User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Heh. The internet was tolerable before all of these pretentious hipster tumblr fucks showed up in droves.
    In MY day we had geocities fan pages to jello and the objects that could be inserted therein. We were lucky to find new fangled music in em pea tree format on Irc chat and FTP sites.

We also connected via phone lines that went, wait for it, TO. THE. WALL. VIA. A. CORD.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The cliché idea that privilege awareness is gonna solve inequality problems is very annoying.

Most people find fat people unattractive, period.

A shitload of thin privilege awareness is not gonna change that, tough maybe they could score some extra pity fucks.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

figsfiggyfigs

Shes really not that thin either(5'6" @135lb). She's quite average so she doesn't have a "thin privileged body".

I thought thin privilege was only really considered for those 120lb and down?

I'm new to this, clearly.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Its not about class or privilege. It's about being uneducated and dumb.

Last time I checked, this was about fat people having the right to be humans treated with respect, not about them being fuckable. I am pretty sure when someone is starving to death or making themselves vomit until their teeth began to decay, they were thinking about sex. Did Karen Carpenter die because of lack of pity fucks, give me a goddamn break.

Furthermore, plenty of non-skinny people who aren't really fat either get plenty of attention. Lots of men like thick women who are not obese, and there are men called bears for a reason.

Why am I even trying to explain this to idiots? Time to get off the internet.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

This has to do with fat acceptance, not thin privilege.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

It is amazing that people will use whatever perceived bit of power/weakness in order to dehumanise a living being to an object; to make it easier to deal with it in a way, as respecting someone's boundaries, free will and therefore having to deal with a complex being costs energy and attention. Not to mention the perks of power delirium and the freebee of an approved frustration release valve, of course.

Slavery, racism, animal exploitation, human trafficking, and of course in the minor leagues: bullying, fat shaming, slut shaming, you name it.

Cost - benefit analysis + abusive power base building, stamped and approved by society with its current perspective on the world.

Wonderful.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Actually I am in therapy and do not have NPD. I don't think she does either. I don't know how you get narcissism out of severe body dysmorphia. She probably has had therapy if she realizes the privilege of actually being thin in our society. She sounds fairly self aware. You on the other hand seem badly educated about eating disorders, body dysmorphia and cultural perception of weight, particularly what women experience.
    being thin is not a "privilege". it's something you get from diet and exercise. looking like Jillian Michaels of Patrick Bateman takes lots of work
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Marcie eerily reminds me of Salomé. It is her fierceness that saves the blog from complete silliness.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    being thin is not a "privilege". it's something you get from diet and exercise. looking like Jillian Michaels of Patrick Bateman takes lots of work
    Jillian Michaels is not every.mans (or womans) dream girl. To.make this about sex is a logical fallacy, and Patrick Bateman was a miserable narcissist. Some "fit"" people are actually naturally thin or even lean towards underweight due to ectomorphic body type, through no congratulations of their own...in some societies, chubbiness is prized, thin people sexually or socially ridiculed. It's a lot of social conditioning.

To use her as an example, because she is long dead and won't be hurt, Karen Carpenter was a pretty, average size pear shaped woman. She had hips, but was not obese. One review calling her the chubby sister drove her to death. She looked like an AIDS victim when she died. Do you not see the connection between this and unnecessary fat shaming?

Fat or thin has little to do with sex, unless you are severely obese or lack confidence. This is about total human worth. And body dysmorphia is not about lack of discipline.

Even some men have it. I know someone very intimately who basically used to push me to do this and that, and I found out he did even worse to himself. He was an exercise addict who wanted to work out even when his back went out.

No thanks to people saying things like you just said.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    This has to do with fat acceptance, not thin privilege.

It's debatable how much of a privilege it is, when catwalk models die from eating tissues for dinner, one of my proudest moments in life was at nineteen being told to stop dieting because I was too thin...and I was snorting cocaine that summer, and Marilyn Monroe had a serious struggle with her weight, though considered a sex object, she gained weight to not be forced to take a role, was called fat in the famous white bathing suit photo shoot, her weight fluctuated and was mostly controlled by low carb diets, then she committed suicide at 36.

Is being thin or hot a privilege really? I don't know. But people who struggle with their weight certainly have a harder time than the effortlessly slender, in our particular culture, particularly for women.