User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do I need to get a life?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, RaptorWizard is a complete and total loser!

1 6.25%
  • Probably, RaptorWizard should get more in touch.

7 43.75%
  • Maybe, RaptorWizard could become more active.

4 25.00%
  • No, RaptorWizard is living the life of a legend!

4 25.00%
First 1234 Last

Nope. You're an absolute legend on this forum.

Riva

I believe the only people I have called nerds are Mac, Ras and maybe Jock. Unless you are referring to a conversation we've had on venrilo; which I don't recall?

Besides being a nerd isn't a bad thing. I don't believe I've said that? There are a lot of nerds with lives. Also one doesn't need to have a metaphorical-life to enjoy life.

Assuming that you are a nerd; take your nerdiness and wear it with pride.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Your insights are valuable. You have a lovely mind. If you want more out of the other parts of life you might not be used to engaging in, they're yours for the taking. If not, keep doin you. You're great at it.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Riva

The OP made it sound as if I am a gigantic jerk who doesn't appreciate what is for what is.

What is at most times what one want to be deep inside.

So whatever what you are if not enjoyed then it probably means one needs to change its ways.

But if you are succumbed to change by peer pressure then it means you truly don't value yourself or you haven't learned how to deal with peer pressure yet.

Age will teach you that I hope as it has taught me.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Your insights are valuable. You have a lovely mind. If you want more out of the other parts of life you might not be used to engaging in, they're yours for the taking. If not, keep doin you. You're great at it.
    My thoughts exactly.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

If you're feeling bad (emotionally) and you feel like the source is lack of human interaction, then yes. But only with people you feel in synch with.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    yupp

go with your gut

I think your ideas are interesting, but you should take yourself a bit less serious.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Not doing stuff much irl can hinder all sorts of good stuff happening, so my suggestion to anyone who feels like irl isnt fun enough is to do more stuff irl so that more good things can happen. But i dont think its this loser thing that you mentioned, its just a quality of life thing. But if you feel like you have everything you have ever wanted atm and are happy with your life, then do what ever you are doing.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    From my understanding, you have two best friends irl. A male and female. You're already doing better than 90% of the people in here so you shouldn't be seeking their advice or taking it seriously.
    Ha ha too true and I hardly have any myself.

@RaptorWizard

The funny thing about the concept of losers and winners is that it nearly always stems from a societal expectation imposed on the person from early life.

Happiness and contentedness is to me something that an individual discovers for themselves, outside of the winners and the losers.

Also you are quite a different person than those I have known in my life and who I continue to know, and I mean this in a positive manner.

People like myself are endlesssly common place and boring, people such as yourself brighten things up a bit.
    Also if you really think there is an issue with your life, then go out a bit and see for yourself if what others call a life is really worth aspiring to.

@Riva

Surely I am one of the uber-geeks?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    I feel like If we met IRL you'd be too much for me to handle. (srs)

But, you do bring a unique vibe to the forum and I don't think you should stop posting.

Also, I'm not sure that you're an INTJ. : thinking :
    I see you can appreciate me and my alien ways even if the understanding isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    You are NOT a loser. You have a brilliant mind, an open mind, and loads of insight beyond your years. I personally think you're kind of awesome.
    I must continue the chase to step ahead of the times!

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    Your posts always remind me of that song by Frank Zappa called “Cosmik Debris” (with you being "the mystery man”). If you don’t know the song, you can see it at this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjPlhb4f9P8

Anyway, you’re vaguely entertaining. But definitely, for your own good you need to get a life (away from the computer, that is).
    But there's so many amazing things we can do with the computer!

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I honestly don't think you're all that nerdy.. just some random guy with a lot of ideas. Do whatever you want to do to get what you want out of life.
    Yes, I'm a very random kid because I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Do whatever you want with life, I'm not judging (I think.)
    Ah yes, if only I could describe in at least 10 pages what my ultimate life purpose is destined to be...

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Americans hate losers, but we love losers. Our national hero, Ned Kelly, is a loser - he lost so badly we hanged him. And our national day of the year, ANZAC Day, commenorates a complete defeat at the hands of the Turks.

So consider your contexts: do you want to be a complete loser in America, or would you prefer to be a complete loser in Oz?
    We need more magical fairtytales for loser teenage kids like myself!

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Yeah

RW I think you're a more interesting person than a lot of other people I've ever met. Take that as you will.
    Your gaze clearly goes past superficial barriers.

Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
    If you're unhappy with your life as it is, then yes.
    I won't ever be happy with life until every ambition is realized, and then I will go back to being unhappy because I won't have a life purpose to fulfill.

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    From my understanding, you have two best friends irl. A male and female. You're already doing better than 90% of the people in here so you shouldn't be seeking their advice or taking it seriously.
    Yes, perhaps the best advice for myself is that I'm being too open and taking too much advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Nope. You're an absolute legend on this forum.
    Bruce Lee says that the key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I believe the only people I have called nerds are Mac, Ras and maybe Jock. Unless you are referring to a conversation we've had on venrilo; which I don't recall?

Besides being a nerd isn't a bad thing. I don't believe I've said that? There are a lot of nerds with lives. Also one doesn't need to have a metaphorical-life to enjoy life.

Assuming that you are a nerd; take your nerdiness and wear it with pride.
    It was actually on Ventrilo, and it's a point of amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    This seems to fit my vision of universal acceptance and individuality.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    If you're feeling bad (emotionally) and you feel like the source is lack of human interaction, then yes. But only with people you feel in synch with.
    I'm a bit of a hermit by nature, but I also want intense connections and a sort of magical experience, so maybe I could seek it out in new places.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    go with your gut
    I actually listen very intently to my gut and consider its possibilities, but frankly, I also tend to be very skeptical of its correctness or level of completion.

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    I think your ideas are interesting, but you should take yourself a bit less serious.
    Hmm, maybe I am driving myself too hard, but when it's all said and done, I want a perception that I've maximized everything, both in productions, and in having a happy state of being.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Not doing stuff much irl can hinder all sorts of good stuff happening, so my suggestion to anyone who feels like irl isnt fun enough is to do more stuff irl so that more good things can happen. But i dont think its this loser thing that you mentioned, its just a quality of life thing. But if you feel like you have everything you have ever wanted atm and are happy with your life, then do what ever you are doing.
    Perhaps I should continue on with my present course, as I'm feeling good about it, and when I've progressed far enough, I hope to then use it in advancing world development.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    The funny thing about the concept of losers and winners is that it nearly always stems from a societal expectation imposed on the person from early life.

Happiness and contentedness is to me something that an individual discovers for themselves, outside of the winners and the losers.

Also you are quite a different person than those I have known in my life and who I continue to know, and I mean this in a positive manner.

People like myself are endlesssly common place and boring, people such as yourself brighten things up a bit.
    Also if you really think there is an issue with your life, then go out a bit and see for yourself if what others call a life is really worth aspiring to.
    I'm glad to see that I can continue onwards with my present character to bigger horizons and brighter futures.