Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I am. It may be pretty huge, but it's not as well developed as it would have been had I not suppressed it. That is, not as consciously functional. Presently, because of lots of work on my part, I think the middle two functions are pretty equal and can switch positions with ease. But historically I've been extreme in both directions. And fwiw there are two sides to it; I recently got a rep comment saying I seem like an INTP.
    Personally (assuming you are a P), I think that INFP would make a lot more sense for your type than INTP would.

But wait, what about Ti - doesn't both INFJ and INTP use Ti (as you might think)!? Well, let's shift perspectives here and talk about ISTPs in relation to ISFJs and ISFPs. I bet that that at least 9 out of 10 ISTPs would relate better to ISFP than ISFJ, despite how ISFJs and ISTPs both use Ti.

Certainly there's many more things to factor than simply cognitive function comparisons. I'll let you reason the rest out.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I would still do it.

It gives me a vocabulary for understanding myself. Sometimes I do think that it might make me stereotype other people too much, but it's definitely useful for myself.

Maybe Fi types tend not to like it because they feel like they don't need it.

It's an explanation for something that was bugging me, which is why I feel so damn weird. I didn't seem to get that from more established psychology, despite its uses. It lets me breathe, and reminds me that I'm not a special snowflake, which is actually what I want, at least in terms of self-concept. Understanding others becomes not so impossible once I understand that I'm actually like them.

So people going... no, it's stupid, because people are individuals and are all different, it just makes me roll my eyes. I doubt they truly believe that no one has anything in common. I'm not sure why people want a world where no one has anything in common... how is communication even possible in that world?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Personally (assuming you are a P), I think that INFP would make a lot more sense for your type than INTP would.

But wait, what about Ti - doesn't both INFJ and INTP use Ti (as you might think)!? Well, let's shift perspectives here and talk about ISTPs in relation to ISFJs and ISFPs. I bet that that at least 9 out of 10 ISTPs would relate better to ISFP than ISFJ, despite how ISFJs and ISTPs both use Ti.

Certainly there's many more things to factor than simply cognitive function comparisons. I'll let you reason the rest out.
    Your example is less accurate because SP and SJ combine thinking and feeling, where NF and NT differ. And if you're not going to bother studying the functions enough to know whether you or I use Fe or Fi or Te or Ti, I can't hold your typing opinion in very high esteem. Plus, you've flip flopped your type more than I have.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Your example is less accurate because SP and SJ combine thinking and feeling, where NF and NT differ. And if you're not going to bother studying the functions enough to know whether you or I use Fe or Fi or Te or Ti, I can't hold your typing opinion in very high esteem. Plus, you've flip flopped your type more than I have.
    Indeed, I don't care about functions half as much as most members, nor do I hold my own opinion in such high esteems as most of them do either.

I was merely pointing out that you look more like an INFP than an INTP, even if you're actually more like INTJ or INFJ, at least in my view.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Greenfairy is not Fi.

I also think it's fine that you're unsure about your type, but I think if you knew more about functions, you might find yourself easier to type, @RaptorWizard

I don't understand all of them, but I understand my top three, at least, well enough.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

No, I would not. I feel like I go through it the same way I go through basically any learning: get interested in it, get absorbed in it, overapply it for a while, begin seeing its limitations more and more frequently, and get interested in something new. In the process I have gained a new framework for looking at things should I choose to employ it.

Understanding from the MBTI in particular has helped me communicate better with my family and boyfriend, and understanding from the Enneagram is helping me become less overreactive, sensitive, and defensive. Self-improvement has always been a hobby of mine. Typology is just another permutation.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Without question. Buncha lunatics roaming 'round these parts.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

No chance in hell. I've learned how to deal with people better -- you just need to learn the limitations of MBTI.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Well, let's shift perspectives here and talk about ISTPs in relation to ISFJs and ISFPs. I bet that that at least 9 out of 10 ISTPs would relate better to ISFP than ISFJ, despite how ISFJs and ISTPs both use Ti.
    An SP relating to an SJ? Those are my parents. For decades I asked them: "How the hell did you two ever get married?" Opposites, in almost every way. The consummate odd couple.
    Btw, I see some Fs in your post. Imagine an ISFJ telling an ISFP to stop being inappropriate. Yeah, that'll work. I'd probably stand by and laugh as the ISFP becomes even more "inappropriate" just to piss off the ISFJ.

To pick at individual function-attitudes, or counting common letters when trying to understand the whole, is as useful as talking about the flute while the orchestra is playing.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I already did.

Granted my interest in typology was sort of tangential at best in the first place, but I have forgotten pretty much everything I ever knew about it.
    *takes left oar and rows*