First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont need to see people everyday but I dont know why anyone wouldnt want to see their friends everyday, I do have "down time" away from people but I count that in hours or parts of the day rather than complete days.

I find it a bit strange that people want so little interaction time with friends, I could understand that this is how people would feel about colleagues, acquaintences, associates, not anyone who deserves the title of friend though.
    I was thinking more like "extensive" going out like spending 4-5 hours together going somewhere.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I was just teasing you

Well, Fe gonna do what it gonna do anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I find it a bit strange that people want so little interaction time with friends, I could understand that this is how people would feel about colleagues, acquaintences, associates, not anyone who deserves the title of friend though.
    I think similarly.

Those who I'd consider to be 'friends' are those I'd like to at least talk to on a regular basis--say, four-ish times a week. Often, seeing them every day isn't possible due to schedule or energy constraints. I'm personally also a fan of some alone time (though, that also ties into both schedule and energy constraints).

On another note -- I don't particularly have acquaintances anymore. Not worth the upkeep. I don't 'get' them. That makes me the worst Fe-man on the planet, perhaps. The rest of those I interact with are 'people with whom I share some common objective or interest,' such as coworkers or other members of organizations.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I would probably be more interested in friends if I didn't already share a room with somebody and a house with him, fifteen and seventeen year old boys, and eighteen and twenty year old girls. And a nearly-grown miniature schnauzer with separation anxiety.

I am beyond grateful and pleased to have a convivial relationship with my children and my husband is my sun and stars, but "Hey Mom!" and "Honey?" begin a lot of sentences around here. For a very introverted person, that does not leave a lot left over for non-essential personnel.

Not to mention that the dog shoots through my bedroom door, bounds from the cedar chest onto my bed and must be touching me at all times, if someone happens to open my bedroom door more than four inches.

So as it is now, once every week or two for a couple of hours is about all I can imagine managing hanging out with friends.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

One or two days, as I already do, but I'm not bonded very deep with any of these people. If I was, it might be different, but from experience, not by that much.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I was thinking more like "extensive" going out like spending 4-5 hours together going somewhere.
    Hmm, even that'd be fine for me.

This is how I know I'm an extrovert, I'm on the boarder line in any assessments which I take and do definitely go through phases where I'm more introverted than not, cant be bothered with particular people or demanding people and prefer to write, read and think by myself but at the bottom what you're talking about is something I'd enjoy, wouldnt find draining and could actually give me a total boost.

I know there's subtexts about alcohol, sex and cheating but the best movie to shine a light on this I've seen lately is Sideways, one character is a total introvert and wants to just spend time with the one friend, indulge his interests in wine, the other is a total and utter social butterfly, I mean way worse than me, and strikes up relationships and seduces virtually every woman he speaks to.

I love spending time with people and talking to them and just being in their company for as long as I can, if I like them, of the one or two introverts that are dear to me and I've spent time with they've told me it doesnt drain them but I know it probably does. They're good about it though and I dont do a lot of crazy shit like table dancing or crowd surfing or anything like that, rarely do that these days anyway but at uni I was really like that. At university I was like that and its probably why I went to uni so many times (two seperate campus' of one but two unis in all) but the reactions from people are pretty black and white, either "cool, I like this guy" or "Fuck sake, he is fucking Hitler, I must stop him somehow or history will repeat itself".

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post

Well, Fe gonna do what it gonna do anyway

I think similarly.

Those who I'd consider to be 'friends' are those I'd like to at least talk to on a regular basis--say, four-ish times a week. Often, seeing them every day isn't possible due to schedule or energy constraints. I'm personally also a fan of some alone time (though, that also ties into both schedule and energy constraints).

On another note -- I don't particularly have acquaintances anymore. Not worth the upkeep. I don't 'get' them. That makes me the worst Fe-man on the planet, perhaps. The rest of those I interact with are 'people with whom I share some common objective or interest,' such as coworkers or other members of organizations.
    Well, I think I've not had a close friend in anything between seven and ten years now, I've had one good friend but he left the fucking country, I was over the moon about that and my closest friends have moved away to do their own thing with their own families in the city, I've seen them a lot less than would be my choice but realistically I hate to think I'm intruding when I call around to see them and it feels like too much planning has to go into just calling up for a few beers (not on my side, I dont mind making plans but theirs).

My dating career in that time has been pretty sporadic and short lived each time, for an extrovert I've been told this is all bogus and probably totally against type, which is fine, you cant have water if there's no oasis if you know what I mean.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    Let's go out!
    And so the great adventure begins - up, out, and away we go!

One of my favorite websites in its opening lines reads: The Journey is an exploration of being, especially of its nature, depth, variety, and possibilities.

your resident asshole

Ehhhh....friends seem like a lot of work. I'll stick with my current situation. There's enough crap as it is.

Phantonym

I'd say it probably ranges from 0 to 3. Depends on the friends, the activities, how much time I have available, and my mood. Being around extroverts can be really energizing, so much so that I can seem like one myself. Whereas, introverts are calming. Or we can influence each other in different ways for a number of reasons.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

4-5.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge