123 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Default A Day in the Life of You

What do you do from beginning to the end in your day?

I wake up between 6 and 7 and get the kids fed, dressed and off to school. It's usually absolute chaos. Sometimes I drive them, sometimes they take the bus. Then I head off to the gym for 1-2 hours, then its lunch time, nap time and pick up time (we also have a three year old at home who starts school in sept.) Homework, dinner then get ready for bed. I usually spend time in the evenings cleaning up and of course I faf around here throughout all of this. I head to bed around 11 and then it starts all over again. Pretty boring eh? ;P It's actually a lot more hectic than it sounds.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I wake up between 1 and 3 pm.
    Then I check internet stuff.
    Then I eat.
    Then I take a shower.
    Then I check internet stuff again.
    Then I leave before my parents get home.

This is where I go find a friend to do something with, or I hang around at a coffee shop or the library reading or writing.

Then I go home and waste the rest of the night away on the internet or listening to music unless John isn't offshore. Sometimes I hangout at his place until the wee hours of the night.

If you concluded that I don't have a job, you're right, and I really need to get one. If you concluded that I don't have a girlfriend, you're right, and I really need to get one.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

5 AM: Wake-up
    5:10-6:30: Jog/Shower/Make coffee
    6:40: Wake-up wife
    6:45: 7:40 - watch news; chitchat over breakfast
    7:45: Wife leaves for work
    8:15 - variable: stop by the office for mtgs; housework; gardening; errands
    5:30-11:00 PM: Wife returns; dinner; couple errands; watch tv
    11:00 - Wife goes to bed
    2:30-3:30AM - Bedtime

Splice in some natural flexibility. Come to think of it, this makes me look much more regimented than I am...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Right now, the alarm goes off at 4:30AM. I hit the snooze a few times, then drag my carcass out of bed, throw on a robe or something and go to my computer. I surf for 30 minutes, then realize I need to get my rear in gear. I hook up my iPod to make sure I've got podiobook episodes for the day and let it charge, I start the coffee and put some breakfast in the microwave, then get dressed. If I'm not getting short on time, I go back to my computer with my breakfast and eat, then I brush my teeth, secure my cell, keys, and iPod somewhere on my person and either go pick up my co-worker or wait on the porch for her to pick me up, usually between 5:30 and 5:40.

We get to work around 6:00AM where I help clean bathrooms, vacuum for a couple hours, then help clean windows and mirrors until 9:00AM.

We drive home, I eat some cereal with yogurt, then putter around until I feel tired, usually around noon. I sleep for a few hours, putter around, hang out with the kids, make something for supper my husband and the kids, unless they hate what I cooked and make something for themselves.

After supper, my husband and I go for a 30 minute walk, then he goes to bed. I putter around and surf for awhile, then I take melatonin, pop on my headphones and go to bed.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INXP

Schedule : flexible.
    Typical day : kinda random
    Type : NP
    Recommendation : Embrace your Pness.

MBTI
    EXXP

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    I wake up between 1 and 3 pm.
    Then I check internet stuff.
    Then I eat.
    Then I take a shower.
    Then I check internet stuff again.
    Then I leave before my parents get home.

This is where I go find a friend to do something with, or I hang around at a coffee shop or the library reading or writing.

Then I go home and waste the rest of the night away on the internet or listening to music unless John isn't offshore. Sometimes I hangout at his place until the wee hours of the night.

If you concluded that I don't have a job, you're right, and I really need to get one. If you concluded that I don't have a girlfriend, you're right, and I really need to get one.
    Hah, then quit picking on me about details. I don't have the time that you have, buddy! :steam:

My day is nuts from start to finish. A good portion of it is my fault though probably.

I fly by the seat of my pants throughout my entire day. It's a good thing my job really appreciates that mindset though.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    ISTx

Wake up between 5-6am, depending on the day. Go to work until roughly 4:30pm. Get off work - check internet, listen to music, watch movies, day dream, eat, shower, sleep.

Something like that anyways.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

The most "typical" day could be laid out as follows:

6:30AM - Alarm goes off
    7:00AM - Somehow I get out of bed
    7:00-7:30AM - Either surf the net or do some kind of jogging/elliptical trainer exercise
    7:30-7:45AM - Breakfast, usually. Sometimes I skip this or sometimes I do it 7-730. Surf the internet at the same time.
    7:45-8:10AM - Shower/etc.
    8:10-9:40AM - Drive to work
    9:40-11:00AM - Catch up on email, take care of any immediate problems, catch up on news sites, catch up on this site. Meetings on occasion.
    11:00AM-1:00PM - Combination of work & lunch
    1:00-5:30PM - More work, sometimes very slow (as my body is naturally inclined to become sleepy in the afternoon). There are often afternoon meetings to attend.
    5:30-7:00PM - Drive home
    7:00-9:00PM - Combination of dinner, surfing the internet, and doing whatever else I care about (tonight I hiked the La-Ho trail again after dinner)
    9:00-11:00PM - Surf the internet and/or chill with one of my roommates (who's usually home around then, or coming home)
    ~11:00PM-12:30AM - Go to sleep

Today (I am "on call" this week FYI, ending tomorrow at 5PM):
    ~10PM yesterday to 3:00AM today - Work on work-related issue from home (a piece of hardware failed and I was running interference with the vendor while they fixed it; lots of phone, email & AIM tag)
    3:00-4:30AM - Sleep
    4:30-5:00AM - Technical Support dude woke me up to look at some false alarm error he was getting paged with. Went back to sleep.
    5:00-7:30AM - Sleep, waking up briefly to cancel the alarm clock
    7:30-8:30AM - Check work email, fix some minor side issue related to the hardware fault earlier, notify my boss I'll be in late, eat breakfast
    8:30-10:00AM - Actually get some sleep!!! (including REM!)
    10:00-11:00AM - Shower, install my new summer windshield/windscreen on my motorcycle, gear up and head out
    11:00AM-12:15PM - Ride to work
    12:15-5:30PM - Do work, or some similar facsimile thereof
    5:30-7:00PM - Ride home
    7:00-7:45PM - Dinner/lounge around on the internet
    7:45-8:45PM - Hike the La-Ho trail
    8:45-9:15PM - Goof around on mbtic reading/posting :-)
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, I'm sure by now everyone knows how pathetic I am, so I'll just get this over with:
    • Wake up
    • Urinate
    • Boot up computer
    • Internet
    • Shower
    • Internet
    • Dinner
    • Sleep
    I rarely keep track of the time.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Typical day for Jennifer

7:30am - Alarm beep beep beep beep beep beeps *SMASH*
    8:10am - I leave late for work
    8:30am - I arrive late for work
    8:31am - I check for fresh coffee; if not, I make it and then come back in a minute to get some.
    8:35am-9am - I skim e-mail and forum posts
    9am-12pm - I do work and skim forum posts and feel guilty because sometimes those two are reversed, well, most of the time, well.... I won't say anymore in case it'll be held against me. (I also get coffee a number of times, + usually talk to Janice somewhere in there)
    noon-1pm - I read forum posts, write PMs, and do whatever else I need to, and eat lunch simultaneously
    1pm - 5pm - I work and do same old same old

nights with kids
    5:30pm - Pick up all the kids, take them home, hang out, do work around house, make dinner etc.
    9-11pm - Go home somewhere in there.
    11pm-mid/1am - Read e-mails/forums and answer PMs.

Nights without kids
    5:30pm-6:15pm - I work out in the gym a few times/week
    6:30pm - get home, make dinner, change clothes
    7pm - either hang out at the apartment until bed, or I go out somewhere
    10:39pm - stick pins in martoon voodoo doll
    10:44pm - dunk delilah voodoo doll in vaseline and throw her at the wall until I get bored
    10:47pm - Burn MacG voodoo doll and laugh insanely
    12mid-1am - I finally go to bed.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft