User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I've seen some dumb crap on this forum but it's like it has turned into warring factions of douchebaggery.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    That's always the case. Because most people are incapable of setting aside their personal issues with someone to impartially examine the bigger picture. The petty-minded are always itching to make things personal. It's not about me and it's disingenuous of you to jump on that band-wagon. But then being disingenuous is something I've long noted in you so it doesn't surprise me. I've also noticed that you're much happier to give men the benefit of the doubt than women, even really pretty despicable men who end up getting permabanned for their behaviour, but are flirting partners so you look the other way. It's funny that you think this makes you some kind of moral paragon, but people are full of delusions. Check your own prejudices Amargith, we both know you're not as innocent as you like to pretend you are.
    Ive never claimed to be a paragon, nor innocent. Those that consider me innocent, in fact, are informed to think again.

I don't really have any issues with you, other than the occasional frustration that flares up when we butt heads in a thread. And I have told you I appreciate your insights on more than one occasion. I meant it. I also know that you tend to appreciate raw honesty, and hell, that was all this was. I made it very clear in all of this that it was just my opinion. It was meant as honest feedback, because I do support your cause. How could I not?

I've never flirted with you, nor had an amicable relationship with you, and yet have given you the same kind of slack and breaks I gave the men you're referring to. Ive more than once engaged you in a discussion, ignoring personal insults, in an attempt to understand where you were coming from. As I said, I use a grayscale. i don't think of these things as black and white. While I certainly would enjoy an amicable relationship with you, I'm well aware that aint in the cards any time soon, and Im more than ok with that. So no, my tolerance is not motivated by those parameters. And I tell all the people I talk to, including you, that I don't agree with behaviors which clearly harm others. Ask around. I just dont see the point of doing it in a hostile way, if it can be avoided, is all.

This isn't about personal vendettas. It is about methodology. Your methodology is very close to that of the person you are making an example out of. The only difference is presumably the motivation aka the cause. And that's why you and your methods became the topic, instead of the topic you were hoping to turn it to.

Anycase, this conversation seems to have run its course.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

I am white and believe I have fur and claws and play in the cold and snow. Whaddya'll make of that?

People can truly be an ignorants. The person clearly has a mental illness. Viewing your body like this is often a side effect of an eating disorder. How can people judge when they don't know anything about the person?

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

*eating popcorn*

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    and then I closed the internet.
    Are you DJ Arendee from youtube?
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    It is amazing that people will use whatever perceived bit of power/weakness in order to dehumanise a living being to an object; to make it easier to deal with it in a way, as respecting someone's boundaries, free will and therefore having to deal with a complex being costs energy and attention. Not to mention the perks of power delirium and the freebee of an approved frustration release valve, of course.

Slavery, racism, animal exploitation, human trafficking, and of course in the minor leagues: bullying, fat shaming, slut shaming, you name it.

Cost - benefit analysis + abusive power base building, stamped and approved by society with its current perspective on the world.

Wonderful.
    That is a structure I commonly see that feels like a dagger to my heart every time it comes to my mind.

I have no idea what is right and wrong anymore, but I'm pretty sure dehumanizing others is pure evil. I wouldn't want it done to me, so why should we put up with others doing it to others? Why not beef up our therapy programs and get people to increase the ambient love field?

Regardless, you seem to be very wise.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    That is a structure I commonly see that feels like a dagger to my heart every time it comes to my mind.

I have no idea what is right and wrong anymore, but I'm pretty sure dehumanizing others is pure evil. I wouldn't want it done to me, so why should we put up with others doing it to others? Why not beef up our therapy programs and get people to increase the ambient love field?

Regardless, you seem to be very wise.
    Unfortunately, things are not that simple. It is a complex problem as fixing this kind of issue requires the person to be ready for it - like giving up an addiction, it can only come from them. And that takes time, hardship, and a breaking point or a life lesson learned.

And we should put up with some of it as this kind of issue tends to stem from fear or pain. Different people react differently to those impulses, and some unfortunately transform it into anger in order for it to become actionable and not feel powerless or helpless against this vague feeling of despair. Others attack themselves internally and isolate themselves in shame of who they are to then get stuck in a negative spiral leading to depression. Most of them don't even realise that this pain is a part of them as it has always been there. It becomes second nature.

Then there are some are lucky enough to have had the tools they needed taught to them, or were able to develop them while growing up, be aware of what is going on and are able to face their fears and use them in a constructive way.

There is nothing quite like fear or pain to bypass all our brainpower and connect straight to our survival instinct and reptilian brain. It's almost like a knee-jerk reaction, which means that it can be hard to turn off or ignore. And unfortunately, like any dis-ease, it can infect others. In this case, it causes pain and fear in others due to the behaviour. And this the cycle continues.

It is not about being evil. It's about being in pain, from what I've seen. And that pain needs an escape valve, a way to release the pressure from time to time.

Containment without isolation as usually treatment is only possible when the person is ready is the million dollar question in addressing this problem.

* note: I'm no licensed psychologist, this is purely based on what I've observed in people.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought maybe it was about typoc.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    When I saw the title of this thread, I thought maybe it was about typoc.
    It is, haven't you read this thread?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf