User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Something to keep in mind for you, have you been tested for it?
    Not unless it was part of the standard blood test screening; thanks for tip, I'll ask my doctor about it during my follow-up in four months.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    You are giving her far too much credit.
    She's a convenient wet dog for me to kick.
    But you think she is the narcissist?

Mmhmm.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    She feels like she is a fat person in a skinny person's body. As a result, she feels the effects of fat-shaming, even though she isn't physically fat. She also feels as though society's focus on thinness makes it more difficult for her to bring her physical self into alignment with her perceived self.

I think she's a little out there but certainly not single-handedly ruining the internet.
    I agree that the OP's mental state is of a much more toxic nature than that of the latest woman he has chosen to "kick like a wet dog", but still... Her claim makes as much sense as you claiming to feel oppressed because you're a black person in a white person's skin. Or you're a paraplegic in an able-bodied person's body.
    It would be beyond senseless to accept those claims on face value. It would be insulting to people who genuinely experience such hardships or the effects of discrimination arising therefrom. By co-opting the language of oppressed groups, she trivialises and distorts into grotesque parody what are legitimate grievances and inequities.

Blogging about her body dysmorphia is one thing - but to claim to be some kind of victim of discrimination, because of a condition she has only ever imagined she has - no, I don't think empathy is called for here. I think she needs a reality check, and lots of therapy.

It doesn't justify the OP's violently misogynistic language, though, by no means.

But we all know that misogyny is celebrated here. In all its sparkling diversity. Despite an overwhelming majority voting that it not be tolerated. So I guess it's all good.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I was with you Salome until you opened the discussion up to your personal issue with the forum. Everyone's got an agenda.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I make no apologies for mine. It's not hidden. Nor is it "personal".

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

This got boring kinda fast.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I make no apologies for mine. It's not hidden. Nor is it "personal".
    of course. its an impersonal observation! i'm sure your background in feminism doesn't inform that opinion. Hey, I dont know. Maybe I'm wrong, but you say there was a majority vote was made and you still here saying it's not a personal opinion.
    Oh, its
    You

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I agree that the OP's mental state is of a much more toxic nature than that of the latest woman he has chosen to "kick like a wet dog", but still... Her claim makes as much sense as you claiming to feel oppressed because you're a black person in a white person's skin. Or you're a paraplegic in an able-bodied person's body.
    It would be beyond senseless to accept those claims on face value. It would be insulting to people who genuinely experience such hardships or the effects of discrimination arising therefrom. By co-opting the language of oppressed groups, she trivialises and distorts into grotesque parody what are legitimate grievances and inequities.

Blogging about her body dysmorphia is one thing - but to claim to be some kind of victim of discrimination, because of a condition she has only ever imagined she has - no, I don't think empathy is called for here. I think she needs a reality check, and lots of therapy.

It doesn't justify the OP's violently misogynistic language, though, by no means.

But we all know that misogyny is celebrated here. In all its sparkling diversity. Despite an overwhelming majority voting that it not be tolerated. So I guess it's all good.
    Exactly how has OP been misogynistic?

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Yeah...OP seems normal to me.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Yeah...OP seems normal to me.
    ... But you are OP.