User Tag List

Enneagram
    9w8

Default So, what'd you do today?

I finished a mural, after months and months of details and trying to find time to work on it, I finished it!!!! It's located at a high school in the Appalachian Highlands. It's the fourth mural I've done for this school and now, I've been commissioned for another one in a pharmacy not too far away from the school and I've been commissioned to paint one for another school, an elementary school this time. If I keep this up, I may earn enough money to open my very own martial arts school [I'm currently having to use someone else's building and can't really "do" anything to make it really prosper. I have a lot of good ideas for the school and I think they'll work.] I think I would LOVE that.

Oh, wanna see it? It may be kind of small because I had to get way back to fit it all into the frame, even with a panoramic view. It's a really big mural.

DSCN0737.jpg

Now, I need to send them an invoice and GET PAID!

Oh, I forgot...so, what'd you do today?
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Oh, wanna see it? It may be kind of small because I had to get way back to fit it all into the frame, even with a panoramic view. It's a really big mural.

DSCN0737.jpg
    Awesome mural Ene, especially the 60's portion. I dig the groovy flower child thing and The Beatles mention.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Nice mural Ene!

I finished a e-learning course.

MBTI
    yupp

hopefully volunteering from 3:30-9:30 depending on if i can get a ride home. if i can't get a ride home than volunteering from 3:30-6:30 since the bus here stops running at 7. no one needs the bus after 7 that's just ridiculous

garbage

A mural? To pay for a martial arts school? Damn. that's cool. It sounds like one of those movies where a small community's requisite motivator of preteens works with his mentees to keep their dance studio from being bought from under them by a wealthy fatcat by raising enough money to buy it back themselves.

Today's lazy out of necessity--the recent trend. I've been down for the count for the past two weeks or so, because I was sick with some respiratory thing that got all complicated and required steroids, that in turn have made me delirious and groggy and will continue to do so until they're finally out of my system. No big deal.

I have a presentation of my lab later today (colloquial, low-key, low-stakes) and I have two professional organizational meetings in a row after that. This is the busiest day that I've had in quite a while, and it's only occupying a few hours of my time. The second of those organizational meetings is at a local landmark that serves 200+ kinds of beers, and I can't drink because of my sickness-medications. Boo.

Until all of that, all I'm doing is using my limited supply of energy to pick away at my dissertation. I'm defending the thing in less than two weeks; and every lil' bit of effort helps refine it.

So far today, this post is probably the only thing I've put any effort into. And it was difficult.

Enneagram
    9w8

@Saudade Thank you so much.

@ Thank you and way to go on finishing the course!!!!

@prplchknz what kind of volunteering do you do? And did you get a ride?

@bologna
    A mural? To pay for a martial arts school? Damn. that's cool.
    Thank you. I only hope I can pull it off. I think it will be amazing.

It sounds like one of those movies where a small community's requisite motivator of preteens works with his mentees to keep their dance studio from being bought from under them by a wealthy fatcat by raising enough money to buy it back themselves.
    That would actually be a good movie. haha.

Today's lazy out of necessity--the recent trend.
    Sometimes, I love a lazy day.

I've been down for the count for the past two weeks or so, because I was sick with some respiratory thing that got all complicated and required steroids, that in turn have made me delirious and groggy and will continue to do so until they're finally out of my system. No big deal.
    I think you deserve a lazy day. I hope you feel like your normal self soon, though.

I have a presentation of my lab later today (colloquial, low-key, low-stakes) and I have two professional organizational meetings in a row after that. This is the busiest day that I've had in quite a while, and it's only occupying a few hours of my time. The second of those organizational meetings is at a local landmark that serves 200+ kinds of beers, and I can't drink because of my sickness-medications. Boo.
    Wow, even your lazy day is busy.

Until all of that, all I'm doing is using my limited supply of energy to pick away at my dissertation. I'm defending the thing in less than two weeks; and every lil' bit of effort helps refine it.
    Dissertation?! I am sincerely wishing you the best of outcomes. Will you let us know how it goes? Fingers are crossed for you
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

MBTI
    yupp

just cleaning. no I couldn't even get there the bus didn't show grrr

Enneagram
    9w8

@prplchknz That sucks, that the bus didn't even show. I want a lazy day tomorrow, sort of, anyway.