User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default How many times do people walk into you?

How often do people walk into you? I dont even mean when you're walking at speed along a sidewalk or crossing the road at a crossing when the lights change or anything, those are annoying enough things, but when you're standing stationary in a supermarket or somewhere and it actually takes whoever walks into you three steps or more to make contact with you?

This happens to me a lot, tis part of what bothers me going out to the shops or into public places, although its perhaps something unique to my part of the world, I think this place has more learning disabilities, phyiscal disabilities and intellectually challenged individuals per head of population to anywhere else outside of troubled parts of Africa or something, or perhaps even to me but I dont think so.

I see shows about how people, groups, crowds operate at a certain level of consciousness or awareness at which the subconscious or unconscious or habit is the greatest behavioural lever, so you have patterns which quickly emerge and from which no one deviates in traversing large, open spaces in train stations or the like. So despite there being massive amounts of space to move in people, groups, crowds confine themselves to a smaller space, like dumb herd animals and pin ball off one another.

So, in highly unscientific manner, I decided to take a poll of members to see if this something which has happened to them too.

I can't recall a single instance, but I'm sure it has happened once or twice.

Ginkgo

People don't walk into me. I live in a spacious, but rapidly growing area. If someone did walk into me, I would be more inclined to chalk it up to physical circumstances such as body type and fields of vision than I would be to chalk it up to "learning disabilities". Even people with below average IQs tend to possess self-preservational muscle memory.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Never that I can recall.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

:shrugs: Nope, doesn't happen often.

Flying bugs however, are another story.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Oftenish, but I occasionally I see people coming and I like to walk straight on and see if they move, sometimes they don't. Mostly my fault.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I probably run into people more than they run into me. I rush around a lot and am usually distracted in some way. Not a lot of actual contact though, more like near brushes around corners.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

That's.....peculiar.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Rarely. I'm way more likely to be the perpetrator.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

It happens yeah, some sidewalks here are really small and germans don't like to get out of the way first if you're on the same trajectory, thus I sometimes just willingly go straight and we crush.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp