User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah, this thread went right where I expected, I just thought it would take 15-20 posts instead.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Stansmith

Seems like she's in a NiTi loop.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    The author is absolutely psychotic, for starters.
    I don't think what she's experiencing is psychosis. It's also not terribly uncommon. Something like this is what happens to people with eating disorders: they perceive themselves to be much larger than they are, if I understand correctly.

Thin privilege does exist. I suppose compact car parking spaces could be attributed to it, but it seems a bit of a stretch to me. But there are a lot of things on the internet that seem like a stretch to me and, generally, it's not a big deal.

I am not an adept Tumblr user, but I'm pretty sure much, much crazier and reprehensible stuff can be found there.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Actually I am in therapy and do not have NPD. I don't think she does either. I don't know how you get narcissism out of severe body dysmorphia. She probably has had therapy if she realizes the privilege of actually being thin in our society. She sounds fairly self aware. You on the other hand seem badly educated about eating disorders, body dysmorphia and cultural perception of weight, particularly what women experience.
    The fuck would I care?
    Quit whining.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The fuck would I care?
    Quit whining.
    Well, for starters you don't know what body dysmorphia is, don't understand that pathological narcissism includes a distinctive lack of empathy for other people, and throw around the word psychotic too loosely.

Perhaps you are the one who needs therapy.

Ginkgo

^ That was unexpected.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Well, for starters you don't know what body dysmorphia is, don't understand that pathological narcissism includes a distinctive lack of empathy for other people, and throw around the word psychotic too loosely.

Perhaps you are the one who needs therapy.
    I know the stench of middle-class white elitism. And this reeks of it. Ugh.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I know the stench of middle-class white elitism. And this reeks of it. Ugh.
    Im working class. You are the one who began personally insulting me, so I guess you are trolling or don't know how ridiculous you sound.

Anew Leaf

Heh. The internet was tolerable before all of these pretentious hipster tumblr fucks showed up in droves.
    In MY day we had geocities fan pages to jello and the objects that could be inserted therein. We were lucky to find new fangled music in em pea tree format on Irc chat and FTP sites.

We also connected via phone lines that went, wait for it, TO. THE. WALL. VIA. A. CORD.