User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Her "problems" are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Know how many people live in poverty? Currently unemployed and about to lose the house? Struggle with the loss of a loved one? Wrongly convicted or recently fired because they are a minority?

These are real life ADULT problems in America.
    This girl is just an insufferable cunt.

If she wishes to be a miserable failure of a human being in lieu of the privileges she no doubt enjoys, that is her burden and nobody elses. There is no "global conspiracy" to make her feel like "less of a person". If genuine real world issues began to affect her--she would be crushed by the weight of the situation. And she would deserve it, too.

Clueless self-important hipster white fucks.

Grow up.
    you do realize you are ranting and thereby showing how this girl is your giant problem in your life which therefore making your entire "argument" null and void, right?

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

You are giving her far too much credit.
    She's a convenient wet dog for me to kick.

ReflecTcelfeR

Do I think someone with mental disorder should launch a website; which, could directly effect and allow others on the internet to tamper with her psyche? No.

Have I any right to either stop her or encourage degradation of her self-worth? No.

It is hard for me to tell whether or not her aggression towards her tormenters is a defense against a delusion or an offense against them, I imagine this isn't the first time she has been ridiculed for her opinions and it is impossible to believe that it will be the last. However, I have to say that it doesn't seem like an intelligent decision, or completely rational to believe that she, in her position specifically, will garner many sympathetic responses, let alone empathetic responses because of her perceived "privileges" compared to her complaints.

All-in-all, though only seeing a small sample size of feedback, to me, she was not ready to combat her antagonizers.

Fighting fire with fire never works. "Something about a solution never being the thing which caused the problem." - that smart guy

But in the end leave the woman to her rights, they are hers .

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't have a lot of *real* problems right now. I'm very fortunate. I know and care about people with real problems and have had real problems myself. I have always hoped and aspired to allow any difficulties I or people I care about face to make me more empathetic to the suffering of others, not dismissive of it.

Maybe this young woman needs to better be able to put things into perspective. It's possible. But who am I to say she doesn't feel legitimate emotional pain? I've experienced some very minor disorientation with my body size both when I was pregnant and now that I've put on some middle-aged weight, but I've never felt like I was in the wrong body or that my body was misshapen and foreign. It sounds like it would really suck.

I've benefited from being a petite, at least average-looking white woman my whole life. I grew up poor and have been poor or close to it most of my life, but my family loved me and treated me kindly. I haven't always been aware of the benefits and I probably still do not completely grasp the degree to which I benefit from things I did little or nothing to have. Being aware of not always understanding what other people are going though, but making an effort to believe them when they describe their experiences is something I also try to do. For example, the lady I clean for is loaded. Like, she can just write a check to pay for her son's house in Florida, but she has lost both her husband and her daughter, so I would not trade places with her for anything.

If the gal with body issues was talking about how she suffers because her taxes are too high or because she is white, then I'd think she was pretty full of it, but the whole damn internet is *full* of those people. Just like there are guys and Christians who think they are being persecuted. This is just some poor, disturbed person trying to work out what she's going through and find others for support. I'm not saying it's not overwrought and annoying, but my God, there are people out there truly doing bad things to other people. I wish all they were doing was being pathetic on Tumblr. The world would be much, much better place if they were.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Christians are being persecuted. There's a holiday that celebrates devil worship at the end of this month. This is what happens when people beLIEve in EVILoution... they celebrate HELLoween in the month of AWFtober.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Christians are being persecuted. There's a holiday that celebrates devil worship at the end of this month.
    Maybe everyone should throw candy at us to make us feel better. I'd like chocolate. None of those nasty peanut butter things stuck to orange wax paper, if you please.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Peanut butter was invented by demons, because it sucks. Therefore, the fact that so many peanut butter containing candies are available on Halloween is proof that Halloween is demonic.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Peanut butter was invented by demons, because it sucks. Therefore, the fact that so many peanut butter containing candies are available on Halloween is proof that Halloween is demonic.
    The bad thing is, if you were a televangelist on TBN, my mom just might believe you.
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    The trouble with this dx is that EDNOS is akin to IBS (irritable bowel disorder). It's like saying, we think something's wrong, but who knows why?
    Yeah, but the main point of an IBS diagnosis* is to determine what its not.....its useful to rule out serious diseases with many of the same chronic symptoms (colon cancer, kidney/liver/gallbladder diseases, etc), especially for high frequency symptomatic conditions like IBS; EDNOS sounds like a much less useful diagnosis in practice.

*Recently diagnosed, and right on chronological schedule.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Yeah, but the main point of an IBS diagnosis* is to determine what its not.....its useful to rule out serious diseases with many of the same chronic symptoms (colon cancer, kidney/liver/gallbladder diseases, etc), especially for high frequency symptomatic conditions like IBS; EDNOS sounds like a much less useful diagnosis in practice.

*Recently diagnosed, and right on chronological schedule.
    Agreed; not a perfect apples to apples, but it was the best comparison I could think of in the moment.

Sorry you've been having digestion issues. 15 years of IBS for me turned out to be celiac disease. Something to keep in mind for you, have you been tested for it?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching