User Tag List

Default It is one of these days that make me really happy.

I started listening to a song I have no fluency in (I liked the beat... and the music felt like it had some meaning)... only to find out that it is about the meaning of family and the meaning of a home. How a family, no matter the stakes, love you in one form or another (even in the bad times)... and that a home is a place for you and your family. That no matter what hardships you, or a family member, go through, to not forget about the good times either. It makes me think of that sappiness people feel when watching a Disney/Pixar film.

And with that, I drop a line...

It could be worse.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

That's lovely.

Families... they can be a pain... but often even when everyone else is gone, family is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    That's lovely.

Families... they can be a pain... but often even when everyone else is gone, family is still there.
    My sentiments exactly. With all said and done, no matter the situation, the people that are always there for me is my family

Gosh, this makes me think of Lilo and Stitch

"Ohana means family... and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten"

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I'm glad your family can make you feel good like that. I don't really have a connection to my family. I'm really missing out I suppose.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    My sentiments exactly. With all said and done, no matter the situation, the people that are always there for me is my family

Gosh, this makes me think of Lilo and Stitch

"Ohana means family... and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten"

Yeah. It's kind of a double-edged sword that family isn't chosen. On one hand, you can't choose your family: they might be pretty crazy by your standards, or just really incompatible with your personality, or present when you really don't want them. On the other hand, you can't choose your family: they're bonds that can be ignored or distanced, but can't be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade
    I'm glad your family can make you feel good like that. I don't really have a connection to my family. I'm really missing out I suppose.
    In some ways maybe... but I think also some people (me) really desire close family relationships and that makes them really happy, while others place less emphasis on it. My ISFJ doesn't seem to place nearly as much emphasis on his family relationships, even though I know he values being on good terms with his family and loves his family members.

But I think blood... family... you could always look those people up and say "Hi I'm ____ and I'm related to you by ____", and it's something. Maybe they wouldn't want to pursue a connection but probably they'd be willing to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Awww, close people could be considered family. Or really, my parents practically have honorary family and relatives (because we've known them for so long.)

It's a different way of seeing things, really. There are certainly trade-offs to living one way or another. No matter what age you become, you will always have a certain role to your family (whether good or bad.) And with a family, the need to tolerate other people's behavior (even if you want to smack your older sibling alongside the head, or something of that sort.) Extended families, and families in general, can help you financially and emotionally, but it's a sore when you want alone time and independence.

I lived in a prototype of an extended family when I was little(family and relatives lived just a walk away from another, but we had our separate homes.) Because of that, today, most of my family and relatives still live a drive away.

@Rail Tracer... what was the song?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.