User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Default What do you think when you reread old threads you have participated in?

As several old threads have been revived lately, I've reread a few of them and been surprised to see entries from myself that I don't even remember. In some of them I've changed my mind about some things, or would at least present my thoughts a little differently. I don't think there's too much I'm desperately embarrassed at, although it is funny to see my earlier perceptions of some types or my approach to interacting with them.

I realized that it's been about five years since I've joined the forum and in that time my own life circumstances have changed a lot and a lot of members have come and gone. Thank you all for bearing with me as I worked through some loss and sadness and for being welcoming when I first joined the forum and didn't have a lot of social options in my real life at the time, due to where I was living.

What about you? If you had it to do over again would you disclose less? More? Do you think you were a different person at the time you joined the forum than you are now?

your resident asshole

I prefer not to look back because I usually end up sounding like a weirdo somehow.

garbage

On all but the typology-related threads, looks like I've been fairly consistent at my core. Nothing to complain about; it's in fact reassuring.

On the typology-related threads, I cringe. "Fi be all like this, Fe be all like this." I guess it's that zit-ridden phase that we all have to pass through.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I try not to. And I hate when people dig them up. Some of them I don't even remember creating...and I think it's better that way. I'm totally humiliated when some of my older posts are dug up. Stop doing it. Necromancy is not cool.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    What about you? If you had it to do over again would you disclose less? More? Do you think you were a different person at the time you joined the forum than you are now?
    I believe I may have disclosed less, at least I am quickly tired to people mentioning my profession in threads, usually if I answer the forum trolls in kind or express opinions which in a very PC and unreflective way they assume must be contrary to my professions ethics.

When I joined my online forum options were not good but I didnt post right away, there was A LOT more nastiness about the forum and it was only ending when I began posting myself, a couple of posters exited at that time and I'm not sorry they did. I joined because I found the topics of the forum interesting. The subforums and themes of the forum were what I was creating threads on elsewhere on the web. Two forums restructured cutting out the open forums and another forums closed and the remaining forum had too many people having meltdowns and no new blood.

I dont find anything I've written embarrassing or cringe worthy, I wouldnt disown any of it and that's for sure, sometimes I'm kind of surprised at just how articulate I've been on topics or how emotionally invested in the out come of discussions it seems I am. If some of the same topics came up now I think I'd have a lot less difficulty just ignoring them or I wouldnt be interested in the same way but that's probably because I've had those discussions already if that makes sense.

There's been a couple of threads I've not remembered and I've commented on them as though it was an original thread.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    I try not to. And I hate when people dig them up. Some of them I don't even remember creating...and I think it's better that way. I'm totally humiliated when some of my older posts are dug up. Stop doing it. Necromancy is not cool.
    Hmm, I wonder if this is the reason people hate those threads being revived?

Some of the threads I did revive I did so because I liked the topics and thought they were better than a lot of the present threads that I see on the forum.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post

I haven't changed much since I joined the forum. I would likely post the same sorts of things as I did three years ago when I joined. I still get kinda embarrassed looking at some of my old posts though.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I think they're funny. I remember coming across some of my firsts posts way afterward and thought it was hilarious that I was like so what's the difference between infp and enfp and not knowing which I was at all and jack flack like following my posts around and screaming enfp at me. Haha

figsfiggyfigs

I cringe into nothingness.

MBTI
    INtP

Usually I'm struck by two things... one, that I still basically agree with the vast majority of what I've written, even years ago. Second, I'm always a bit surprised that my old posts seem well-written. It's almost like I expect them to stink of N00bSpEaK or something.

I also find myself missing a lot of posters who participated in these threads who aren't around anymore, or post much less frequently than they used to. Lots of "hey, I wonder whatever happened to <X>?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]