User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do I need to get a life?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, RaptorWizard is a complete and total loser!

1 6.25%
  • Probably, RaptorWizard should get more in touch.

7 43.75%
  • Maybe, RaptorWizard could become more active.

4 25.00%
  • No, RaptorWizard is living the life of a legend!

4 25.00%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

It depends. Do you want a better social life? If so, then do something about it. But sometimes, other people can be complete fools about what will make you happy. I suppose they mean well, but the person who can best figure out what you need is actually yourself.

Fuck what other people claim you are "supposed" to want. You can't spell the word "supposed" aloud without uttering a juvenile term for urine.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I see you can appreciate me and my alien ways even if the understanding isn't there.

I've been told by people like Riva that I'm the nerd of the forum, and Speed Gavroche said I'm a crazy geek that needs to get more involved with real life a few months back.

My social life in the real world sucks really badly too.
    Somehow I was to deduce this from the picture you posted of you wielding a samurai sword while wearing a viking helmet.

The answer to your question stems from whether or not you feel content with your current station in life, and just based on some of the wording used in your OP, I'd say the answer is no. Don't feel too bad, though, as the internet(especially forums and messageboards) is comprised of people exactly like you trying to supplement that exact same need for social fulfillment in the exact same manner that you're currently going about doing so, so you aren't alone in that respect.

Want to get a life? Get the fuck off the computer, and put yourself out of your comfort zone by forcing yourself into real life social situations. 99% of the people who are in the same boat as you say they're happy with that situation, and 99% of those people are generally full of shit.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I'd say it's a balance, and perhaps being older might give me more experience to know that trying to fit society's expectations 100% of the time also sucks. Yes, people generally need friends, but there's a difference between having friends and going out and doing things with people sometimes, and going out and doing things with people every weekend because this is what young people are "supposed" to do.

Maybe, just maybe, I already tried going out and "living" life, as defined by society, and just found it kind of irritating and not that interesting.

There is a big difference between getting what social needs an introvert might need met, and fitting society's definition of "being social." I'd say he should care about one and not the other. But I might not have the same worldly wisdom as a 24 year old.

And yes, I am judging you for drinking excessively and smoking pot. Endlessly. I jerk off to my judgment, because it makes me so hard. I get off on it, and I love my little judgment-gasms.... yes judge. judge... judge...judge. JUDGE.

Maybe succumbing to the inferior function works awesome for some INTPs, but it didn't work out that well for me. INTSHEEPLE!
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Being an insane nerd is so fun, because I pretty much get to rumble the entire world with socially unacceptable and paradigm-transforming randomness for the win!

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I remember this thread.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm all down with this Fi-lovey-dovey do what feels good thing. But, honestly, I think you would get a lot of value out of contributing to an existing community, and using your philosophical inclination more effectively by seeing what has been done before.

As Newton said, "If I have seen farther it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm all down with this Fi-lovey-dovey do what feels good thing. But, honestly, I think you would get a lot of value out of contributing to an existing community, and using your philosophical inclination more effectively by seeing what has been done before.

As Newton said, "If I have seen farther it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    Sure, Newton had a mental gift that you could call "hyperfocus" directed towards high-minded esoteric ideals, but he also was very much a jerk!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Sure, Newton had a mental gift that you could call "hyperfocus" directed towards high-minded esoteric ideals, but he also was very much a jerk!
    Sure, but he was a jerk that changed the world.

MBTI
    INTP

Honestly I saw your cosmology thread and clicked a few of the links and thought, damn, this is pure nonsense. As intuitives are wont to do I am trying to draw a picture of you here based on almost zero data points, but if anything I don't think you need more friends but I do think you need to get in touch with reality via more reputable learning sources. You're going down the path of becoming a crank and it won't get you anywhere. Maybe you can or can't see this, as I don't think "right and wrong" is the only factor at play in your decision making. Perhaps you have a proclivity for grandiosity that needs to burn itself out before you settle for the slightly less bombastic pursuits of real science. I recommend making that happen as quickly as possible, though. I will say you do seem smart and have potential, but the longer you waste time the worse it will wind up being in the end. If you do have said personality defect, the best and only way to get over it is to go all the way with it. Act out your beliefs. If they lead you to ruin now, it's better than it happening later, when it will be harder to recover and more time will have been wasted.

Edit: Oh, you're 20. It's pretty normal for you to be incredibly grandiose at that point (you definitely are). I was too, and it would have helped me to have someone point it out. I'm sure I would have denied it, but I would have at least remembered it and recognized the truth about what I was into, which is the same mysticism crap. Eventually you realize that stuff doesn't get you jack shit, you're still the same regular, ordinary old you no matter how much cosmic enlightenment bs you read about, and no one is gonna listen to you to boot. But like I said, just fucking throw yourself at it all the way if you really believe in it. It will either work or it won't. At least you'll know and be able to move on (when it doesn't).

Edit 2: Another spoiler: your grandiosity is a defense mechanism you use to hide something from yourself. Probably an immense disappointment about life and yourself. Maybe your parents told you all the time you were great and super special but reality shows you a world of millions of people, many of them surpassing you in different areas. Don't worry, I think it is like that for everyone. Also, I am sure you are pretty disappointed with the social options out there, which is obviously why you made this thread. The ugly truth lurks: you are probably an outcast. People don't really relate to you, at least not the cool people in real life. Hell, even the uncool people barely relate. INTPs are freaks. No one relates. All to say, this isn't at heart a matter of becoming less grandiose. That's a symptom. It's actually a matter of coming to terms with disappointment, and it's probably gonna break your heart.

But I really don't know. Again, the whole intuitive thing.