User Tag List

First 4567 Last

In our country we actually don't dressed up as anything. In our country halloween is the time of the year when we go to cemeteries to honor the memory of our death loved ones, we light up candles and lot of people pray for the spirits to find peace. Our pretty important tradition is the candle march, when people go to streets with light up candles and remember and think in spiritual atmoshpere.

MBTI
    INTP

Basically, I associate it with morbid fun; it was just behind Christmas as my favorite holiday during childhood, and is probably responsible for my love of horror movies.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's my favorite holiday. I have always loved horror movies and fall, and my grandfather's wife always made a huge deal of it, I had elaborate homemade costumes and we always had pumpkins and gourds on bales of hay in the yard, carved pumpkins, went to haunted houses. I won a costume contest when I was ten at a bank.

It reminds me of some of the best moments of my teens. I just love fall and seasonal foods and spices, the mystery and the occult, I even went through a thoroughly obnoxious pagan phase in my teens. Not that being a pagan is obnoxious but I swear I was at sixteen.

I always celebrate Halloween. I will frighten children or go to a party or have a horror marathon, some thing.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    Candy!!! I don't like that I'm supposed to dress slutty and nobody gives me candy bc I'm too old.
    I swear to you I put on a mask and went trick or treating last year. The trick is to take children along, go to upscale neighborhoods where a ton of people are congregating (last year we were in this neighborhood where rich people were showing classic horror on old Hollywood reels in the front yard, and at one end they were doing dance routines to Thriller etc)...even in smaller places upper middle class neighborhood, other people's children, and a mask is your ticket to candyland. No one will argue with you.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Americans, like the rest of us, make the distinction between good and bad, but the emphasis is different.

So Americans make the distinction between sincere and phoney, where sincere is good and phoney is bad.

Whereas we don't make that distinction, rather we make the same distinction between amusing and boring, where amusing is good and boring is bad. And we have a saying that the Queen is not amused.

So while Americans are being good by being sincere, they appear to us as painfully boring.

And while Australians are being good by being amusing, we appear to Americans as pathetically insincere.
    Halloween is a time when Americans are generous. Even working class people open their doors to the small children of strangers. It's a begging holiday, and when people go all out, it brings other people great joy without cash profit in mind (well at least not for the home owners, but sure for the candy and costume sellers).

Halloween is fun. It's one of the rare times American people acknowledge death openly, too.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Not really into it anymore. Although I do love the fall/autumn season. Thanksgiving, though, I can get into.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

garbage

Creative costumes and huge parties.

Didn't have time to participate this year

A friend's birthday.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Slutty costumes.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Dressing up in costume, scary movies, Jack-o-Lanterns, hot apple cider, haunted hayrides...

I like dressing up in costume. Scary movies I could do without. We watched The Conjuring last night and it was, unfortunately, a thoroughly unpleasant experience.

I usually like handing out candy too, but this year I think we've decided to hide in the basement and pretend we're not home. The reason for that is that our new(ish) dog barks like crazy anytime someone comes to the door, and we don't want to deal with that every 5 seconds.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/