User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

No.
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

Yes, I'm polite and nice. However once you get to know me (and I open up a bit) then I can be a bit blunt and go into problem solving mode when you may not have desired that from me.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    Yes, I'm polite and nice. However once you get to know me (and I open up a bit) then I can be a bit blunt and go into problem solving mode when you may not have desired that from me.
    ISTPs <3

That's one of the things I love about my ISTP brother though...like he'll actually be honest with me. It's so refreshing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Nope, I prefer to consider myself fair.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'm polite and formal, but I'm not sure about nice.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I was once talking with one of my best friends about my troubles in the relationship milieu, and I said, "But I don't deserve that! I'm a good guy!" And he replied, "You're a NICE guy. You're not a GOOD guy. You aren't mean and you don't hurt people on purpose, but you're not a fine, upstanding, moral citizen." I guess that I am not always on my best behavior, but, really, what makes one a bad person as opposed to a good person? I think I'd fall on the good side of the ledger, just.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Enneagram
    1w2

I'm still waiting on someone to define what nice means. But if not, I'm going to go with my own definition.

I guess people are shying away from calling themselves nice because they're not aware of how others perceive them (or worse, are . Not very flattering)? Or is it the everyone thinks they're a nice person but in order to save face and have the pretense of humility they say they're not? Nice as a umbrella term for not trying to kill and maim upon sustained contact? Nice is boring and unremarkable? Nice as neutral? So this means I wouldn't want to hang out with the majority of people who answered this thread?

I'm a NICE person. Of course I'm not nice all the time, but yes, generally I am. And not in that blandly pleasant way that most people mean nice. Being blandly nice doesn't leave a lasting impression and I like to have some snap, crackle, and pop. I've got to get people to remember me somehow. I'm not contrary to people just because, I'm reasonably accommodating and I'll help you out if I can. I generally don't mistreat people or enjoy people being mistreated. I'm affable and even when I'm being fussy and bitchy I've accumulated enough nice points that I can get away with a tap on the wrist and sly smile.

I'm not afraid of being a nice person. I don't relish people shooting death stares at me when I walk by. There are other ways to be different.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I guess people are shying away from calling themselves nice because they're not aware of how others perceive them (or worse, are . Not very flattering)? Or is it the everyone thinks they're a nice person but in order to save face and have the pretense of humility they say they're not? Nice as a umbrella term for not trying to kill and maim upon sustained contact? Nice is boring and unremarkable? Nice as neutral? So this means I wouldn't want to hang out with the majority of people who answered this thread?
    I didn't shy away from it. I have no problem telling anyone how nice I am.

I'm not afraid of being a nice person. I don't relish people shooting death stares at me when I walk by. There are other ways to be different.
    Totally agree. I would rather have a positive impact on someone than a negative one. Some people may get irritated at me, but it's usually a positive irritation rather than something that makes them hold a grudge.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    intp

I am more fair than nice. Does "nice" mean "a pushover"? I can come across blunt and mean to people who do not know me if they catch me when I am not playing Samaritan. People who do know me claim I am one of the nicest people they know. Unless they have been asshats, in which case I am apparently a bitch on wheels. (People have a way of vilifying that which shows them their own vileness). I am just doing my part to balance good and evil in the universe.

MBTI
    INFP

No I don't. But people keep telling me I am. And, sadly, "people" have the deciding vote on this issue.