly so), and mastering all the stuff I'd like to master.

I think a lot about tragedy & severe emotional pain, not in a "what if" worrying sense, but just because it's intense. I used to work myself into tears when younger, just to FEEL something that strongly. It gives me a weird sense of being alive. I don't drift into sleep peacefully then; I kind of just suddenly knock out.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Generally about fictional characters in interesting situations.

I think in a way my daydreams are for me to let loose of Ne a bit without the need of Ti to be ever present. It is my world of the hypothetical, where I am free to think outside of the box that I have made for myself.

It serves both as a means to release tension as well as a means to broaden my already existing views by coming to new and improved discoveries without the need to follow standard protocol. It is a safe way to avoid the burocracy that is my Ti.
    Most closely matches what I think about. And I do think about making the fictional characters do naughty things.

@digesthisickness I also like to play with what-ifs. MMental chess, mental conversations and debates with myself about things of a philosophical nature or psychological nature.
    And like @nicolita I also think about all the things I could be talented in (but am not) and how awesomely different my experience with the world will be if I could do those things/be those things.

I also picture what my idealized "happy life" looks like. There are many versions.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I pretty much have ongoing novels/movies & characters in my head (often including real people too). I may choose to enter one of those worlds before I fall asleep, often using them as some venue to explore some real thing plaguing or enthralling me. I shift easily into dream doing this.

Daydreaming is not the word for me so much as "fantasize", there's too much desire in it to just be daydreaming. I fantasize a lot about some ideal version of myself & various lives I'd like to lead.

I LOL'd when another 4 I know said she fantasizes about WINNING a lot, and basically, I'd say that's true of me if you reduce it to the simplest desire. I fantasize about being a very highly developed person (extremely creative, brilliant, altruistic, etc), conquering/seducing others (whether sexual or not, but mostly so), and mastering all the stuff I'd like to master.

I think a lot about tragedy & severe emotional pain, not in a "what if" worrying sense, but just because it's intense. I used to work myself into tears when younger, just to FEEL something that strongly. It gives me a weird sense of being alive. I don't drift into sleep peacefully then; I kind of just suddenly knock out.
    I can relate to those thoughts. Especially when younger.

Nowadays, I don't seem to day dream or fantasize as much. When I do, I don't go as deep into it as I used to. Once upon a time though, I had my head in the clouds. I would imagine different worlds and characters when I was very young. I often imagined myself as a tiny person (maybe I watched too much smurfs), and living in the trees unbeknownst to the world. I also recall a long phase of imagining myself on a deserted island with only a few others. (Apparently I really wanted to escape the world.) And then I went into a romantic phase, wanting love and a lover. And the typical teenager stuff, like being a rock star or actress. As I got older, it became more about success and becoming my full potential. I imagined myself as a wanderer travelling the world, or an art teacher who created a rich home with a beautiful garden, or having amazing children and being an amazing mother. I'd imagine myself in various careers, such as being a doctor and travelling the world helping to treat those less fortunate, or being an anthropologist and working with interesting cultural groups. And then I had a long apocalyptic daydream phase. I imagined myself shaving my head all G.I. Jane style. I'd have to fend for my self. And as the world calmed, I became self sufficient farmer. I also have thoughts of what it would be like to be a wizard and how I would use magic. I've caught myself recently daydreaming about what it might be like to be an animagus (like in Harry Potter) and seriously thought about what animal I may change into and how it might be in those different bodies.

I wonder if my lack of daydreaming now is a sign of maturing and adjusting or becoming boring.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Being in a relationship, sex, fun places to have sex, fun sex positions, wedding, wedding kiss, my smile when I'm dancing at my wedding, my future husband, living in a beach town, magical dates, celebrating holidays, Pokemon coming to life, being sucked into a computer and becoming a Digidestined, exploring the world, seeing nature, being a pop star, spreading wings and flying, meeting Kelly Clarkson, becoming humanity's living symbol of hope, intense combat, future kids, fun things for my bucket list, seeing and swimming in true bright blue water, watching a meteor shower, lying on my death bed and dying with a smile after remembering the good times, and that's all I can flesh out atm.

I think these are all things I consistently think about at least once a week.

/Si framework
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Phantonym

The future. The "what if's". And it is thoroughly enjoyable.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Relationships and future fame.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    So I like to daydream, particularly when laying in bed before I fall asleep. However, I think my daydreams might make other people somewhat uncomfortable and concerned if I were to tell them about any of them. I guess I'm wondering if anyone else daydreams about any of the same things I do.

So what do you guys like to daydream about?
    So you want us to tell you what we daydream about, but you're not going to share your own? You disgust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    MURDER.
    REDRUM

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by RedruM View Post
    REDRUM