User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Infinite Bubble

Yes please. People are wonderful and interesting without it, but when you're constantly thinking of them and yourself in the MBTI paradigm, it's just awful. It creates this horrible state of mind that's like a disease. I regard it as a bad mistake in all honesty. I'm currently trying to wean myself off it right now, in hopes that it's just another unhealthy fad, like the Yahoo Answers Obsession of '11 (don't ask).

garbage

Nah. It's better to put knowledge into proper context than to forget it completely.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    That just sounds like a semantic change in terminology to avoid actually calling someone an idiot.

"It's ok, I understand that your brain just isn't wired to think rationally"
    It is more akin to the difference between saying "he's crazy" and "he has bipolar disorder". The first is sloppy and perjorative; the second, a simple statement of fact/observation.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    It is more akin to the difference between saying "he's crazy" and "he has bipolar disorder". The first is sloppy and perjorative; the second, a simple statement of fact/observation.
    I see what you mean.

Although some people would actually see a personality as a condition in itself, which is a shame. But that is the fault of people and their interpretations and biases and not a theory, still on a personal level it gives me some frustration.

I will confess that anyone paying attention, should they be bored enough to do so, would observe that I tend to dip in cycles of self-destructive emotional content and in the absence of a free area to do so offline I tend to pour it out here instead. Not a mature or wise choice but a choice, however then it dips back out again and I am back in a calm frame of mind.

Essentially when those moments strike it takes all the self control I can muster to not let it rule me, though it most likely does and what is on here is but the tip of a rather grumpy iceberg.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Maybe. It's really interesting and all but it's just a theory and doesn't explain everything about our psyches. Plus it's been a big timewaster for me.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Of course not; that would mean I've wasted an absurdly large portion of my life in the past 2 years or so. I'd prefer to think that if everything I know is wrong or useless, then at least I've thoroughly learned that it is and why through the experience. And if I forgot the karmic lesson I learned, I'd have to learn it again in some other way, which would be worse.

It's such glorious food for Ni-Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by SensEye View Post
    No chance. It's great information for modeling the world.

It's made me more tolerant (or at least accepting). I used to think the people were just inherently stupid. Now I realize that many of them just can't think rationally because their brains just aren't wired for it.
    Haha, and this.

As @Inari Love said, it really has made me more accepting of myself and others. At least if I have some sort of framework for understanding why people are so unfathomable, I can refrain from judgment.

MBTI
    INTp

Actually, now that I think about it: It's ok, I understand that your brain just isn't wired to think rationally was poor phrasing on my part. It implies I think SJs never think rationally, which is not true. What I mean is they typically won't immediately analyze problems from a rational perspective, they use a different paradigm. Especially regarding priorities. They always seem to be more preoccupied with following the rules and not taking risks or the like.

Keep in mind, most of my SJ interactions are at work. So this colors my view of them somewhat.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Of course not; that would mean I've wasted an absurdly large portion of my life in the past 2 years or so. I'd prefer to think that if everything I know is wrong or useless, then at least I've thoroughly learned that it is and why through the experience. And if I forgot the karmic lesson I learned, I'd have to learn it again in some other way, which would be worse.

It's such glorious food for Ni-Ti.
    Oh great, don't tell me you're trying to explain yourself in terms of your supposed little "loop" again; your F is so huge that it could block out the sun itself!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

No. It is this discovery that helped me escape the hell hole I was trapped in.

I'm aware that I sometimes rely overly much on MBTI, but it is a small price to pay for the many answers and guidance it has given me over the years, not to mention the tools to sharpen my instincts and confidence to rely on them as well as finetune my craft.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Oh great, don't tell me you're trying to explain yourself in terms of your supposed little "loop" again; your F is so huge that it could block out the sun itself!
    I am. It may be pretty huge, but it's not as well developed as it would have been had I not suppressed it. That is, not as consciously functional. Presently, because of lots of work on my part, I think the middle two functions are pretty equal and can switch positions with ease. But historically I've been extreme in both directions. And fwiw there are two sides to it; I recently got a rep comment saying I seem like an INTP.