User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I think a majority of people originally came here because of some kind of crisis or because of feelings of isolation. What made you stay on?

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Well I couldn't remember seeing myself in older posts, so I looked them up. ( I just spent the last half hour reading between the INTP+ENTJ thread , and the Common INTJ Issues thread)

I think when I joined this forum, I was in a pretty bad place.

Low self-confidence, taking everything personally, and crap like that.

I also see that I really do fit the description of a high temperment.

Reading some of my posts, is like watching a kid. On crack. In a bouncy house. "sighs"

Almost like I couldn't get the words out fast enough lol. Sad really.
    This. I was like grabbing for straws throwing all kinda of thoughts and feelings out there. Sometimes I'm prouder of how I presented myself than others.

No regrets though. Guess I needed it. Sometimes I look back and enjoy my post or whatever interaction was taking place though too.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Reading some of my posts, is like watching a kid. On crack. In a bouncy house. "sighs"
    Ha-ha. Yeah, I've experienced this. There are times when a connection is so clear in my head I assume it's clear to *everybody*- and it's only when I read it later (well past the editing deadline) that I realize why probably no one had any idea what I was talking about.

But then in other posts here and there, I'll be surprised at how well I articulated something- because at the time I felt as though I wasn't articulating it well at all.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    This. I was like grabbing for straws throwing all kinda of thoughts and feelings out there. Sometimes I'm prouder of how I presented myself than others.

No regrets though. Guess I needed it. Sometimes I look back and enjoy my post or whatever interaction was taking place though too.
    yup, no regrets here either.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Ha-ha. Yeah, I've experienced this. There are times when a connection is so clear in my head I assume it's clear to *everybody*- and it's only when I read it later (well past the editing deadline) that I realize why probably no one had any idea what I was talking about.

But then in other posts here and there, I'll be surprised at how well I articulated something- because at the time I felt as though I wasn't articulating it well at all.
    and yup, I felt bad for others on some, and I was surprised on some as well. lol

Edit: @fidelia I have come and gone on here, but I keep coming back, cause this is an outlet for me. I am past the point of infatuation with typology (it's embarrassing)...it's a life style for me, lol, and nobody else irl likes it or gets it, except for one person. And sadly he lives far away

So I'm here cause it makes me feel like I'm less of an alien.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

I'm surprised.
    I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I am entertained. And I miss all the cool people who moved on with their lives (or got kicked out).
    Forum is currently overrun with snivelling brats.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I think a majority of people originally came here because of some kind of crisis or because of feelings of isolation. What made you stay on?
    The straight up truth?
    My first husband needed lots of time on the computer playing games and programming. I missed chatting a bit, but prefer to let people be their natural selves. He was an INTP, so I did a rather logical thing and found the INTP forum. I figured it would be a bit like chatting with him more - a virtual version of him. After a while all the non-intps got kicked out, this forum was created, and here I am. I made some friends there that ended up here. When my life is demanding, I don't have the mental stamina to make new friends, and there is some feeling of constancy for me to have people I've known online for a decade now. There is a familiar aspect to it and it is low energy. It helps that I can reply to whichever topic and am not forced to do small talk. There is no pressure to respond - you come and go as your energy allows. It is an introvert heaven that allows for some social contact.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Forum is currently overrun with snivelling brats.
    Note to self: Keep doing what I'm doing. Bugging people with Generation X privilege is loads of fun.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Usually I'm struck by two things... one, that I still basically agree with the vast majority of what I've written, even years ago. Second, I'm always a bit surprised that my old posts seem well-written. It's almost like I expect them to stink of N00bSpEaK or something.

I also find myself missing a lot of posters who participated in these threads who aren't around anymore, or post much less frequently than they used to. Lots of "hey, I wonder whatever happened to <X>?"
    Yes, I can identify with all that.

Sometimes I do remember writing the posts.
    Sometimes I only faintly remember writing them.
    The weirdest is when I end up back here after Googling some typology thing, read a post, then look at the name and realize I had written it -- it still sounds like me, but I have no recollection of actually typing the words.

I usually thought through everything enough that my thoughts haven't changed a ton in the last five years or so.
    But I did undergo a huge shift before that point, and my self from ten years ago seems very different in some ways.
    That part's weird, when I read things. But that stuff isn't as much on the forum.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

(mod edit: removed reference to rep comment)
    Last edited by Randomnity; 10-23-2013 at 09:55 AM.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78